Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 Mini not connecting to HSPA+ (freedom mobile Canada ) after update

barnamahbarnamah Posts: 6
edited July 14, 2017 3:39PM in Axon

Hi,
Today after updating my newly purchased phone, it is dead. The new version is ZTE B2017G_SUAV1.20B12 (MiFavor 4.2)
Please help me or send me a link to older ROM.
I searched for cellular networks and it doesn't see my network and shows other networks.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@barnamah said:
    Hi,
    Today after updating my newly purchased phone, it is dead. The new version is ZTE B2017G_SUAV1.20B12 (MiFavor 4.2)
    Please help me or send me a link to older ROM.
    I searched for cellular networks and it doesn't see my network and shows other networks.

Have you removed the SIM card and reinstalled? I honestly don't understand why it wouldn't recognize the SIM card. Assuming your SIM card is in SIM slot 1 do you have that slot selected in the settings?

• barnamahbarnamah Posts: 6
    edited July 14, 2017 11:50AM

Yes I did reboot and installed and removed SIM card multiple times. IT is just wind mobile HSPA+ band that doesn't work.
    It just shows Roaming.
    I found this firmware http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=6CCC18CC9451416C8A01BED5174B5762#software
    and put it on microSd but the phone doesn't recognize or allow me to update the phone.

@barnamah said:
    Yes I did reboot and installed and removed SIM card multiple times. IT is just wind mobile HSPA+ band that doesn't work.
    It just shows Roaming.
    I found this firmware http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=6CCC18CC9451416C8A01BED5174B5762#software
    and put it on microSd but the phone doesn't recognize or allow me to update the phone.

What do you mean "and put it on microSd"?

• isn't it to put the zip file on micoSD card and go to Settings ->System Updates and it searches the micro SD card and online please see the image

@barnamah said:
    isn't it to put the zip file on micoSD card and go to Settings ->System Updates and it searches the micro SD card and online please see the image

I don't think that the Mini has had any updates that require downloading it to the SD card. They've all been straight up OTA updates.

So is the phone dead as you said or does it just not receive Wind Mobile HSPA +?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would try a factory rest before attempting to do anything with loading different firmware.

• barnamahbarnamah Posts: 6
    edited July 14, 2017 2:43PM

I did factory reset. the same issue it shows "away". The new update was 2GB and it has changed the main restore file as well. I don't want to return it. this is amazing phone with the features and price.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    So is the phone dead as you said or does it just not receive Wind Mobile HSPA +?

It shows shows "away".and doesn't connect HSPA+. when I search for cellular networks, it shows many networks except mine (Freedom Mobile/wind).

@barnamah, the last few pages of this thread have some discussion going on about the mini and it's use on carriers in Canada. Not sure if this affects you or not, especially if your carrier is using Band 66?

https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/23680/software-update-axon-7-mini-b2017g-now-on-nougat-7-1-1-build-b12/p5

@hollap said:
    @barnamah, the last few pages of this thread have some discussion going on about the mini and it's use on carriers in Canada. Not sure if this affects you or not, especially if your carrier is using Band 66?

https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/23680/software-update-axon-7-mini-b2017g-now-on-nougat-7-1-1-build-b12/p5

I would check that as @hollap suggested but I would also go to a carrier store and have them set your APN.

• APN is for internet service. I need to have phone just call and SMS. My sim card is not registered. Once the phone is registered, then it would be easy to get internet.
    Please view the networks it displays.

@barnamah said:
    APN is for internet service. I need to have phone just call and SMS. My sim card is not registered. Once the phone is registered, then it would be easy to get internet.

I would contact Wind Mobile, or as @jimlloyd40 mentioned a better idea is to go to a wind mobile store.

@barnamah said:
    APN is for internet service. I need to have phone just call and SMS. My sim card is not registered. Once the phone is registered, then it would be easy to get internet.

@barnamah APN stands for Access Point Name. It's not only for internet access, as you said, it's for your connection to your carrier so that you can make calls and send texts also.
    You can get the internet with just a wifi connection.

• Hi @jimlloyd40 APN is for Internet. I have tested on other phones. Without any APN setting the phone was able to make call and send/receive SMS. But and I just went to Freedom Mobile store and they confirmed that yes APN is for accessing internet only.

@barnamah said:
    Hi @jimlloyd40 APN is for Internet. I have tested on other phones. Without any APN setting the phone was able to make call and send/receive SMS. But and I just went to Freedom Mobile store and they confirmed that yes APN is for accessing internet only.

So was Freedom able to assist you then?

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,603 mod
    edited July 17, 2017 2:32PM

@barnamah said:
    Hi @jimlloyd40 APN is for Internet. I have tested on other phones. Without any APN setting the phone was able to make call and send/receive SMS. But and I just went to Freedom Mobile store and they confirmed that yes APN is for accessing internet only.

The person you spoke to was incorrect, APN is required for all data streams including MMS as well.