My z799vl phone keeps resetting. How do I fix this?

Hello. I recently had purchased a ZTE Z799VL phone, with Straight Talk as the plan, from Walmart. This was approximately two weeks ago. Yesterday, the phone began to reset itself - I woke up, and tried to use it, but when I turned the screen on, it displayed not my home screen but a screen for initial setup, asking me to do various things such as select my wifi connection and sync my Google account, because it had been reset. My contacts, my call history, and my texts - many of which were very important - were all gone. This happened again two more times yesterday, once in the afternoon and once shortly before midnight.

Please, I need help to fix this.

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would say try doing an actual factory reset. A true factory reset involves formatting the data and cache partition, which is unlikely to happen on its own, unless someone else has access to your google account and are randomly clicking on the erase lost phone function.

If a factory reset that you manually imitate, does not work for fixing the issue, then get the device replaced.

If it is still within the store's return window then getting it replaced there, will be faster, but if not, then you will have to do an RMA.