Phone not waking up; lots of "Stock android has stopped working"; home button wonky

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy793 said:
    Just a heads up - this is no longer limited to Facebook. I installed an update to MacroDroid this morning and it caused the same problem. MacroDroid last release Sept. 21st.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid&hl=en

@tommy793, do you know how to boot to safe mode so you can uninstall?

• tommy793tommy793 charlottePosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Yea, I figured this all out a few weeks ago when it first showed up with Facebook. Just found this forum this afternoon to see if anyone else had problems with other apps.

@tommy793 said:
    Yea, I figured this all out a few weeks ago when it first showed up with Facebook. Just found this forum this afternoon to see if anyone else had problems with other apps.

Cool, just making sure you are at least in a usable situation again. Thanks!

• BralicBralic WashingtonPosts: 1 ✭✭

My wife's phone has been without facebook all this time, now it started doing it today while at her mother's house. I have an Axon 7 and she has a blade V8 pro. Seems like ZTE doesn't want people to buy their phones again. Updates are slow and this reboot loop is getting dumb. Guess we will just have to be like everyone else and go get a Samsung Galaxy. I saw someone else post about how it seems like ZTE hyped the V8 pro, then just ditched it, and that seems on par with the way its going. ZTE get your **** together and fix our phones!

• stoy75stoy75 Tampa FLPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I posted on ZTE's Facebook page a warning to people not to buy the phone if they like using facebook....... And they blocked me. LOL

edited September 28, 2017 7:49PM

@Bralic said:
    My wife's phone has been without facebook all this time, now it started doing it today while at her mother's house. I have an Axon 7 and she has a blade V8 pro. Seems like ZTE doesn't want people to buy their phones again. Updates are slow and this reboot loop is getting dumb. Guess we will just have to be like everyone else and go get a Samsung Galaxy. I saw someone else post about how it seems like ZTE hyped the V8 pro, then just ditched it, and that seems on par with the way its going. ZTE get your **** together and fix our phones!

Any idea what may be causing it @Bralic ? What apps were recently updated? Can you attempt to put the phone into safe mode to rule out apps one by one?

• dv.dv. Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 10:53AM

@georgian99 said:
    By the way I talked with an agent regarding the issue yesterday and he said Facebook is working on it and as you already knew, there is no eta. I asked about the new an> @stoy75 said:
    So I posted on ZTE's Facebook page a warning to people not to buy the phone if they like using facebook....... And they blocked me. LOL

LOL... that's too funny.

I really wish ZTE can at least provide its customers on software update progress regarding the current situation....or are they doing anything at all than waiting from Facebook?

Blade V8 Pro is a great phone (hardware wise) with lots of potential, but it is falling short (software/support wise)

I am sure more apps would cost similar issues in the future, maybe time to consider Android Nougat or Oreo? (hoping)

• Bruno020717Bruno020717 USAPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone I sent a email to ZTE asking also what they were doing for everyone who have the Blade V8 phone issue with facebook and below is there response.

Dear valued ZTE customer
    Thanks for contacting us, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We kindly request you to uninstall facebook through safe mode below are the steps on how to do it.

When the device powered off:

-Press and hold the Power key.

-Once the device boots, release the Power key.

-When you see the Blade V8 Pro logo past the ZTE logo screen, press and hold the Volume Down key.

-Continue holding Volume Down while the device powers on.

NOTE: Once the device is fully powered up, you should see the words Safe Mode in the lower left corner of the screen.

-Go into the Google Play Store and search for the Facebook app, then uninstall the app.

Warning: Do not update the Facebook App via the Google Play Store afterward. This will cause the same issue.

Kindly download the Facebook APK for the old version as below link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ykm2Eg8unsdW9HREhUdEJfYVU/view?usp=sharing

Also we request you to disable auto update in Play Store:

To ensure proper handling, please continue to use the current subject line & reply with previous emails.

Should there be any further assistance required, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

• DoinkDoink Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

ZTE's response is beyond horrible. It boils down to their phone can't use one of, if not the, most popular apps available and please use this untrusted APK.

I am so glad I returned this phone.

• ZTE rolled at a software update last night that was labeled as a fix for the Facebook app. When I went to the market to download the app. It is no longer visible. So the "fix" was to make the app not appear in the market for this phone? The good news is that we now have October google security updates.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,021 admin

@Sam25va here is a stable build of facebook that you can download to get it back on your device

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ykm2Eg8unsdW9HREhUdEJfYVU/view?usp=sharing

@jimlloyd40 said:

It is a temporary problem.

When it's 3 weeks later, it's not temporary.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Temporary is not permanent. I don't know how to define a length of time for "temporary" but it's not permanent.

Tell you what... when they fix it, it was a temporary glitch. Until then, it's ZTE's screwup that has no estimated fix date. Until then, I think we can both agree that the company looks really, really bad right now.

• adammckayadammckay Harrisburg, PAPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well - Good news... I just received a security update to my phone to fix the Facebook bug. It is installing now. I feel vindicated with regards to my earlier comments about ZTE fixing the bug that causes their phone to brick. I'm gonna guess that the negative reviews on Amazon may have helped the situation move along.

... aaand maybe some not so good news...

The update installed and my phone is fine. (I rebooted once to verify that yes it reboots without going into brick mode.) However - as of this writing, the Facebook app is no longer compatible with the phone. So I can't install it at all. Now before anyone gets upset - I'm sure that this might take a little while - I wouldn't expect instantaneous. The fact that we got an update to this phone at all is a miracle.

• KfaldeKfalde Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Well on a good note both phones got the update. The blueborne Bluetooth vulnerability has been patched so no longer open to remote compromise on that front. The Facebook app no longer available in the store however I think this is a matter of Facebook allowing it again for this device so maybe some reviews there or something or ZTE letting Facebook know they've fixed the issue? Ordered 2 Moto g5s plus devices but may have to cancel them if they can get the FB thing figured out on here.

• KfaldeKfalde Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Sent off an email to [email protected] asking them to re-enable this device in their supported list.

• KippKipp WashingtonPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

I got the new build last night (Saturday) as well. I'm not sure which version was updated so here is what mine says in "About phone":

Android Version: 6.0.1
    Baseband Version: 8953_GEN_PACK-1.82698.1.83731.1
    Kernel version: 3.18.24
    Build number: Z978V1.0.0B20
    Build time: Wed Sep 27 17:25:23 CST 2017

• Sam25vaSam25va VAPosts: 2 ✭✭

Facebook is now visible in the play store and working.

@Sam25va said:
    Facebook is now visible in the play store and working.

I second that. I installed Facebook, opened it, verified that it works, and successfully restarted the phone without bricking it! Time to go back to complaining about no Android N or O or whatever.

Nice to see Facebook and ZTE working to fix this issue. Not as quick as we would like, but fixed nonetheless. Kudos to ZTE for fixing the issue and bringing Blueborne fix through September Security Patch not only to Blade V8 Pro but also the Axon 7 Mini.

edited October 6, 2017 9:40AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    Nice to see Facebook and ZTE working to fix this issue. Not as quick as we would like, but fixed nonetheless. Kudos to ZTE for fixing the issue and bringing Blueborne fix through September Security Patch not only to Blade V8 Pro but also the Axon 7 Mini.

How about a little love for the Axon 7? Although I'm not too concerned with the Blueborne virus.

Patience :) The other two got the love because of Facebook.