Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Touchpal Keyboard issue: location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar

monosabiomonosabio Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi, today I've noticed that when Touchpal Keyboard is enabled as default keyboard, the location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar.
When I create an event and search a location in the textbox, it will be automatically converted to Chinese.

Is there a way to fix this ?
Thanks !

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio said:
    Hi, today I've noticed that when Touchpal Keyboard is enabled as default keyboard, the location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar.
    When I create an event and search a location in the textbox, it will be automatically converted to Chinese.

Is there a way to fix this ?
    Thanks !

I've never used that keyboard but did you check the settings?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio , I just checked and it is correct that it seems that the app will show the location information as Chinese. Since the keyboard is part of the system file, i think this would require modification in the system file as I do not see an option to change that in the app. Hopefully some other genius in our forum will have an idea how to change that. In the meantime, i would suggest that maybe just download third party keyboard like Gboard or swiftkey and set that as default.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 281 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can't find a setting to change then try Swiftkey. I had to switch to it after my "upgrade" to Nougat since my old keyboard would not work anymore. I actually have learned to like Swiftkey.

@ram1220 said:
    If you can't find a setting to change then try Swiftkey. I had to switch to it after my "upgrade" to Nougat since my old keyboard would not work anymore. I actually have learned to like Swiftkey.

I've used SwiftKey Beta for years. Best keyboard in my opinion.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use Gboard so I have not seen this. I see where HTC had an issue with Touchpal as well.

@dnewman007 said:
    I use Gboard so I have not seen this. I see where HTC had an issue with Touchpal as well.

I think the HTC phones is where the story got started.

• monosabiomonosabio Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi, I think I have found a solution. TouchPal version installed by default is (zh_CN) that's the Chinese version. It has a some particular settings that I have disabled and now I doesn't auto translate to chinese anymore.

Advanced Settings->Language & Input->Virtual Keyboard->TouchPal Keyboard->Chinese Input->Predict NextWord

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio said:
    Hi, I think I have found a solution. TouchPal version installed by default is (zh_CN) that's the Chinese version. It has a some particular settings that I have disabled and now I doesn't auto translate to chinese anymore.

Advanced Settings->Language & Input->Virtual Keyboard->TouchPal Keyboard->Chinese Input->Predict NextWord

Thanks for letting us know.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:

Gboard has made many improvements over the months, but SwiftKey for me is my go-to keyboard. Best prediction in my experience.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@ram1220 said:

Gboard has made many improvements over the months, but SwiftKey for me is my go-to keyboard. Best prediction in my experience.

I agree! And the way I type I definitely need the prediction. Lol