Applications are keep crashing

I have a ZTE SPro 2. I am using it almost 2 months. From the beginning all the applications (YouTube, Kodi, Video Player) are keep crashing. I have reset the system 5 times, upgraded firmware to latest version but nothing works. Still crashing all my application after a certain time.

Anyone can help me, how to fix it?

Thanks,

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you say crashing is it saying that is has to quit or that its quit ? or does it ask you to press wait or ok to close it ?

• When youtube crash then it shows an error message "Unfortunately YouTube stops" and Application close itself I only can hear audio sound. After that when I click OK on that message then audio also stop.

• I went through all of these process but still the same. YouTube and Kodi crash after a while

Is your model the Wifi only model or one of the carrier variants ?

• Wifi model. I did the factory reset but it didn't help

are you using a SD card?

• No. I am not using any SD card

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

​ Good Morning, Sorry you are having some issues with your Spro 2. Here is the number to contact ZTE Device Support: 877-817-1759. They may be able to help you a little quicker. I am sorry you have not had much luck finding the answers you need here. This community is still fairly new, and growing everyday, and we hope to get a lot more members interested in the Spro 2. I do hope you will stick around.

​ Sorry to bother you again, but I am curious,  does this crash happen directly after factory reset?..Or only after you have downloaded your favorite apps? Many times crashes such as this, happen due to one app. So I am wondering if it is possibly an app pre-installed, or if perhaps it is an app that is being downloaded that is causing a conflict. I may be able to walk you through putting the device into safe mode, to rule out downloaded apps. As safe mode only runs pre-installed apps.

• I did not install any new application yet. All are default application after factory reset. Only updated the google service to run Youtube.

​ Then I would definitely give ZTE Device Support: 877-817-1759 a call. They will be able to assist you much better than I can.  I'm sorry I am unable to help It definitely would be great if you could post back what they tell you though.

• Thank you for your advise. I'll check with ZTE support and update here accordingly.

​ so far the only time Ive had any issues with force closing is when I had a corrupted SD card that although was mounting didnt allow the device to read the info on is so everytime I went to load something that stored any data on the SD card it forced closed, I removed the SD card and went into each app and reset the data for the app and was able to get it to stop. Other than that my other suggestion would be if you have a computer, download the update file of zteusa.com for the SPRO2 firmware update and install direct from the file, if the issue is still there then you might need to send to ZTE for restore

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,951 admin

, I just wanted to check in with you and find out if you were able to resolve this matter with customer service.

Please feel free to reach out to myself or the community moderators.

• Hi Hasan, I've contacted with ZTE Support. They told me to bring SPro to their service center. I'll arrange time later this week.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,951 admin

Excellent! Let us know how everything works out.

​ I am so glad to hear that they are going to get it fixed up for you! I hope you stick around Z-community I am sure everyone would love to hear how you are liking your SPro2 and the ways you are using it. It is still such a relatively new product, and we would love to have someone with a little "user insight" here in the forum.

yea unfortunately it sounds like the internal memory may be corrupt, so they will likely need to replace for him. If a factory restore didnt solve the problem then theres only a few things that it could be. Although mine can be a bit laggy sometimes it doesnt usually have many force closes so its definitely not the software

​ once you get an update we would all definitely like to hear the outcome

• I did some testing and found when I use projector beam then the applications are keep crashing. But if I use inbuilt display then no issue. I watched a movie with out any problem.

Thats even more interesting, It shouldn't be a memory issue then if its working without the projector on. That is very strange

​ any updates ?