Axon 7 parts needed

kitcostantinokitcostantino SC, USPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt see anywhere that seemed more appropriate to post this, but i am in need of a back housing for a axon 7 with buttons and fp sensor intact. is that even possible? the vendors i have used for repair parts in the past have no parts for the a2017u. thank you in advance! (hopefully)

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kitcostantino said:
    I didnt see anywhere that seemed more appropriate to post this, but i am in need of a back housing for a axon 7 with buttons and fp sensor intact. is that even possible? the vendors i have used for repair parts in the past have no parts for the a2017u. thank you in advance! (hopefully)

Not that I have been able to find, even finding units on eBay is difficult since they are still covered under ZTE's passport warranty most people selling them are good working used units.

• kitcostantinokitcostantino SC, USPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, i had a gold back. i loathe gold color, so i refinished it with a firearm finish. the side buttons became permanently stuck. not only would that not be covered by warranty, but ethically, i am not going to ask a company to fix my mistake at their cost.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 10:53AM

Would paint thinner work to remove the coating? or is it DuraCoat?
    I have tried searching through online and other than screens so far havent had much luck but I am gonna keep trying to find one

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 1:57AM

If possible, are you able to use a pin to remove some of the paint around the buttons to see if that will free them, and then cut a tiny strip of 1000 grit sandpaper and then carefully sand away any paint that will get in the way of the buttons?

• shadowsportsshadowsports United StatesPosts: 113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good enough for my 9mm, .40 or .45, it must be good enough for my ZTE. This is a great post. Thanks Kit... sorry about your problems... lesson leaned.. never buy a gold phone.

• samwichsesamwichse Posts: 47 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought this exact case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLX512C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks almost exactly like what you were going for and makes the phone a lot grippier. I've dropped it twice and the corners that wrap around didn't break off or show any damage. It's pretty nice quality plastic for how thin it is.

i have both the incipio clear/smoked case and a couple of spiegen rugged armor that work well as far as cases go. likely, i will buy a broken screen one off of ebay, i just think its crazy that zte doesnt sell parts, even through vendors. missing some revenue there. the back cant cost them more than $7-8. id gladly pay $30-40 for a new one. buying a water damaged axon 7 is going to run at least $50-60.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kitcostantino said:

well, i had a gold back. i loathe gold color, so i refinished it with a firearm finish. the side buttons became permanently stuck. not only would that not be covered by warranty, but ethically, i am not going to ask a company to fix my mistake at their cost.

Unfortunate. Try a skin the next time you want to change the looks. Have you taken it to a repair store?

Lol. id say it was more like my phone became the first monkey shot into space for the greater good.

I used a Slickwraps skin and posess a dbrand one, but neither fully covered the white midframe and the gold speaker grilles. on my grey one, i plan to have some black grilles 3d printed. or just simply paint them for the moment, i am glad i have one working axon.
    literally, before the Duracoat dried, i had another ordered from Swappa. if i had it to do over again, i would send it to the guy that refiishes my x metals and have him do it all in black. it was the sacrificial-dont-use-duracoat-aerosol-if-youre-not-a-pro phone. lesson learned. hopefully, someone from zte will come along and enable me to buy parts. not looking to likely at the moment, though.