Release Date for MiFavor 5.0 for the 2017U and 2017G?

z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been a few weeks since the updated MiFavor 5.0 UI was released for the Chinese Axon 7, including proper quick tile support, potentially proper theming support and what I believe is scrolling screenshots, if the Google translation of the change-log is to be believed.

Has anyone heard any update from ZTE on its release? Would anyone here from ZTE care to comment on this?

Would any of the beta testers care to give their personal take on upgraded software? I realize you may have signed an NDA, but I'm not asking for corporate secrets here, just your general take and any information you can legally say about it.

Comments

• z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

The Chinese version of MiFavor is different than the US version regardless of the version number. And from what I've read if someone is a beta tester they would be in violation of the NDA by just acknowledging that they were a beta tester period.

That doesn't explain v1.1 B32, which was released on July 25th with the August security update. One could logically conclude that a beta version of MiFavor would likely be 5.0 for the United States model, since the Chinese model already received it. I already know it exists. I merely would like to know when it is coming out. If ZTE won't release it in August, then will ZTE add the September update whenever it does?

It would be nice for some transparency from ZTE if they are indeed trying to improve the user experience. They don't have to divulge every detail but at least explain the situation or that they're working on something.

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

From ZTE on Facebook Messenger...

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. We will be releasing an update soon, however, at this time our R&D team has not provided insight as to a specific date just yet. We'll keep you posted!

and

The software has to be tested, and sometimes there are bugs. We will not release an update with known bugs. It may take some time, however, an update will be released. The device is warranted for 2 years so there will be updates during its life span, some may take a bit longer than others. As a consumer, we understand your frustration, and we're working diligently to ensure we push out quality software versus software with an array of issues.

• z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll said:

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. We will be releasing an update soon, however, at this time our R&D team has not provided insight as to a specific date just yet. We'll keep you posted!

and

The software has to be tested, and sometimes there are bugs. We will not release an update with known bugs. It may take some time, however, an update will be released. The device is warranted for 2 years so there will be updates during its life span, some may take a bit longer than others. As a consumer, we understand your frustration, and we're working diligently to ensure we push out quality software versus software with an array of issues.

Well, it's not perfect but I'll take it. Thanks for posting some relevant news.

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@lllgurulll said:

and

Is there a specific person associated with that Facebook message? I've read before that those messages are in no way an official message from ZTE. There have been plenty of those types of messages that were subsequently withdrawn because the person who posted it wasn't speaking in an official capacity.

I have no idea and really don't care. I'm just posting what they stated. You can evaluate it however you want but don't hold it against me for making an attempt and providing some form of information.