Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

AR Consumer Research Survey

sshasansshasan Z-Community ModeratorNew YorkPosts: 2,893 admin

Hello,

You are invited to participate in our research for new smartphone study. In this survey, you will be asked to complete a survey that asks questions about your experience with cell phones and opinions about a new technology. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire. This survey will be closed by 7/15/2017 at 12:00AM CDT.

As token of our appreciation, every 10th participant will receive a $50 gift card.

Please start the survey by clicking on the link: http://arstudy.surveyanalytics.com

Thank you very much for your time and support.

If you have any questions regarding the survey, please feel free to contact us at ConsumerLab@zteusa.com

Regards,
ZTE Consumer Lab Team

Comments

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams ATXPosts: 331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2017 11:28PM

Done. Thanks.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done and now my imagination is running rampant! I hope that this survey is for a device that's not the Axon 8. Not because I wouldn't like the features but because that means the A8 isn't coming soon.

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Completed.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Done and now my imagination is running rampant! I hope that this survey is for a device that's not the Axon 8. Not because I wouldn't like the features but because that means the A8 isn't coming soon.

Me too

completed

• trottertrotter Tennessee, USAPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently since I use a pre-paid plan my opinion is not worth the effort. It's not like I actually paid full price and bought my phone outright or anything...

@trotter said:
    Apparently since I use a pre-paid plan my opinion is not worth the effort. It's not like I actually paid full price and bought my phone outright or anything...

@trotter I don't get it.

• trottertrotter Tennessee, USAPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@trotter said:

@trotter I don't get it.

When I answered the question about if I used a pre-paid or post-paid phone plane I was told that they didn't need my input and the survey was ended for me. Not a huge deal but irksome nonetheless.

@trotter said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@trotter said:

@trotter I don't get it.

When I answered the question about if I used a pre-paid or post-paid phone plane I was told that they didn't need my input and the survey was ended for me. Not a huge deal but irksome nonetheless.

I don't doubt that you're serious but I can't see why it would matter. You could have no plan and only use the phone on wifi and your opinion is just as valuable as anyone 's.
    @sshasan Do you know anything about this?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 2,893 admin

@jimlloyd40 I don't think that is the exact statement that's provided but users can reach out to the consumer lab team at ConsumerLab@zteusa.com

@sshasan said:
    @jimlloyd40 I don't think that is the exact statement that's provided but users can reach out to the consumer lab team at ConsumerLab@zteusa.com

Thanks for the information @sshasan.

@trotter Did you see that? I'm with you by the way. The type of plan that you have is irrelevant. I would feel slighted also.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done.

• chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Completed.

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yup I selected prepaid as well and I don't meet the requirements. It's ok, but if you ever want the feedback or opinions of us prepaid users I'm around ;)

@jasone said:
    Yup I selected prepaid as well and I don't meet the requirements. It's ok, but if you ever want the feedback or opinions of us prepaid users I'm around ;)

That makes no sense whatsoever. Prepaid users opinions are just as important as postpaid. I would feel slighted just like @trotter did. ZTE owes an explanation for that logic.
    If anyone hasn't taken the survey just lie when that question comes up if you want to vote for your preferences. The survey should have said upfront for postpaid people only instead of wasting people's time.

Doesn't make sense to me either but no biggie, it's not worth lying to give feedback for me. I don't care much about the incentive I just like to give feedback. I'm around if they want my input and they know how to get in contact if they really want it. I was interested in the subject of AR though seeing how I've used the Lenovo Phab 2 Pro and I've actually used augmented reality apps before.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,135 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey Completed!! I have 2 phone lines on 2 different carriers.... Can I do the survey twice..... LoL

@jasone said:
    Doesn't make sense to me either but no biggie, it's not worth lying to give feedback for me. I don't care much about the incentive I just like to give feedback. I'm around if they want my input and they know how to get in contact if they really want it. I was interested in the subject of AR though seeing how I've used the Lenovo Phab 2 Pro and I've actually used augmented reality apps before.

What incentive? Is that Lenovo as good as the reviews that I read?

@jimlloyd40 said:

It says there is a gift card but I'm more interested in giving my feedback than that.

The Phab 2 Pro is a very decent phone. Performance was good and battery life was amazing unless using the AR function, where all that processing and the screen chews through the battery. If you just use it as a phone the battery lasts a long time.

