Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would You Be Interested In Multi-Window Support

Comments

• Great feature for reaching and taking notes without switching apps/screens or for calculator over browser. Used frequently on smaller LG phones and would be even better on Zmax Pro.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I like to multitask some time when I texting to make sure people give me the right information about restaurant and specs on computers and phones.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, just have a button to turn it on and off.

• cyanidekidcyanidekid Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

If rooted there's build prop edit for multiple window mode on most Marshmallow roms

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you dare ZTE, don't you even dare. It's bad enough that you removed stock android features in Marshmallow, doing the same thing with Nougat will just be f****d up. We buy your phones, we should have the right to decide for ourselves what features we will use and won't. I mean seriously, you remove Adoptable Storage, removed certain Do Not Disturb features and buried it deep in the settings, removed certain quick settings toggles, screwed up encryption, etc and what do we get in return? Ummm.......MiPop?My Voice? A "Stock Android" theme and launcher which is just insulting to those of us who have actually used stock android? Are you kidding me? Get it together ZTE.

That too and a whole lot more I don't remember. Every day I'm on this forum I learn about another "feature" of MiFavor. I'm using the unofficial CM13 as my daily driver because of what a mess MiFavor is. Thank god for CM otherwise I would've returned this phone by now. ZTE would be able to steal so many of OnePlus' customers if they just went close to stock and were just as developer friendly.

Multi-window is built in with Android 7 and in the developer option you can force all apps to use it. So it will be in the next update.

There are some minor quirks here and there like with the audio, video recording/playback, and microphone distortion but for the most part it is stable. You can definitely choose none for the lockscreen and encryption works as it should.

I saw the video of the ZTE CES conference and they stated the axon 7 is ZTE flagship phone so don't give up just yet. It take Samsung and google the next update to fix bugs ant that usually took like three months. So give them some time and remember there working on 7.0 not 6. Whatever.

For no notification I just banned all apps so it will never have them on your screen.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Multi window is not that useful on a 5.5" phone screen. I have it on other phones and never use it.

Besides you can use the recent apps button to toggle back and forth between apps quickly

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

agree with you.

This discussion has been closed.