Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We are currently not recruiting at this time for any new projects.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

New Beta Opportunity [Closed]

13»

Comments

• monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things go your way, however, in most cases, men don't win on child custody unless you can give a very good defense. Generally speaking, people think the child needs the mom more than they need dad.
    Either way, I'm not a religious but I certainly hope for the best for you.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monger80 I am open a e-waste division in Santa Ana. I am going to put a land line in there. If you would like I can put your beta test there. Please just message me with requirements. We get 30 to 40 calls a day.
    Thanks

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@musicdjm said:
    I'd be interested in trying something like this out to use as a base station for my mobile service with Google Voice to integrate all my phone numbers into one, currently since I jump from device to device with my different services (currently 3 providers)it would allow my main line to act as the home number that then forwards to my phones if I dont answer. Also provides secondary networking for cell Wi-Fi which in my area is much better than my home connection.

Something like DIGITS from T-Mobile?

@samsamha said:
    I do have landline too. I guess I am just old school like that:)

I hardly using it but still kept the number and the line for faxing. I do have to say despite old technology, you still cannot beat landline when comes to clear calls as voip and cellular calls is too network dependent:)

I have near-perfect wifi calling and VoLTE with my CellSpot Router and for faxing...FilesAnywhere, is free for light use and way faster.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

I hardly using it but still kept the number and the line for faxing. I do have to say despite old technology, you still cannot beat landline when comes to clear calls as voip and cellular calls is too network dependent:)

I have near-perfect wifi calling and VoLTE with my CellSpot Router and for faxing...FilesAnywhere, is free for light use and way faster.

That Cell Spot is a great device.

Unfortunately it's worth nothing when your ISP is unreliable.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

I got Cell Spot because my download speeds at home only averaged around 4 Mbps. Now I get 30 Mbps.

I have an Asus cell spot router. I don't have a cell spot booster.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

I got Cell Spot because my download speeds at home only averaged around 4 Mbps. Now I get 30 Mbps.

Sounds like we're talking about two different things. The Cell Spot I'm talking about is actually a miniature cellular tower that T-Mobile provides for a $25 refundable deposit. It's free to use.

Mine was free no deposit. It uses the cable ISP for wifi calls and such. Also a wireless router. $200 rig no cost or deposit.

I thought about getting a cell spot booster like you have but only if I can't get my ISP to become more reliable. If I had no signal at all but had a high-speed Internet access I could get the cell spot mini tower.

One uses your ISP and acts as a router.
    One acts like a mini tower but uses your ISP much like the Verizon broadband extender. The other is a booster which takes the signal from outside input sit inside and you don't need Internet access for that.

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

Sounds like we're talking about two different things. The Cell Spot I'm talking about is actually a miniature cellular tower that T-Mobile provides for a $25 refundable deposit. It's free to use.

Mine was free no deposit. It uses the cable ISP for wifi calls and such. Also a wireless router. $200 rig no cost or deposit.

I thought about getting a cell spot booster like you have but only if I can't get my ISP to become more reliable. If I had no signal at all but had a high-speed Internet access I could get the cell spot mini tower.

One acts like a mini tower but uses your ISP much like the Verizon broadband extender. The other is a booster which takes the signal from outside input sit inside and you don't need Internet access for that.

That sounds like the T-Mobile set upthey gave me to use. It works great. I would gladly test a different device for ZTE if they need more testers.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

The T-Mobile Cell Spot that I have isn't a booster. It's an actual cellular tower. So for instance if my neighbor has T-Mobile they would be connecting to my tower since it's the strongest signal in the area.

Yeah, you have to have high speed cable internet to use that...given my ISP issues, that would never work.

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

The T-Mobile Cell Spot that I have isn't a booster. It's an actual cellular tower. So for instance if my neighbor has T-Mobile they would be connecting to my tower since it's the strongest signal in the area.

Yeah, you have to have high speed cable internet to use that...given my ISP issues, that would never work.

I remember using the Verizon 3G extender that plugged into the modem. That thing was a mess. This cellspot router works great since it gives you T-Mobile service and a router all in one. Having the cellspot and a separate router would be pretty involved. But I'm still thinking about ditching my cable and going 100% cellular. I have about 3-4 bars inside. 4-5 outside. The booster would be my go to if I did ditch cable. But using a phone as a hotspot prevents me from using the phone for surfing. Basically I'd have to leave it plugged in all the time.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

When I setup the Cell Spot it didn't say anything about high speed cable. I just have DSL through Century Link that isn't high speed.

I should've said you have to have an Internet service provider to use that equipment. DSL is still considered high speed though it isnt when you compare it to cable.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24281

@wings4annie and @celblazer you guys didn't give me your email address on the application form, so here is the participation agreement page.

https://goo.gl/forms/VyZX6pgBr81nQAI22

For those who gave me the correct email addresses, you'll get a short email from me with the link.

@monger80 said:
    @wings4annie and @celblazer you guys didn't give me your email address on the application form, so here is the participation agreement page.

For those who gave me the correct email addresses, you'll get a short email from me with the link.

Please include state and zip on the address so that I know where to send the device to.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@samsamha said:

When I setup the Cell Spot it didn't say anything about high speed cable. I just have DSL through Century Link that isn't high speed.

I should've said you have to have an Internet service provider to use that equipment. DSL is still considered high speed though it isnt when you compare it to cable.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24281

You mean that you don't have home internet?

I have home internet yes.

@monger80 said:

@chuckbort, @wings4annie @nthall350 @seachess, @munchy @chaz187 please tell me the state and zip so that I send the device to the correct address.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monger80 I sent you a message with my information.

• cbkittcbkitt AZPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

I have near-perfect wifi calling and VoLTE with my CellSpot Router.

13»
This discussion has been closed.