Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We are currently not recruiting at this time for any new projects.


Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

New Beta Opportunity [Closed]

2

Comments

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    I don't know the costs associated with that device but I saw AT&T advertising it and unless you're already with AT&T it's dead in the water. Three years ago I bought a small device called the Obi 100 and got a Google Voice phone number and make calls anywhere in the US for free. I just use an old cordless phone and only use it for outgoing calls. Except for the $40 one time purchase of the Obi 100 box it's totally free.

    That is interesting. Do you ever use it to make calls? Seems like most cell phone have unlimited calling so I'm not sure what you need it for.
    :smile:

    @dnewman007 I do use it everyday for outgoing calls only. It's more comfortable to hold then a smartphone and I don't muck up my smartphone screen. And being the battery saving fanatic that I am I'm not using my smartphone battery.

    If you start doing too many alternate things so you don't have to use your smartphone battery pretty soon you won't even need one. :D Then you can sell me your u11 on the cheap!

    I'll sell it to you just not on the cheap. Then I can get the solar red model that wasn't available when it was released.

    Sorry. At this moment I currently have nearly $1,000 tied up in two phones and I don't have either one in my possession! Still waiting on a refund of $480 for my OnePlus 5, which is being delivered today so hopefully I'll have my money back by Monday, then I'm waiting on my s8 that cost me $595 to be shipped, it should ship July 14th. So yeah, if it's not on the cheap I'm out. Lol

    What's taking so long for whoever to ship out your S8?

    They were out of their office until July 13th, said they would ship it first thing on the 14th priority with signature required. So I won't have it until around the 17th or so.

    If Samsung would add some speakers to the S8 that phone would be extremely hard for me to pass up.

    Yeah, I don't think the speaker is a strong point with the S8. It's got about everything else though.

    It sure does. It's the screen that impressed me the most. When I look at the screen on the U11 it looks very nice but when I was at T-MO checking out the S8 the S8 was superior side by side compared to the U11.

    Yeah, the screen on the s8 is the best there is

    The screen on the S8+ is absolutely amazing. Sammy also give you lots of control to change the temp. range ect.

    With Samsung improving the UI the only thing left is the speaker.

    You need to tell Sammy to improve their speaker then. Get on em'!

    It's you and @dnewman007 that need to get on them you guys are the S8 owner and near owner.

    LOL, I hear you. I am just testing it at this point :smiley:

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    I don't know the costs associated with that device but I saw AT&T advertising it and unless you're already with AT&T it's dead in the water. Three years ago I bought a small device called the Obi 100 and got a Google Voice phone number and make calls anywhere in the US for free. I just use an old cordless phone and only use it for outgoing calls. Except for the $40 one time purchase of the Obi 100 box it's totally free.

    That is interesting. Do you ever use it to make calls? Seems like most cell phone have unlimited calling so I'm not sure what you need it for.
    :smile:

    @dnewman007 I do use it everyday for outgoing calls only. It's more comfortable to hold then a smartphone and I don't muck up my smartphone screen. And being the battery saving fanatic that I am I'm not using my smartphone battery.

    If you start doing too many alternate things so you don't have to use your smartphone battery pretty soon you won't even need one. :D Then you can sell me your u11 on the cheap!

    I'll sell it to you just not on the cheap. Then I can get the solar red model that wasn't available when it was released.

    Sorry. At this moment I currently have nearly $1,000 tied up in two phones and I don't have either one in my possession! Still waiting on a refund of $480 for my OnePlus 5, which is being delivered today so hopefully I'll have my money back by Monday, then I'm waiting on my s8 that cost me $595 to be shipped, it should ship July 14th. So yeah, if it's not on the cheap I'm out. Lol

    What's taking so long for whoever to ship out your S8?

    They were out of their office until July 13th, said they would ship it first thing on the 14th priority with signature required. So I won't have it until around the 17th or so.

    If Samsung would add some speakers to the S8 that phone would be extremely hard for me to pass up.

    Yeah, I don't think the speaker is a strong point with the S8. It's got about everything else though.

    It sure does. It's the screen that impressed me the most. When I look at the screen on the U11 it looks very nice but when I was at T-MO checking out the S8 the S8 was superior side by side compared to the U11.

    Yeah, the screen on the s8 is the best there is

    The screen on the S8+ is absolutely amazing. Sammy also give you lots of control to change the temp. range ect.

    With Samsung improving the UI the only thing left is the speaker.

    You need to tell Sammy to improve their speaker then. Get on em'!

    It's you and @dnewman007 that need to get on them you guys are the S8 owner and near owner.

    LOL, I hear you. I am just testing it at this point :smiley:

    You're happy so far right?

    Yes, Very smooth, fast, great camera, Love the theme store (black setup throughout), great battery life, Feels good in hand, lots and lots of different settings and controls, and the screen best I have had, love the new screen ratio. Hard to find much wrong with it. Well the speaker is not good compared to the A7. I am not crazy about the all glass build because it is easy to damage. I put a slim Samsung case on it with a tempered glass screen protector so I would not damage it. Because of the size of the phone it still feels ok in hand with the case. Normally I hate cases. I'm still getting to know the device.

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2017 3:55PM

    @westside80 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    I don't know the costs associated with that device but I saw AT&T advertising it and unless you're already with AT&T it's dead in the water. Three years ago I bought a small device called the Obi 100 and got a Google Voice phone number and make calls anywhere in the US for free. I just use an old cordless phone and only use it for outgoing calls. Except for the $40 one time purchase of the Obi 100 box it's totally free.

