ZTE MF97A - Need a different way to do a hard reset

This decice is giving me and repeating endlessly multiple errors for Google play, youtube, loader, Pandora, the list is never ending. I have tried to do a hard reset on my device multiple times unsuccessfully. I get no errors saying my reset was unsuccessful. But when I reboot after the hard reset, all of my apps are still there, along with my errors.

I have disabled my Google account. I've gone to settings/apps/all/ and literally disabled all apps & cleared all caches. All while tapping "ok" to a ton of popup error messages in the process. I have Googled my issues every way that I can think of to word it and apparently I'm the only person ever who's experiencing this exact issue.

Can someone please tell me if there is a different way to do a hard reset on my device (even if it means cracking it open - the warranty has long since expired)? Here's a video of my issues & proof that a hard reset does not actually perform:

This device is not rooted/ hacked or whatever it's called & I would prefer to keep it that way if possible.

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @twarde1, I do not have this device though this is a bit odd as normally if you go to the recovery to do the factory rest, it should wipe the unit and return it to the factory setting.

Have you also try to clear the cache too? I would say, stay in the recovery, and try to wipe the cache 2-3 times and do the factory rest 2-3 times. Then boot it up afterwards to see if you can get it to work.

Also, have you try to just go into the Setting and look for a setting call "backup and reset"