Bootup Animation Sound

dleigh80dleigh80 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enabling "Silent Boot" doesn't work for me--the sound effect still plays, quite loud, when booting up. I found the only way to prevent the bootup sound is to set the phone volume to vibrate before restarting. Anyone have any success getting Silent Boot to actually work?

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

@dleigh80 Good Afternoon. I can confirm the same results. I can get silent boot to work as intended it the phone is set to silent or vibrate mode before turning off. If Sound is turned on, silent boot become void. I will go ahead and report this.

• dleigh80dleigh80 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll @jimlloyd40 Thanks a lot for responding. We'll hope this gets fixed. It's a minor annoyance on a phone that otherwise has been great (just got it 2 days back).

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do have the phone and I can say the boot on the wife's device is silent.

@hollap That's good to hear. Was there anything you had to do on her phone other than enabling Silent Boot? I enabled that setting early on, but I still get the startup chimes unless I reduce ringtone volume to vibrate before rebooting.

@dleigh80 said:
    @hollap That's good to hear. Was there anything you had to do on her phone other than enabling Silent Boot? I enabled that setting early on, but I still get the startup chimes unless I reduce ringtone volume to vibrate before rebooting.

No, nothing else other than silent boot. Are you performing a reboot, a shutdown and startup, or does it happen when you try it both ways?

@hollap I've mainly done reboot, so I'll try complete power down and startup today. FYI yesterday, I disabled Silent Boot, then restarted, enabled Silent Boot, restarted again, but same problem.

Thanks again for the inputs.

@dleigh80 I just wanted to check in, so you didn't think I flaked. I am seeing exactly what your experiencing and I am still trying to find some information. I am not finding many with this issue and wonder if maybe one of our other settings may be interfering. @hollap has a couple in his household and I believe he isn't experiencing it at all. I will post back as soon as I know a little more.

@ironbaybeedoll Thanks a lot for the update. I suspect something similar, that it was a related setting, and was actually browsing the settings to see if I could figure out what it might be.

So I did a little bit of testing tonight. I have 2 Blade V8 Pros in the house, all same setting sounds and volume settings. Both have the silent boot option set. 1 device makes the sound, the other doesn't. I can't make this stuff up. Now, the only really noticeable difference with the two is that 1 device has encryption on, where you need to enter a pin at startup, and the other does not. for those playing along, the one with the pin set is the one that makes the boot noise at the screen splash.

I'm looking for ideas on other settings to check because I can't think of any right now.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    So I did a little bit of testing tonight. I have 2 Blade V8 Pros in the house, all same setting sounds and volume settings. Both have the silent boot option set. 1 device makes the sound, the other doesn't. I can't make this stuff up. Now, the only really noticeable difference with the two is that 1 device has encryption on, where you need to enter a pin at startup, and the other does not. for those playing along, the one with the pin set is the one that makes the boot noise at the screen splash.

I'm looking for ideas on other settings to check because I can't think of any right now.

The only logical sense I can think on that, is there must be something in the settings that is causing the software error. One phone has some setting on or off that the other one doesn't. Your encryption setting could very well be the culprit, but hard to say for sure unless you change that setting on one or both devices and then see if it makes a difference.

@dleigh80 Good evening. After talking back and forth with @hollap we were able to find a solution, although it may not be a perfect one, it does fix silent boot. I factory restored my Blade V8 and this time chose not to go with a pin at start up. I am now able to have volume on and the device is silent during boot. I hope this helps. Should you have any questions please give a shout :)

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    @dleigh80 Good evening. After talking back and forth with @hollap we were able to find a solution, although it may not be a perfect one, it does fix silent boot. I factory restored my Blade V8 and this time chose not to go with a pin at start up. I am now able to have volume on and the device is silent during boot. I hope this helps. Should you have any questions please give a shout :)

Just curious but did you have to factory reset the phone to cancel using a PIN? And that is a software bug that should be fixed. But kudos to you and @hollap for finding a workaround.

This is the encryption pin @jimlloyd40, so yes an FDR is required. You cannot decrypt your device without an FDR.

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:

Just curious but did you have to factory reset the phone to cancel using a PIN? And that is a software bug that should be fixed. But kudos to you and @hollap for finding a workaround.

This is the encryption pin @jimlloyd40, so yes an FDR is required. You cannot decrypt your device without an FDR.

Thanks ironbaybeedoll and hollap for finding this creative solution! I'll try it out hopefully later today or tomorrow.

@dleigh80 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:

Thanks ironbaybeedoll and hollap for finding this creative solution! I'll try it out hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Sorry it's not a perfect fix. I would choose to keep the encryption and live with the splash screen sound myself vs. going without it. But we each have our own items that we feel are important. Glad we could help out in some way @dleigh80