Is Z981 Bootloader is unlocked? What about rooting?

mbarratta85mbarratta85 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 1, 2017 3:10PM in ZMAX

Would like to know how to root my Z981? I don't understand why I can't find any information on this?

Comments

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,087 admin

@mbarratta85 The bootloader on the ZMAX Pro is not unlocked. If you are in "Developer Options" and seeing the option for OEM Unlock, this is standard on all Android devices.

Root has not been achieved on the device.

• mbarratta85mbarratta85 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

I still don't understand why? This phone has been out for how long? I paid full price for my phone.... It's like buying a car with no keys to get inside....

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    @mbarratta85 The bootloader on the ZMAX Pro is not unlocked. If you are in "Developer Options" and seeing the option for OEM Unlock, this is standard on all Android devices.

Root has not been achieved on the device.

@sshasan I don't remember the thread but I said the same thing as you just did and someone posted a link to YouTube videos showing how to root it. I didn't check them out since I don't have the phone.

• alton28alton28 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

I think metro Pcs and tmobile don't won't it unlocked there no way too unlock it too be rooted i called zte they said its. Up too tmobile

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@alton28 said:
    I think metro Pcs and tmobile don't won't it unlocked there no way too unlock it too be rooted i called zte they said its. Up too tmobile

Are you talking about unlocking the phone so that you're free to use on another carrier or unlocking the bootloader so that you can root it?

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is No Root for this phone. Videos claiming such are clickbait.