Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

zte blade x max problem in google search

When I look up anything it shows me results but when I click on the link I want to access it opens google play. I've cleared the cache on apps and play store WTF. I've had phone for 7 days so they won't refund my money. Please help

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@thenderson37 said:
    When I look up anything it shows me results but when I click on the link I want to access it opens google play. I've cleared the cache on apps and play store WTF. I've had phone for 7 days so they won't refund my money. Please help

When it opens the Play Store does it go to a specific app? Does it go to a browser update? You said that you cleared the cache but you could also wipe the cache partition in recovery. This is pretty strange.

• How do I wipe the cache partition in recovery? No clue at all

• Figured out and wiped cache partition. I will post any further problems. Thank you jimlloyd40

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@thenderson37 said:
    Figured out and wiped cache partition. I will post any further problems. Thank you jimlloyd40

You're welcome. Sorry that I didn't see you ask how to do it. Did it help?

• It did help, but only temporarily. Every day at some point I have to wipe cache partition. Don't know if I got a bad phone or if this phone has lots of problems for everyone. Thanks for your help

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @thenderson37 , when you said you look up anything, do you mean using Google Chrome browser and search for something there? Or Were you using the search bar widget?

have you try to do a factory reset to clear up any potentially software issue? Sounds to me that there maybe some sort of software issue and factory reset will get it fixed. Once you reset it, try to only install essential software to start with to see if problem went away, if it does, it maybe some apps that you have installed that could possibly causing the problem.