Projector image destruction

ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Have a Spro 2, suddenly started doing this. What is this and how do I make it go away?

Comments

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    There's absolutely nothing anywhere on the net for this issue and ZTE has never heard of it. They told me to adjust the resolution to 1280p but they weren't able to tell me how to do it. The device doesn't have that kind of settings.

  • ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

    @ztecursed Good Evening, and Welcome to Z-Community. Does this show on screen as well as in projection mode? Have you tried factory restoring the device? Is it possible that you enabled something in developers settings menu?

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    @ironbaybeedoll said:
    @ztecursed Good Evening, and Welcome to Z-Community. Does this show on screen as well as in projection mode? Have you tried factory restoring the device? Is it possible that you enabled something in developers settings menu?

    The screen is fine. As for the developers menu, I didn't know the device has one and don't know how to find it. The device works fine except for the projector.

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    The settings menu on this thing has very little in it. The device settings menu has 5 items.

  • ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

    @ztecursed Ok so let's back up a little, can you tell me which version you have such as WIFI, Verizon...? When did you purchase it?

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    Bought it about 3 weeks ago from 3rd party. Its a T-Mobile unit, but I'm using it for Wi-Fi.

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    Closeup of what it's doing

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @ztecursed said:
    Bought it about 3 weeks ago from 3rd party. Its a T-Mobile unit, but I'm using it for Wi-Fi.

    Was it like that when you bought it?

    No, the image went bad randomly one day when I turned it on. It was fine when I got it.

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ztecursed said:
    Bought it about 3 weeks ago from 3rd party. Its a T-Mobile unit, but I'm using it for Wi-Fi.

    Please let me know who the 3rd party is and also take a look at the software version.

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ztecursed said:
    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

    I was wanting the OEM build number like MF97TV1.0.0Bxx. However, by just looking at the pic, it looks more like a loose wire between the MB and the projector as my laptop monitor has done similar effect before when I replaced the screen and the connector was not sited tight.

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:
    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

    I was wanting the OEM build number like MF97TV1.0.0Bxx. However, by just looking at the pic, it looks more like a loose wire between the MB and the projector as my laptop monitor has done similar effect before when I replaced the screen and the connector was not sited tight.

    Build # is MF97B_T

  • monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ztecursed said:

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:
    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

    I was wanting the OEM build number like MF97TV1.0.0Bxx. However, by just looking at the pic, it looks more like a loose wire between the MB and the projector as my laptop monitor has done similar effect before when I replaced the screen and the connector was not sited tight.

    Build # is MF97B_T

    Build # should look like this MF97B_TMOV1.0.0B05. Please take a look and see if this is your current build number. If this is your device's software version, I would think the loose connection more or less, but if this is not the software build, I would say update the device to latest software build and take a look to see if the projection made any changes.

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:
    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

    I was wanting the OEM build number like MF97TV1.0.0Bxx. However, by just looking at the pic, it looks more like a loose wire between the MB and the projector as my laptop monitor has done similar effect before when I replaced the screen and the connector was not sited tight.

    Build # is MF97B_T

    Build # should look like this MF97B_TMOV1.0.0B05. Please take a look and see if this is your current build number. If this is your device's software version, I would think the loose connection more or less, but if this is not the software build, I would say update the device to latest software build and take a look to see if the projection made any changes.

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:

    @monger80 said:

    @ztecursed said:
    @monger80 I bought it from a person. It runs Android Kitkat

    I was wanting the OEM build number like MF97TV1.0.0Bxx. However, by just looking at the pic, it looks more like a loose wire between the MB and the projector as my laptop monitor has done similar effect before when I replaced the screen and the connector was not sited tight.

    Build # is MF97B_T

    Build # should look like this MF97B_TMOV1.0.0B05. Please take a look and see if this is your current build number. If this is your device's software version, I would think the loose connection more or less, but if this is not the software build, I would say update the device to latest software build and take a look to see if the projection made any changes.

    MF97B_TMOB01.
    SW Version MF97B_TV1.0.0B05

  • ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

    @ztecursed Hello again. Another thing I wanted to run by you just in case.. Have you asked the person you bought the device from if it is still under warranty?

  • ztecursedztecursed Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

    It isnt

  • maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ztecursed If your not easily intimidated, you could always open it up and check connections. Many times with electronics, especially laptops as they age, cables and connector become loose. I have seen may times a laptop display show weird artifacts due to the cable coming loose from how it seats on the mainboard, and running the length of the hinge. I definitely would open it up, and check that everything is seated snug, also while it is open clean/clear vent and fan of dust. If your really going to toss it out, you got nothing to lose.

Sign In or Register to comment.