Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

ZTE takes 4th place in US cell phone market

poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if they release an awesome Axon 8, ZTE will move up to 3rd!
https://goo.gl/F2dPC8
ZTE’s smartphone shipments increased by 36 percent this past quarter, and if its growth continues, it might soon overtake LG in the US market.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

At this point I would be happy if they just acknowledged that there will be an Axon 8.

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Word.

@poohbiwon said:
    Word.

?

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@poohbiwon said:
    Word.

?

Sorry. I mean, I agree. ????

@poohbiwon said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@poohbiwon said:
    Word.

?

Sorry. I mean, I agree. ????

Thanks @poohbiwon. The next time that I see a post of yours that only says "word" I'll know what it means now. :D

• saeedtedsaeedted TexasPosts: 668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@poohbiwon said:
    Word.

?

Word

@saeedted said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@poohbiwon said:
    Word.

?

Word

:D

• AustiniteAustinite Austin TexasPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

ZTE Axon 7 got rave reviews in Forbes Magazine (technology section), and I do hope ZTE continues to put out a Flagship phone (once a year) as it certainly brings brand-recognition to ZTE. What I don't understand is why the carriers are not grasping the ZTE Axon and selling it alongside the Samsung and iPhone. I told the AT&T Regional Manager his company really needs to get with it, and buy ZTE. I think AT&T goes with whom ever which offers them the most in discounts and incentives. With the money ZTE would give in incentives I believe ZTE would be best served just spending its monies national advertising and let people order from phones or their dealers - heck with AT&T!

@Austinite said:
    ZTE Axon 7 got rave reviews in Forbes Magazine (technology section), and I do hope ZTE continues to put out a Flagship phone (once a year) as it certainly brings brand-recognition to ZTE. What I don't understand is why the carriers are not grasping the ZTE Axon and selling it alongside the Samsung and iPhone. I told the AT&T Regional Manager his company really needs to get with it, and buy ZTE. I think AT&T goes with whom ever which offers them the most in discounts and incentives. With the money ZTE would give in incentives I believe ZTE would be best served just spending its monies national advertising and let people order from phones or their dealers - heck with AT&T!

ZTE has already missed your deadline of a new flagship phone once a year. ZTE would be far better off with carrier connections than national advertising. It's far too expensive and the average person just goes to the carrier to get a phone.

• AustiniteAustinite Austin TexasPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I agree with you, most everyone goes to the carrier to buy their phone - probably best ZTE strikes a carrier connection/deal.

@Austinite said:
    Yes I agree with you, most everyone goes to the carrier to buy their phone - probably best ZTE strikes a carrier connection/deal.

@Austinite I'm sure that ZTE would love to have the carriers like Samsung does. It's far easier said then done and takes a lot of money. Don't you think that if it was easy it would have happened a long time ago?

• doneonlydoneonly VirginiaPosts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also be mindful that in order to really take the spot of LG or even compete with Samsung and Apple, ZTE will have to release 2 flagships a year like Samsung and LG do. They will also need to get their flagships into carrier stores and they have to pay for advertising since even if they are in the stores, they will have to compete with all the kiosks displaying Apple and Samsung. With all of that being said, you may see an increase in price due to all of that which is kinda the gift and the curse.

@doneonly said:
    Also be mindful that in order to really take the spot of LG or even compete with Samsung and Apple, ZTE will have to release 2 flagships a year like Samsung and LG do. They will also need to get their flagships into carrier stores and they have to pay for advertising since even if they are in the stores, they will have to compete with all the kiosks displaying Apple and Samsung. With all of that being said, you may see an increase in price due to all of that which is kinda the gift and the curse.

See my post just before yours.