WiFi auto on and won't turn off

dawsonlinkdawsonlink Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

WiFi turns on by itself And will turn on again as soon as I turn it off.will only stay off with a reboot. Have double checked all WiFi setting and cannot stop it.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dawsonlink said:
    WiFi turns on by itself And will turn on again as soon as I turn it off.will only stay off with a reboot. Have double checked all WiFi setting and cannot stop it.

Accepting that you did double check the wifi settings I would wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious, why do you want it to stay off? Something else you could try is going into Settings, click More under the network settings at the top, and try Network settings reset.

@jasone said:
    Just curious, why do you want it to stay off? Something else you could try is going into Settings, click More under the network settings at the top, and try Network settings reset.

I would imagine that when he doesn't want to use wifi why have it on searching all the time wherever he is wasting battery life.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some apps that can turn on Wi-Fi automatically.

@adrb said:
    There are some apps that can turn on Wi-Fi automatically.

Which apps do that?

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Automation apps is one example

@adrb said:
    Automation apps is one example

I would think that if he had something like that installed he would know why his wifi keeps turning itself on.