Battery life is not so good, what am I doing wrong?

trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 30, 2017 2:56PM in Quartz

Basically, if I don't turn the screen off on my Quartz I will get about 6-7 hours before it is almost dead.

My Quartz is on build NXH20F. Brightness is at full. Sound is on, as is vibrate. Bluetooth to connect to my phone is on. Wifi keeps coming up as turned on even after I have turned it off. Cellular was turned on even though I do not have T-mobile. Location for the device was turned on as well.

I have turned cellular and location off just now, and will turn off wifi when I leave the house. Any other ideas?

Best Answers

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Brightness at full is what is probably doing the most damage. I have my brightness at 2 most of the day and I get over 14 hours without issue. Definitely turning off cellular will help because depending on your signal that will chew through your battery. Those are the 2 biggest battery drains on a watch.

I know it can be hard to see outdoors with brightness so low. Google made the stupid decision to remove the triple tap of the crown for few seconds of max brightness in AW 2.0. That was a great feature they completely removed and made it so you could keep your brightness low for indoors and only increase it for a few seconds when you needed it.

My suggestion is to keep the brightness low and try to use the swipe down and increase it only when you need it outdoors. It's annoying and Google messed it up in AW 2.0, they built it specifically for the LG Watch Sport. Which has an ambient sensor and automatically adjusts the brightness, and said forget everyone else who doesn't have that.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

hi, @trotter

I agree what @jasone mentioned. I also set my brightness to 2 indoor and can last about a day of full charge. (I will double check once my watch is fully charged and set it to max brightness to see how long I can last).

Are you using stock watch face or custom watch face? some custom watch face drains battery faster than others. Try to use a different watch face to see if that helps.

Answers

Some faces do drain the watch more than others but no matter what face I use I've always had the watch last me over 14 hours even with cellular on. I've never used it at max brightness unless for a few seconds outdoors though.

Hey @trotter I set out to help solve this problem because it's hard for me to see the screen outdoors as well. I made a separate post hoping it would help others How to add a shortcut for max brightness to your ZTE Quartz. It's not the perfect solution but hopefully this helps you keep your brightness down and still use the watch outdoors. Let us know if your battery improves.

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone and @samsamha , both of you have helped me out immensely. I made the changes mentioned by both of you as well as what I deduced and it has made a world of difference. I just got in from a 23.5 hour workday (don't ask) and my Quartz still had not went into battery saving mode.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@trotter said:
    @jasone and @samsamha , both of you have helped me out immensely. I made the changes mentioned by both of you as well as what I deduced and it has made a world of difference. I just got in from a 23.5 hour workday (don't ask) and my Quartz still had not went into battery saving mode.

So glad to hear that.

Awesome but sucks about that long workday. At least the watch kept working with you ;)