Audio Through USB Port

wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 30, 2017 9:26PM in Blade V8 PRO

Does this phone play music through the type-C port?

Thank you.

Comments

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly would you be playing audio through the USB-C port. I don't have this phone so I cannot say for sure, but my experience in the past has been if the phone has a headphone jack then using a USB-C headphones still works. However, using a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter will not work unless the headphone jack is missing.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wwsiralexd said:

Thank you.

Does it have a headphone jack?

Yes, it does have a 3.5mm connector.

@jasone said:
    How exactly would you be playing audio through the USB-C port. I don't have this phone so I cannot say for sure, but my experience in the past has been if the phone has a headphone jack then using a USB-C headphones still works. However, using a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter will not work unless the headphone jack is missing.

I have an external DAC. I want to see if I can get music to play through the DAC.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wwsiralexd said:

@jasone said:

I have an external DAC. I want to see if I can get music to play through the DAC.

@wwsiralexd said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wwsiralexd said:

Thank you.

Does it have a headphone jack?

Yes, it does have a 3.5mm connector.

Since it has a headphone jack why aren't you using it?

The external DAC I have produces better music than the headphone jack.

I am delighted to find out that the type-C port on this phone does play music.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @wwsiralexd for letting us know it worked.

@jimlloyd40 another reason for wanting this to work would be future proofing. Buying a USB-C headset now will future proof your purchase since it appears 3.5mm headphone jacks will likely be dead soon.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to "hear" it worked out @wwsiralexd