    That is interesting. Do you ever use it to make calls? Seems like most cell phone have unlimited calling so I'm not sure what you need it for.
    :smile:

    @dnewman007 I do use it everyday for outgoing calls only. It's more comfortable to hold then a smartphone and I don't muck up my smartphone screen. And being the battery saving fanatic that I am I'm not using my smartphone battery.

    If you start doing too many alternate things so you don't have to use your smartphone battery pretty soon you won't even need one. :D Then you can sell me your u11 on the cheap!

    I'll sell it to you just not on the cheap. Then I can get the solar red model that wasn't available when it was released.

    Sorry. At this moment I currently have nearly $1,000 tied up in two phones and I don't have either one in my possession! Still waiting on a refund of $480 for my OnePlus 5, which is being delivered today so hopefully I'll have my money back by Monday, then I'm waiting on my s8 that cost me $595 to be shipped, it should ship July 14th. So yeah, if it's not on the cheap I'm out. Lol

    What's taking so long for whoever to ship out your S8?

    They were out of their office until July 13th, said they would ship it first thing on the 14th priority with signature required. So I won't have it until around the 17th or so.

    If Samsung would add some speakers to the S8 that phone would be extremely hard for me to pass up.

    Yeah, I don't think the speaker is a strong point with the S8. It's got about everything else though.

    It sure does. It's the screen that impressed me the most. When I look at the screen on the U11 it looks very nice but when I was at T-MO checking out the S8 the S8 was superior side by side compared to the U11.

    Yeah, the screen on the s8 is the best there is

    The screen on the S8+ is absolutely amazing. Sammy also give you lots of control to change the temp. range ect.

    With Samsung improving the UI the only thing left is the speaker.

    You need to tell Sammy to improve their speaker then. Get on em'!

    It's you and @dnewman007 that need to get on them you guys are the S8 owner and near owner.

    LOL, I hear you. I am just testing it at this point :smiley:

    You're happy so far right?

    Yes, Very smooth, fast, great camera, Love the theme store (black setup throughout), great battery life, Feels good in hand, lots and lots of different settings and controls, and the screen best I have had, love the new screen ratio. Hard to find much wrong with it. Well the speaker is not good compared to the A7. I am not crazy about the all glass build because it is easy to damage. I put a slim Samsung case on it with a tempered glass screen protector so I would not damage it. Because of the size of the phone it still feels ok in hand with the case. Normally I hate cases. I'm still getting to know the device.

    Which protector did you get? Can you post a link? Which case? I'm looking forward to that theme store. I know how good is it too have that option. My Honor 8 is the same way. My Honor 8 actually looks like a Samsung now as far as UI goes. You can also change the font system wide, in apps and all. Some great theming options on EMUI.

    magicmoon protector and Samsung protective case. The case has very little protection. It adds no bulk to the phone. Really just protects it from scratches and bumps. It was on sale for $9.99. The screen protector is ok. I just wanted to protect it from scratches for resale. Hope this helps you. Both bought from Amazon, where else.
    :smile:

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2017 11:07AM

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry about that @monger80 your thread did get highjacked. With regards to the subject matter I don't think there's much hope for a lot of success with that device because there are alternatives that are free. Well free after purchasing a $40 box. But usage is free thereafter. Plus you would need an AT&T account.

    You'd be surprised how many units ATT sales on such unit. We won't make 2nd gen if it didn't do well.

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2017 11:14AM

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry, @monger80 did not mean to do that.

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dnewman007 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry, @monger80 did not mean to do that.

    For hijacking my post, you guys need to find more users for me.....

  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Unfortunately US Cellular and Verizon are mobile kings in my neck of the woods. There are quite a few AT&T users, but none that I know.

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    @monger80 How much does it cost to use it?

    Free, the sim will be provided.

  • freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I have no at&t service but if sim is provided, I'll try it

  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @monger80 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry, @monger80 did not mean to do that.

    For hijacking my post, you guys need to find more users for me.....

    @westside80 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry about that @monger80. I honestly forgot which thread this was. I'm having a tough time getting used to this new site. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

    Off subject but if any of you guys pray I could use them about now. Just got back from another custody hearing and I don't know what the outcome of it will be. I hope I don't lose my daughter. Her mom is moving to Hawaii and is wanting to take our daughter with her. The judge we had today don't even have kids and called this the case from Hell and said he didn't know what he was going to do about it. So any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.

    My prayers are with you buddy :smile:

  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @westside80 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @monger80 said:

    @dnewman007 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry, @monger80 did not mean to do that.

    For hijacking my post, you guys need to find more users for me.....

    @westside80 said:

    @westside80 said:

    @monger80 said:
    I post a new beta and you guys talk about other devices.....sigh.......

    Sorry about that @monger80. I honestly forgot which thread this was. I'm having a tough time getting used to this new site. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

    Off subject but if any of you guys pray I could use them about now. Just got back from another custody hearing and I don't know what the outcome of it will be. I hope I don't lose my daughter. Her mom is moving to Hawaii and is wanting to take our daughter with her. The judge we had today don't even have kids and called this the case from Hell and said he didn't know what he was going to do about it. So any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.

    My prayers are with you buddy :smile:

    Thanks. I'll need them because we sure didn't have much of a judge. Get this, the judge said that it bothered him that a mixed child was being raised predominately white. Can you believe that? I just don't have a good feeling about the outcome. The judge was very unprofessional and garbage. What kind of judge says those things?

    You got all my prayers too man! Good luck!

  • coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @westside80 my prayers goes out to you.

2
This discussion has been closed.