The display though was a bit meh. I mean it's QHD LCD and it's plenty sharp but I found the color and contrast a bit lacking. The AR apps can seem a bit jerky and I was never quite sure if they would be smoother with say a SD 8xx series chip or if it's just the app itself. Performance overall was solid though.

My biggest complaint was the size. It's great for AR apps but for carrying around in your pocket and daily use 6.4 inches is just way too big for me. In the end I found it fun for using just for AR but not as a daily driver.

@jasone said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

It says there is a gift card but I'm more interested in giving my feedback than that.

The Phab 2 Pro is a very decent phone. Performance was good and battery life was amazing unless using the AR function, where all that processing and the screen chews through the battery. If you just use it as a phone the battery lasts a long time.

The display though was a bit meh. I mean it's QHD LCD and it's plenty sharp but I found the color and contrast a bit lacking. The AR apps can seem a bit jerky and I was never quite sure if they would be smoother with say a SD 8xx series chip or if it's just the app itself. Performance overall was solid though.

My biggest complaint was the size. It's great for AR apps but for carrying around in your pocket and daily use 6.4 inches is just way too big for me. In the end I found it fun for using just for AR but not as a daily driver.

Thanks. That's an excellent brief review.
    I forgot about the potential gift card prize. I never win anything so I ignored that.

@jimlloyd40 said:

I forgot about the potential gift card prize. I never win anything so I ignored that.

You can check out the video review I did of it here if you like for a more in depth look.

@jasone Fantastic video. Very professional. Thank you.

• Good Afternoon Guys. I have been taking surveys for many years on several sites, I also use prepaid, and my opinion was not needed for this specific survey. These surveys are setup to gain insight from a very specific group, and many times what we would deem as being excluded is actually a very usual tool for them to weed out an area that they hold no interest. I attempt anywhere from 10-25 surveys in a day and only qualify for 7-18. I have been disqualified from reasons ranging from being female, age, race, even the state I live in. It all depends on what information they are trying to pull. In this case, it would make no sense to have both prepaid, and post paid user complete a survey for a device or service that requires a post paid account. Why waste their time sorting through results that have no impact on their project. Please don't feel slighted, it is just a common way surveys are done.

edited July 9, 2017 1:25PM

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @jasone Fantastic video. Very professional. Thank you.

Thanks Jim I work hard on them ;)

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    Good Afternoon Guys. I have been taking surveys for many years on several sites, I also use prepaid, and my opinion was not needed for this specific survey. These surveys are setup to gain insight from a very specific group, and many times what we would deem as being excluded is actually a very usual tool for them to weed out an area that they hold no interest. I attempt anywhere from 10-25 surveys in a day and only qualify for 7-18. I have been disqualified from reasons ranging from being female, age, race, even the state I live in. It all depends on what information they are trying to pull. In this case, it would make no sense to have both prepaid, and post paid user complete a survey for a device or service that requires a post paid account. Why waste their time sorting through results that have no impact on their project. Please don't feel slighted, it is just a common way surveys are done.

I didn't see anything in the survey description that said it was for a device that will only work with postpaid service. The very first question should have been about that with an explanation as to why it was for postpaid only. Actually it should have said that it's only for postpaid service before a person clicked to start the survey. I have a postpaid account so I completed the survey but I still would have felt slighted without the qualifier. They wasted some people's time getting that far before being kicked out of the survey.

@jasone said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You can check out the video review I did of it here if you like for a more in depth look.

Nice video Jason?

@dnewman007 said:

Nice video Jason?

• saeedtedsaeedted TexasPosts: 557 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Nice review! I liked that AR of the crater in the ground.

Personally I never cared much for AR it always seemed like a gimmick when Sony brought it to the mainstream for their camera app. But the whole shopping and modeling aspect looks useful. Tango might be more fitting in a tablet if the phone has to be large to incorporate the sensor.

Thanks @saeedted I think AR is still in it's infancy. It's a fun toy but the apps are more proof of concept right now than useful. I'm sure as time goes on and phones get even more powerful it's going to become more useful and more fun.

The goal eventually will probably be to shrink it down and put it into something like Google Glass. Where you can see things pop up in your surroundings. You know for more interactive ads, cause we all need a nice virtual woman standing there in the grocery telling us which bag of chips to buy haha.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey complete. I'm not ready to run out and get a device with AR. It's too early in my opinion. I don't like phablets, which this device would most likely have to be. I'm also not ready to plunk down 700 or 800 for a phone. It's just not worth it to me. Thanks for the opportunity for the survey!