Cricket Grand x4

i recently purchased a grand x4 i know it has a update as my wifes phone got it but mine wont recieve it i manually try it says no update available?? is it still being pushed or am i doing something wrong? would like to get the update but dunno what issue is??

Comments

• ok thanks for the info :)

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod
    edited August 9, 2017 6:41PM

@badmav73 Good Evening, and Welcome to Z-Community. Carriers usually push updates out in batches. I'd give it a little more time and if you still haven't received it contact Cricket. Only your carrier is able to assist with this. Should you need anything, please give a shout :)

• I talked with cricket and she said the manufacturer is responsable for the updates...i guess the update came out in april.... The thing that worries me is the security patch is from july 2016...

@badmav73 I would give it a little more time to see if you receive the update, and if not call back Cricket. It is definitely up to the carrier (Cricket in this case) to provide updates, not the manufacturer.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll is absolutely right. All carriers work this way. If they feel an upgrade is warranted they contract the OEM to do it. If not, it doesn't get updated. It's not the OEM's choice at all. So technically yes the update is done by the OEM, but not unless the carrier contracts them to do it.

• Thank you so much for the info.... By the way this phone is excellent....

• I seen it then it was gone... Omg still nothing lol this is gonna deive me crazy especially since i know theres a update. I know it got released in may i think should be easy peazy...

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,023 admin

@badmav73 said:
    I seen it then it was gone... Omg still nothing lol this is gonna deive me crazy especially since i know theres a update. I know it got released in may i think should be easy peazy...

Can you go ahead and clear the cache partition and then reboot the phone. Also, don't continue to try and force the update you may be timing out the server ever time you try. Once you clear it just give it a day or two. If it doesn't pop up send me a direct message with you imei and your current build.

• Ok will do... Ya i have to wait 24 hours :( ill try that

• I know with my wifes phone she got it a month ago and got the update about a week and a half ago... Im not as patient as she is lol but ill wait no choice...

@badmav73 lol just trade phones with the wife... maybe she wont notice :)

• GabeulricksonGabeulrickson ShawneePosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just posting in here to ask if anybody else has gotten a weird red line showing up on their screen on one purchased from Walmart as mine did this around 7 last night (850 CST now) and faded away a little bit then just stuck, it seems to be a glitch with the new system update as I had just got done installing it 3 hours prior and the only other issue I've had with this is it over heating using hotspot and acting powered off then resetting, also, I know it's a software issue as I left it on the charger all night Nd now it does it at the cricket screen and any time Android is running

• nnelson231nnelson231 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Am having the same issue. Just bought Grand X4. Did the updates ever download for you?

• mandlerparrmandlerparr United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just chatted with Cricket, and in my case I can't get updates because I am using the same sim I had in an older phone (of the same grand x 4 model) and I am using the same google log in credentials. The first time I bought the phone, it took about a week to get the updates. I haven't tried a new sim yet, but I am going to.

• st36037st36037 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I'm new here. But I as well have a Grand X 4. I've had mine about about a year. The last update it had was in Dec of 2017. Any advice?? I have also tried to see if it when I was connected to Wi-Fi with no luck.