Spro2 Makes it Big...Real Big

ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod
edited July 5, 2017 6:08PM in SPRO

So those that have followed along with my Spro2 posts over the last year know it is no secret, I love the Spro2. I have always thought that it went under everyone's radar, it's specs on paper are mediocre and it doesn't sit neatly into either category, tablet or projector. It's a smart projector, and while most will say they don't have a need, or even a want for this kind of device, trust me, once you get a hands on, you need and want one. I have repeatedly said this in my day to day world out here, as well as to members here that have shown a little interest, and they all have ended up with the Spro2 and are happy they did.
I have a 100in screen in my living-room (see my other posts) and for most this would be great, however the Spro2 is capable of so much more. It got me thinking that I could set up a screen outback in my yard, and why stop at 100". So I priced theater paint, inflatables, larger screens and still couldn't make up my mind. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but I also didn't want a tiny screen. Stay tuned to see what I came up with...

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have used my spro2. Outside on the side of my company truck, and what an impression we made.
    We used spro2 at an e-waste event, showing pictures of kids recycling.
    Thank you @ironbaybeedoll for all your great ideas.
    Let's us know how your outside adventure goes.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

@wings4annie I am actually working on it as I type (ok I'm slacking off a lil) The plan is to make use of the side of the workshop outback. We put up a 22ftx10 tarp and the Spro2 looks great on it, however there were wrinkles in the tarp. I want to watch a movie and not be counting wrinkles, so for this to be considered a success they gotta go. Currently using a hair drying, and basically shrink wrapping the side of the shop with the tarp. I will be posting pics hopefully tonight-tomorrow.

Wow! We have a Ryder truck 26 foot. I have a banner 22ft by 16ft. I think, it's big.
    I put spro2 facing the banner, back side it's heavy plastic, boy was it great.
    I do an e-waste on Saturday, I will take pictures. Naturally I have truck in shade.
    The kids really enjoy, seeing themselves.
    I'm really having fun with the spro2.
    Can hardly wait for your pictures.

These two pics show the first night. The tarp still has many wrinkles, and in day light you can clearly see it is silver.

These pics are day two. We have now spent hours using hair dryers on the tarp to basically shrink wrap the tarp to the side of the building, and it is working well. You can see there are still a few areas in the top right corner as well as across the bottom. Definitely making progress. I will post more pics showing another pic of the tarp in daylight as well as pics showing it completely wrinkle free tomorrow. The pics are not great, but I think they show the progress regardless. I am really excited, and it is definitely coming along much better than I had expected, and I think I have invested a total of $14. in this project.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great pictures!!!

The SPRO 2 is a create projector!!!!

Wow that looks great.
    You did a good job on your project.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow @ironbaybeedoll that is awesome. Time for movie night at your place, I'll bring the popcorn. Also, @wings4annie that's a really cool use for the Spro2 and cool how you can use it for so many things.

I have a question. Ok on Saturday I usually run a recycling cartoon on the truck.
    Ok you know my mind goes hundred miles an hour.
    I thought is there away to take pictures with my phone and send to spro2 to project on truck. So the kids and parents can see themself?
    I know I can take my SD card out and put in spro2. Any way over wifi? Or??

@wings4annie Honestly the easiest way if it is just a few pictures would be to email them to yourself and download them to the Spro2. There are probably better solutions, but that is the first that comes to mind. Give me a few minutes and I'll run in and check what other options might help you.

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    @wings4annie Honestly the easiest way if it is just a few pictures would be to email them to yourself and download them to the Spro2. There are probably better solutions, but that is the first that comes to mind. Give me a few minutes and I'll run in and check what other options might help you.

How about Google photo?

@wings4annie You can also depending on your phone, be able to cast from your phone to the Spro2. For example, say you play a slideshow on your phone, you can have it mirrored on the Spro2.

edited July 7, 2017 2:01PM

I have never mirrored anything.
    How do I do that?
    As you know I think outside the box.
    @ironbaybeedoll what if I use my ZTE device as security and view and record on spro2?
    That way the kids can see themself on the big screen!!!

@wings4annie For example, if you are using the Zmax Pro. Go to Settings>Display>Cast and slide it to the ON position on the phone (leave this screen up for now), On the Spro2 make sure you turn Projection on, and Casting is selected as your Source. On Zmax Pro you should now see the Spro2 listed, click on that and it should now connect. Anything you do on your phone should now also be on your projection screen.

Thanks I'm going to try this.
    Saturday is an e-waste event, I want to try this out.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is very cool!