@azuth01 said:

@hollap said:

@azuth01 said:

@azuth01 said:
    @22david said:
    So after many instances where > @hollap said:

@azuth01 said:

@22david said:
    So after many instances where my hotspot would show connected but my laptop or PC would show no internet I hand coded the IPv4 DNS to google's 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4 (laptop and PC) and I have not had that problem since.

Did not work for me. My wife's mini has a functional hot-spot so I went ahead and used the warranty to get a new phone.. After it updated the hot-spot quit working. Frustrating

What is the issue you are experiencing, @azuth01?

After the latest update my hot-spot no longer has internet access. I can turn the feature on and connect to it with my laptop, but it says no internet access. My wife has a mini also but I can access the internet from my laptop using her hot-spot.

Have you tried wiping the partition cache at all @azuth01 ?

I did a factory reset, then I traded my phone in under warranty. The new phone had speaker problems and the hot-spot on it didn't work. I am now on my 3rd device that I just received today. I did no back ups, updated the stock mi favor rom, activated the hot-spot, connected with my laptop and my laptop says it has no internet service.I have also tried changing my laptops IPv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 to no avail. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about phone tech/interface. I figured a new device from the factory with nothing changed but an update should work.

Can you try using your wife's sim card in your phone? That will help determine if it's the phone or the sim card. Thanks!

• azuth01azuth01 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@azuth01 said:

@hollap said:

@azuth01 said:

@azuth01 said:
    @22david said:
    So after many instances where > @hollap said:

@azuth01 said:

@22david said:
    So after many instances where my hotspot would show connected but my laptop or PC would show no internet I hand coded the IPv4 DNS to google's 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4 (laptop and PC) and I have not had that problem since.

Did not work for me. My wife's mini has a functional hot-spot so I went ahead and used the warranty to get a new phone.. After it updated the hot-spot quit working. Frustrating

What is the issue you are experiencing, @azuth01?

After the latest update my hot-spot no longer has internet access. I can turn the feature on and connect to it with my laptop, but it says no internet access. My wife has a mini also but I can access the internet from my laptop using her hot-spot.

Have you tried wiping the partition cache at all @azuth01 ?

I did a factory reset, then I traded my phone in under warranty. The new phone had speaker problems and the hot-spot on it didn't work. I am now on my 3rd device that I just received today. I did no back ups, updated the stock mi favor rom, activated the hot-spot, connected with my laptop and my laptop says it has no internet service.I have also tried changing my laptops IPv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 to no avail. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about phone tech/interface. I figured a new device from the factory with nothing changed but an update should work.

Can you try using your wife's sim card in your phone? That will help determine if it's the phone or the sim card. Thanks!

OK, so I put my wife's sim in my phone and it did not work. Just out of curiosity I put my sim in her phone and realized she had not ran the latest update,my sim in her phone works. She still has Mi Favor 4.0 USAV1.0.0B21 My phone worked correctly on that build. It has only been since update to 1.2.0B21 that my hotspot on all 3 phones quit working.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@azuth01 , just verifying that you are running B2017G_USAV1.2.0B12, not B21?

@hollap said:
    @azuth01 , just verifying that you are running B2017G_USAV1.2.0B12, not B21?

Correct it is B12 and not B21, typo on my part. I Did go over all my APN settings with ZTE tech support.Their solution is for me to exchange my phone and to not update the phone they send me. (Have now had 3 axon 7mini and all have a functional hot-spot before the update, after the update I can connect to the hot-spot but no internet access.)

• teah27teah27 Fort Worth TexasPosts: 1 ✭✭

Is an update with this issue?

• chavochavo neverlandPosts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure would be nice for a ZTE rep to respond to this issue....still no working hotspot after Nougat....whats up with this? Anyone?

anyone here tried this fix?https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73435381&postcount=28 i have downloaded ADB fastboot and tried to enter the commands with the system returning that the commands aren't valid system commands.....getting exasperated !

