Screen dead

My phone's screen seems to have died on me. Oddly I can still listen to podcasts, which is the only way I can tell the phone is not completely dead. Is there any coming back from something like this?

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2017 10:53AM

@jedhenley5
    There's one way to find out if screen is not responding, do the following :

• Press & Hold Power and Volume Up (Don't Release)
    • you'll be rebooting your phone and if you see the ZTE LOGO just release the Power button keep holding Volume Up. (This mean screen isn't dead if you see the ZTE logo)
    • Once in recovery mode, Wipe CACHE ONLY and reboot.
  • DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40
    Edited the post , all good now.

• So last time, before having to try this solution, the screen came back on its own. Now it's acting dead again. I tried the solution proposed above. I get the buzz notifying that something is happening, but the screen is still not responding. Any other tips?

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

@jedhenley5 Good Afternoon, Let's see if perhaps one of our CPAs @musicdjm @DoppelgangerD are able to assist you in troubleshooting this further. Should you need anything else, please give a shout.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 7:17PM

@jedhenley5 said:
    So last time, before having to try this solution, the screen came back on its own. Now it's acting dead again. I tried the solution proposed above. I get the buzz notifying that something is happening, but the screen is still not responding. Any other tips?

What is happening to the LED status light in the upper left corner of the phone.
    Does it light up at all when you have the phone plugged in?
    Please be specific as to whether it lights up then goes off, or it blinks, or it stays on, etc...

Do you hear any sounds from the phone when you attempt to power it on, like the sound it makes when the logo screen appears, or when you get notifications?

How are you able to listen to podcasts if you can't see anything on the screen to be able to navigate to something like a podcast??

• Right now, I am listening to a podcast. The LED is blinking yellow - on one second, off one second. It turns solid red when I plug it in, but then back to the blinking yellow. Pressing power also causes it to turn red momentarily.

When I power it on, I get the normal powering on sound.

I am able to listen to podcasts because I have it set to play automatically when I plug in headphones.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jedhenley5 said:
    Right now, I am listening to a podcast. The LED is blinking yellow - on one second, off one second. It turns solid red when I plug it in, but then back to the blinking yellow. Pressing power also causes it to turn red momentarily.

When I power it on, I get the normal powering on sound.

I am able to listen to podcasts because I have it set to play automatically when I plug in headphones.

It sounds to me like the connection to your display has become dislodged from the internal hardware.
    It will have to be sent to ZTE for repair, unfortunately.

https://www.zteusa.com/contact-us/