Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Are you tired of all these repetitive, stale, and pointless A7 polls?

alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p><span __jive_emoticon_name="happy" __jive_macro_name="emoticon" class="jive_emote jive_macro" data-hasrefreshed="true" data-renderedposition="8_8_16_16" src="https://assets2.jiveon.com/core/2016.3.4.0.efc1903/images/emoticons/happy.png"></span></p></body>

Are you tired of all these repetitive, stale, and pointless A7 polls? 70 votes

Yes! Please make them stop!!
57% 40 votes
No, I love pointless, stale, and repetitive polls!!
42% 30 votes

Comments

• The informative weekly "we are listening" posts really turned into pointless garbage very fast. It would be appreciated it instead they just told the next time we should expect relelvant info or just not post again until something relevant actually comes up. Been months of nothing waiting for Nougat.

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz United StatesPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

This poll. That poll. Everybody gets a poll!!  A poll for you!  A poll for you!  A poll for everybody!

• My company does the same thing to string customers along.  If you call and complain about something that we don't care about then we add you to our "feedback list".  A hefty lump of customers shut up after they feel like they're involved in our decisions. Half a day of making flashy google forms has saved our Csr's from listening to people complain for thousands of hours, although as a rule of thumb we never look at those surveys since it would affect moral. 

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would be more upset at the number of pointless polls if you had no way to filter them out.  Fortunately we do.

• alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does one block/ignore all these poll threads??

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL...I was thinking of doing the same thing just yesterday! I have been thinking about this for a long time...so FUNNY! I hate these ridiculous polls and I wish ZTE would just take this feature away all together.

Go here:   Axon [Series]

then click on "Discussions".  It won't show any polls or videos.

• What a super biased post.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If nobody votes on those polls, then those polls will die a natural death and no one would likely post another poll.

Since there are people voting on those polls, it meant the community is not quite tired of them.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to see a poll here and there on the forum. But recently it's like polls have taken over.

In fact I started a discussion about.

Why all the polls now?

I hesitate to say what I really think is the cause.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe people are voting and not commenting, who knows?

Many of the discussions here lately have centered around a multitude of software bugs which can cast a negative shadow.

Nothing works better to change that than to change the subject.

• jtma11024jtma11024 Bluffton, SCPosts: 91 ✭✭

Funny you should ask... ;-)

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mind polls from ZTE and staff, but the old, old polls that have been dredged from from times past need to go. If it was last commented on months ago it needs to stay buried instead of being pulled back up.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The reason most of these old polls show up again is what mentions.  Someone votes on an old poll and doesn't comment and the poll shows up from and center.  I wonder if putting a time limit on the poll (maybe 1 month or two?) would be an option the mods would consider.

​ or ​ would this be an option, or do the polls help ZTE even after a certain period of time?

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just created a poll and noticed that that option was there under Advanced. I should have set it but I got in a hurry.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

We actually removed polls from recent content earlier today when the thread popped up. We are monitoring to see if anything sneaks by.

Yes, most won't set it, that's why I was wondering if it could automatically be set after a certain time

If only i could get my wife to say that...

No shipping notification yet, but I plan on doing some reviews.

I'm starting to think that with all these Polls floating to the top that something nefarious is going on.  Can someone at ZTE see if this is the same person who keeps voting on these polls, as in IP address?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

Nothing crazy going on there. It's just new users going back and voting on old polls. Now that we have removed them from recent content, I have not see any issues over the past 24 hours.

This discussion has been closed.