Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Headphone Jack top or bottom?

harmtan2harmtan2 United StatesPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Which end of the phone do you prefer to have the headphone jack on? I definitely prefer bottom. That's like one of the few gripes I have with this otherwise stelar phone.</p></body>

Headphone Jack top or bottom? 60 votes

Headphone Jack on top?
43% 26 votes
Headphone Jack on bottom?
38% 23 votes
Who cares as long as it has one!
18% 11 votes

Comments

• harmtan2harmtan2 United StatesPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭

For those who voted for it on the top? I have to ask why? The bottom position is my preference for the following reasons. I put my phone in my pocket with the top facing down. That way when I pull it out it's already in the correct position in my hand. This way the headphones don't get bent.

The other is for car use. I use the aux jack & charger on bottom & headphone jack on top creates for some wire hell.

• Where is "don't care as long as it has one"?

I guess your comment will have to suffice for that. I didn't include it lol.

• twizztwizz stockholmPosts: 2

On the top is always better for me. I have the phone downwards so then the headphones should come up.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer top, because that's just how i put it in my pocket, but it's not a big deal to me either way as I'm slowly moving to all bluetooth headphones anyway.

• I actually prefer it being on the top because of how I put the phone in my pocket.  Really though it doesn't matter because I would just get used to using it wherever it's at.  I've used phones with the jack on bottom and it's all about the same to me, just a matter of adjusting.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i know this seems to be a old Poll but i prefer the Headphone jack to be located where the USB port is located. so in the case of the Axon 7 or any axon out there is at the Bottom.

• The bottom is also great for when you are carrying it around your neck with a lanyard type carrier.  You latch the phone hanging upside down so you can just lift it up and use it without taking it off your neck.

• lekeiserlekeiser Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand such posts... It's there, won't move, so what's the point?

What's going to be the next post? Do you like the A7 color? Do you like the name Axon? Do you prefer your meat rare or...?

• mcanicmcanic The NetherlandsPosts: 106
    The bottom position is my preference for the following reasons. I put my phone in my pocket with the top facing down.

Exactly.

• jtma11024jtma11024 Bluffton, SCPosts: 91 ✭✭

I use a dock at my office so having the headphone on the bottom would not work.

Thanks for recognizing what I felt like was obvious. Option has been added.

• Headphone jack on top is more convenient for those of us who use a charging base to hold the phone.

I can under that for sure. One day I'll get Bluetooth for my car and then I won't care as much. Rift now am aux jack is my only option. Which makes for cable hell when I need a charge.

This discussion has been closed.