@azuth01, @chavo, @ilovetofu, What carrier are you all using? Trying to find a single link to what the issue may be here. Many are reporting this working, but a few seem to still have issues. Thanks!

• wlagalvezwlagalvez usaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    @azuth01, @chavo, @ilovetofu, What carrier are you all using? Trying to find a single link to what the issue may be here. Many are reporting this working, but a few seem to still have issues. Thanks!

I'm using TMobile and it's not working. I put the same sim card on a different phone and I can tether without any issue. However if I try to do the same on the axon mini it is no functional. I don't care much about it but sometimes is useful when you don't have WiFi nearby and you only option is tether other devices.

@wlagalvez said:

@hollap said:

I'm using TMobile and it's not working. I put the same sim card on a different phone and I can tether without any issue. However if I try to do the same on the axon mini it is no functional. I don't care much about it but sometimes is useful when you don't have WiFi nearby and you only option is tether other devices.

@wlagalvez have you tried the fix below? It has worked for others:

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,880 mod

@chavo said:
    Thanks Hollap! My exchange with you above inspired me to search for a fix again and,Voila'!!!!

Hopes this helps those who are still having issues!

Vick Fisher said:
    OK- after a few more hours of trying, I found a solution, but it requires you to get the Android SDK on your PC. If you're not on Windows, don't bother reading the rest of this.

That's easily downloaded, though it's over 200MB. Once you install it, you're ready to use the adb shell. Instructions for that here. It's really not hard even though it may sound like you need to be technical.

https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools

You'll also need to enable Android debugging on your phone. This link shows how to do that.

http://www.greenbot.com/article/2457986/how-to-enable-developer-options-on-your-android-phone-or-tablet.html

Don't worry, you don't have to do any development.

After you make yourself a "developer" on your Android phone, you need to enable USB debugging.
    Go to Settings -> Developer options -> and activate the "USB Debugging" toggle.

All you need to do then is:

Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
    Open a windows prompt to to the sdk\platform-tools folder inside the Android development kit folder.
    Once iin sdk\platform-tools, type

.\adb shell.

This starts the Android shell (terminal where commands can be typed), which can work on your phone.
    Once in the shell, type this:

settings put global tether_dun_required 0

Press return. To confirm it worked, type this and press return:

settings get global tether_dun_required

It should print out a zero.

Then you can quit the android development kit.

Reboot your phone.
    Hook up your phone to the computer and set up the USB tether hotspot.
    It takes about a minute for mine to start up, but then hovering over the icon on the task bar shows: Network XX Internet access.

Hope that helps!

@wlagalvez have you tried @chavo 's suggestion yet?

it worked for me....not tethering with USB,but the actual hotspot works after following the instructions above.

• riverive Posts: 64 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2017 11:45AM

@wlagalvez

I'm using TMobile and it's not working. I put the same sim card on a different phone and I can tether without any issue. However if I try to do the same on the axon mini it is no functional

My A7 Mini is on 7.1.1 , have Tmobile, and the Hotspot works just fine for me. Seems you have a defective, or software corrupted mini

I didn't have to do SDK, or anything else either. It just works.

(My T-Mobile plan is also unlimited LTE hotspot tethering with zero rated binge on)

@wlagalvez said:

@hollap said:

Sorry for the late reply, had given up on the issue but plan to try Chavos solution today. O have had 3 phones on 2 sims on Crickets network. All hotspots work before update and stop working after. I will try the newer fixes that have been posted and update afterwards. Thank you @hollap for helping with the issues.

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2017 11:11AM

@azuth01 said:

@wlagalvez said:

@hollap said:

Sorry for the late reply, had given up on the issue but plan to try Chavos solution today. O have had 3 phones on 2 sims on Crickets network. All hotspots work before update and stop working after. I will try the newer fixes that have been posted and update afterwards. Thank you @hollap for helping with the issues.

I'll bet $1 that if you paid for the "mobile hotspot" add-on on your Cricket plan, it would most likely work without doing anything special. And I am betting this is intended behavior.

edited December 13, 2017 12:17AM
2»