Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Stock tiles

Canad1an_ehCanad1an_eh Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 25, 2017 12:53AM in Consumer Lab

Would anyone like the option to turn ZTEs skin off or on so if they were off you would have stock quick tiles and notifications like the pixel? (This would only affect the tiles not the settings section.) (that's option 3)

Stock tiles 19 votes

Yes
42% 8 votes
No
5% 1 vote
Turn off skin completely
52% 10 votes

Comments

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Definitely turn off skin completely.

Same, but tiles is definitely a move in the right direction

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Users should just give feedback on what they prefer specifically when it comes to features of a smartphone.
    When you just copy what others have done, like the Pixel phone, then what's the point of making something outside of the Pixel (?). I think a more interesting question would be... based on a specific device, like say the Axon 7, what changes would you propose to the Quick Tile feature if you do not prefer it's current status?

• Canad1an_ehCanad1an_eh Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Users should just give feedback on what they prefer specifically when it comes to features of a smartphone.
    When you just copy what others have done, like the Pixel phone, then what's the point of making something outside of the Pixel (?). I think a more interesting question would be... based on a specific device, like say the Axon 7, what changes would you propose to the Quick Tile feature if you do not prefer it's current status?

An on/off switch. But if the skin absolutely HAS to be present. Then the ability to choose which tiles are on the screen, and make the background whatever color you wish even transparent. I would have a pixel if it came with the hardware i wanted. I believe many buy their choice phone based on hardware and if we want a better software ask companies to use linage or paranoid android these eastern skins are absolute assault on the eyes. Thanks for the question tho.

• maulgandhimaulgandhi New Jersey Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

MiFavor got to go! Pure Stock Android is the way to go with Stock Camera.

• vrmcbeighvrmcbeigh Dallas, TXPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd much prefer AOSP instead of a skin.