Touchpal Keyboard issue: location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar

monosabiomonosabio Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi, today I've noticed that when Touchpal Keyboard is enabled as default keyboard, the location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar.
When I create an event and search a location in the textbox, it will be automatically converted to Chinese.

Is there a way to fix this ?
Thanks !

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio said:
    Hi, today I've noticed that when Touchpal Keyboard is enabled as default keyboard, the location is automatically converted to Chinese in Google Calendar.
    When I create an event and search a location in the textbox, it will be automatically converted to Chinese.

Is there a way to fix this ?
    Thanks !

I've never used that keyboard but did you check the settings?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio , I just checked and it is correct that it seems that the app will show the location information as Chinese. Since the keyboard is part of the system file, i think this would require modification in the system file as I do not see an option to change that in the app. Hopefully some other genius in our forum will have an idea how to change that. In the meantime, i would suggest that maybe just download third party keyboard like Gboard or swiftkey and set that as default.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 320 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you can't find a setting to change then try Swiftkey. I had to switch to it after my "upgrade" to Nougat since my old keyboard would not work anymore. I actually have learned to like Swiftkey.

@ram1220 said:
    If you can't find a setting to change then try Swiftkey. I had to switch to it after my "upgrade" to Nougat since my old keyboard would not work anymore. I actually have learned to like Swiftkey.

I've used SwiftKey Beta for years. Best keyboard in my opinion.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,994 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use Gboard so I have not seen this. I see where HTC had an issue with Touchpal as well.

@dnewman007 said:
    I use Gboard so I have not seen this. I see where HTC had an issue with Touchpal as well.

I think the HTC phones is where the story got started.

• monosabiomonosabio Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi, I think I have found a solution. TouchPal version installed by default is (zh_CN) that's the Chinese version. It has a some particular settings that I have disabled and now I doesn't auto translate to chinese anymore.

Advanced Settings->Language & Input->Virtual Keyboard->TouchPal Keyboard->Chinese Input->Predict NextWord

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,994 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monosabio said:
    Hi, I think I have found a solution. TouchPal version installed by default is (zh_CN) that's the Chinese version. It has a some particular settings that I have disabled and now I doesn't auto translate to chinese anymore.

Advanced Settings->Language & Input->Virtual Keyboard->TouchPal Keyboard->Chinese Input->Predict NextWord

Thanks for letting us know.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:

Gboard has made many improvements over the months, but SwiftKey for me is my go-to keyboard. Best prediction in my experience.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 320 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@ram1220 said:

Gboard has made many improvements over the months, but SwiftKey for me is my go-to keyboard. Best prediction in my experience.

I agree! And the way I type I definitely need the prediction. Lol