how to send photos from Axon 7 mini to computer

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭

How do I send photos from gallery on Axon 7 mini to my computer?
Thanks

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @winta
    there's several way to transfer photos from any devices to a PC,
    When you connect your Mini 7, Windows will ask what do you want to do with it,

• You have couple options via Windows and if you select to transfer Photos Windows will do that Automatically and they will be store in the " Pictures " folder.

• Connecting you Mini 7 to your computer and selecting " PTP " option on your Mini 7 will allow you complete access to you Photos.

• Also Connecting you Mini 7 to your computer and selecting " MTP " option on your Mini 7 will allow your complete access to your Device Internal/SDcard storage. Photos will be located in the "DCIM" Folder of either storage.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2017 3:50PM

With Windows 10 and a microsoft account you can use onedrive to auto save your photos from your phone with the Onedrive app and you can find them in Windows in your OneDrive folders.

With ES File manager on the phone you can start a server on the phone on home Wi-Fi and you can connect from any computer in the house to the phone and copy photos or files.

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Google Photos app can also back up your photos automatically to the cloud, allowing you to access (and download) them through a browser. This is a great tool for ensuring you never lose photos should anything happen to your phone. It also means you can access your photos through any computer with an Internet connection.

If I only want to send a few images to my PC quickly, without getting cables out, I use the Pushbullet app to instantly send them through to my PC. Airdroid is another great app that allows you to wirelessly communicate with your PC to download (or upload) multiple images/videos/files at once. Very useful if you want to upload your music library to your phone, or a portfolio, etc.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭

@DrakenFX said:
    Hi @winta
    there's several way to transfer photos from any devices to a PC,
    When you connect your Mini 7, Windows will ask what do you want to do with it,

• You have couple options via Windows and if you select to transfer Photos Windows will do that Automatically and they will be store in the " Pictures " folder.

• Connecting you Mini 7 to your computer and selecting " PTP " option on your Mini 7 will allow you complete access to you Photos.

• Also Connecting you Mini 7 to your computer and selecting " MTP " option on your Mini 7 will allow your complete access to your Device Internal/SDcard storage. Photos will be located in the "DCIM" Folder of either storage.

I don't understand. Do I get Windows on my phone?? How?
    Thanks, I'm a newbie with smart phones and Axon.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:

By far the easiest way to get your photos on your PC is to install the Google Photos app like @ladyhazy said. With the Google Photos app on your phone every picture that you take is automatically instantly on your PC with no input from you. No need to connect your phone to your PC. When you install the Google Photos app you will be given a choice of high resolution storage for free with a 15 GB limit which is hundreds of pictures. Or you can have unlimited storage at a lower resolution. Another advantage for Google Photos is that you can edit your photos from your PC. One more advantage for Google Photos is that when you switch phones your pictures are automatically on your new phone in the Google Photos app. So @winta if you don't want to risk doing something wrong when your phone is connected to your PC just download Google Photos from the Play Store.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭

With > @winta said:

If you have Windows 10 on your computer, it already has Onedrive. On the phone you install OneDrive app and configure it to save your photos and use the same Microsoft account used on your Windows 10 computer.

Thank you everyone. Now I understand.

@winta said:

Which method did you choose @winta?

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a proponent of using more than one cloud to backup photos. Use both Google Photos and OneDrive perhaps. I use Google and Flickr.

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard Sunny Southern CaliforniaPosts: 87 ✭✭✭✭

Best method I've found is to use the ES File Explorer app. It lets you copy/paste files directly from phone to PC without any intervening server or other operation.

Thank you everyone. I am struggling. This phone ling is like a foreign language. I already speak English fluently and two others haltingly, but I don't speak phone-ese.

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    Thank you everyone. I am struggling. This phone ling is like a foreign language. I already speak English fluently and two others haltingly, but I don't speak phone-ese.

The easiest method if you have windows XP or newer, is to simply connect the phone to your PC via USB.

1. Once you do that, you will see a menu appear on your phone.
    2. Click on "Media device MTP"

Once you do that, if you press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard to bring up the file explorer, you should see your phone listed.

You will then have access to all files on the device, including the DCIM folder that has your photos.

@winta said:

@winta if you have a Gmail account by far the easiest way to get your photos on your computer is to download the Google Photos app to your phone. Every picture that you then take will be on the Google Photos app and on your computer instantly with no other input from you. Then when you want to view your photos on your computer you just have to be logged into Google and go to the Google Photos app on your computer to view them. You can even edit the photos on your computer and the edited photo will be on your phone instantly. You can be logged into Chrome on your computer or even Firefox and view them.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@winta said:

I use a hard wire to connect the phone to a USB on the computer and just move my pictures over to the computer. That is the easiest because I know how to do that.

Thanks

@winta said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@winta said:

I use a hard wire to connect the phone to a USB on the computer and just move my pictures over to the computer. That is the easiest because I know how to do that.

Thanks

Google Photos is even easier. You don't have to connect your phone to your computer and every picture you take is instantly on your computer without doing anything.