Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Complete Power Saving Survey and have a chance to win $25 Amazon Gift Card

yindanyindan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 4, 2017 2:25PM in Consumer Lab

Hi there,

Consumer Lab would like to learn about your behaviors and preferences on power saving regarding your mobile phone. Please take this 5-minute survey down below.

Click on the link to get started:
http://powersaving.surveyanalytics.com

Your answers will provide great help to us. If you qualify and complete the survey you will be entered into a chance to win a $25 gift card.

There are no right or wrong answers in this survey... please feel free to share your thoughts with us.

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MAPosts: 2,430 mod

Completed :)

• Completed :-)

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 97 ✭✭✭

Completed!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USAPosts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2017 6:24PM

Quick and painless, lol.

I would think most people keep their phone plugged in and charging overnight or whenever they sleep.
    At least that's what I do, and not sure if I need to have things automatically turned off during that time.
    I do see lately there are some new phones on the market that have battery life going for 2-3 days between
    charging. I wonder what they are doing to the software to be able to get such awesome battery life,
    or are their batteries inside just gigantic (?).
    :)

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done and I agree with @DoppelgangerD most people plug in their phones overnight and even when I don't I lose maybe 5% overnight max. That's totally acceptable and I don't see a need for any further tweaks.

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done,

Please don't kill apps when the device is idle, at most, freeze them.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

done. Personally, I think doze should already taken care of this and I am not too sure if we need another app doing the same thing.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey Completed.

I would rather see a "Freeze Button" that would just freeze the apps your wanted and kill off the ones you don't want to run at night. It would also be to have a list were the user could select the apps and save the custom list.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2017 5:05PM

Done, voted for ZTE to do nothing here:

1) Most people charge overnight
    2) Android does this already (and gets better with every version) - Why does ZTE think it can do it better than Google?
    3) Every time I've had a third party try to manage power it either makes the situation worse, breaks apps or a combination of the above. (See complaints about earlier A7 ROM versions for how well it works when ZTE tries to do this kind of thing).

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

completed

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finished

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey complete :)

• chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey completed. I agree with a couple of the comments above in that I typically have my phone plugged in at night so that is not a time that I am worried about.

• syntapsyntap Washington DCPosts: 196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done. I think something optionally tied to a scheduled Do Not Disturb may be helpful, but most nights I leave the charger plugged in. I think a better way to go is improve battery life to make sure typical use gets at least 1.5 days, and I worry a bit about unintended consequences with this functionality. I recommended an "exclude app" facility somewhere so you can choose apps that you think should be running as normal.