Who thinks ZTE will be revealing the Axon 8 at IFA this weekend?

poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2017 1:23AM in Axon

Has ZTE been keeping hush about their new flagship so they can blow our minds at IFA? Or not...? What do you think?

Who thinks ZTE will be revealing the Axon 8 at IFA this weekend? 26 votes

ZTE has been quiet about the Axon 8 to build anticipation for its big reveal at IFA
19%
poohbiwonmgeinitzmismarbeaugartfathermocker 5 votes
Abandon all hope
80%
frodriguez2010dnewman007busymanbeenwaitingforthisswehesram1220bjhiltbrandsaeedtedkidnovanaterz1123@gmail.comeclipseddkstevec537514blank40quantomikshadowsportsrandolphmcafeeomnomnomredbirdkedlundEpicFailGuy 21 votes

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I personally don't think it will be announced at IFA. Like most upcoming phones, there are probably leaks before any announcement and I don't think I've seen anything regarding the upcoming Axon... Or maybe ZTE is good with keeping it a secret unlike others ;)

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think we will have to wait for CES 2018 or Mobile World Congress.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My guess, if I had to make one, is CES or MWC. Same as @jasonscarter. But that is a wild guess at that. Whenever it is, I pray it supports Band 71 for T-Mobile. Otherwise I don't want it. Maybe.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 1:56PM

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Poll needs a third choice. Announce it elsewhere.

I agree, didnt bother voting since I didnt feel like like either choice was the case. Im pretty positive it wont be at IFA since they would have sent invites to press for a press conference or something and none of the news sites are posting anything about it, plus from the exhibit list only ZTE Germany will be at IFA and they list they will be there with the Blade A16, Axon 7 and Axon 7 Mini. I dont think ZTE will end up doing it at a show, they didnt for the Axon Pro or Axon 7 so it would be a big change for them if they did.

https://www.virtualmarket.ifa-berlin.de/en/search?term=zte

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

I hope they don't release an Axon 7 successor this year.

• hokiealhokieal Posts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    My guess, if I had to make one, is CES or MWC. Same as @jasonscarter. But that is a wild guess at that. Whenever it is, I pray it supports Band 71 for T-Mobile. Otherwise I don't want it. Maybe.

@hollap I know that band 71 is the 600 MHz frequency but what frequency is band 66 that I see some phones have now?

Superset of band 4. T-Mobile has some of it.

@hokieal said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@hollap I know that band 71 is the 600 MHz frequency but what frequency is band 66 that I see some phones have now?

Superset of band 4. T-Mobile has some of it.

Here is a link to some useful info:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=570

Thanks for the link @hollap. I've got to hand it to T-Mobile. First they change the entire cellular industry with their pricing forcing Verizon and AT&T to change and they are now becoming a leader in cellular connection technology. Getting all that band 71 600 MHz frequency and also band 66 which Verizon and AT&T haven't launched yet. Verizon and AT&T must dislike John Legere very much putting it mildly.

So far, T-Mobile has proven to be making all the right moves at the right times. I love T-Mobile and can't wait for service to be extended even further. My next device will have Band 71. I won't buy a new device until it has it.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

Yeah everything is all hush hush, do we know if they are even working on that? We know there are other releases of devices. ZTE "Area 51 for Mobile Devices" . @sshasan @petershih @monger80 Lol!

• monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 12:19PM

it's called Alienware with UFO logo..... or we could call it Transformer.....

• omnomnomomnomnom Posts: 30 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

Either ZTE's making the Axon 8 completely secret or we're just going to wait forever. (Let's hope it's the first option)

• quantomikquantomik Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

I'm pretty sure there would have been leaks if there was a phone coming any time soon. I honestly think the lack of information is related to ZTE having to pay tons of money due to the suit.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

@monger80 said:
    it's called Alienware with UFO logo..... or we could call it Transformer.....

Naw you could call it beyond the Galaxy. Lol!! Or "the Farscape"

• kedlundkedlund United States of AmericaPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

I think the people in charge have lost their way, and have no idea what they are doing.
    They stopped making the Axon 7 before they have a replacement announced.
    So many bugs, some many break/fixes, so many complaints, they probably don't want that anymore.
    The lower featured phones is what ZTE is more famous for making, and imo. think that will be their near future.
    ZTE has been known for a long time as an OEM cheap phone maker, making lots of cheap phones.
    I think they are going back to that work plan.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 8:07PM
    Abandon all hope

@frodriguez2010 said:
    Yeah everything is all hush hush, do we know if they are even working on that? We know there are other releases of devices. ZTE "Area 51 for Mobile Devices" . @sshasan @petershih @monger80 Lol!

Given how 2017 has been there should have been a little leak if there was something lol.

The only thing I have heard so far is the 2017 Nubia phone which does sound interesting since it has an IR blaster but no word on a headphone jack.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandon all hope

@jimlloyd40 said:

@saeedted said:

@frodriguez2010 said:

Given how 2017 has been there should have been a little leak if there was something lol.

The only thing I have heard so far is the 2017 Nubia phone which does sound interesting since it has an IR blaster but no word on a headphone jack.

There's several other new phones yet to be officially announced for 2017.

From ZTE?

• isadikkisadikk Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

we will start getting news about next axon device in third week of September.