ZTE Always Freezes/Crashes

ZTEPhillipZTEPhillip ArizonaPosts: 3 ✭✭

What kind of phone freezes up from the basic and latest applications - Snapchat / Bleach brave souls / Skype / Netflix / Amazon Music Player

https://www.zteusa.com/blade-z-max

The phone can't run any basic apps without freezing up constantly. I have wiped my phone and even when it was brand new this phone isn't even a month old yet and It started freezing up. I'm not going to pay for a warranty fix cause then I'm just reaching for another waste of money I'm probably not going to recommend ZTE anymore This was my first time using it I'll switch back to alctel at least I can hear what i need to and i can see.

If there is any fixes I can do I've done all the troubleshooting guides and the results have not shown

Comments

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely not the best phone available but as long as you aren't running 2 or more of the above mentioned apps at the same time it should get by.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why you're having those issues. I multitask like a boss with my device...but also I don't have the Blade Z Max. Since you are posting in here I'm guessing you just got the device which means you would not have to pay for warranty service. Contact ZTE so they can help you.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 3:57PM

Hi @ZTEPhillip
    I been using the Blade Z with Amazon music/Netflix/Skype without any issues, some reloads here and there specially when comes chrome and other apps at the same time.

What I recommend is :

• Check for any new update and if you haven't updated do so.
    • after updating or not , i'll Backup the device and perform Factory reset ( even thou should be done , but base on my personal experience , I came to the conclusion to always perform a factory reset before starting my initial setup)
  • snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I remember how frustrating it was having pages reload every time you minimized and then returned. RAM management fail. I complained about that for months.

• I just got this phone Thursday and am having the same problems. I drive for Lyft and Uber and it's frustrating as heck to have the phone constantly freeze when trying to get to passengers. So many apps take forever to load. Starting to regret this decision. :(

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@snn5 said:
    Yes. I remember how frustrating it was having pages reload every time you minimized and then returned. RAM management fail. I complained about that for months.

You're right. 2 GB of RAM just isn't enough when the OS is constantly using 1.5 GB of RAM. Open a few apps and you're hitting the rev limiter. And when it says that you have 2 GB of RAM it's really only about 1.8 GB. So you only have 300 MB's to use.

• mrknight85mrknight85 Coxsackie New YorkPosts: 614 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you this device is not built to be a multitasking machine with only 2gb of ram it's a multimedia device I'm if you looking to do more multitasking maybe a zte device with more ram is better for you.

• @mrknight85 said:
    I can tell you this device is not built to be a multitasking machine with only 2gb of ram it's a multimedia device I'm if you looking to do more multitasking maybe a zte device with more ram is better for you.

It can't even function doing 1 task. Was in the middle of leaving my daughter a voicemail this morning and it froze. Couldn't end the call, couldn't do anything. Had to do a hard reset just to get it running again. So frustrating.

• mrknight85mrknight85 Coxsackie New YorkPosts: 614 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@thepanttherlady said:

@mrknight85 said:

It can't even function doing 1 task. Was in the middle of leaving my daughter a voicemail this morning and it froze. Couldn't end the call, couldn't do anything. Had to do a hard reset just to get it running again. So frustrating.

May be you need to take it back and get a new one or contact zte for help. I have not had any problems with my device yet.

For you guys whose phones are constantly freezing and you've tried a factory reset I would simply return the phone. Even with only 2GB of RAM it shouldn't freeze.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never experienced any freezing and I use many of the same apps mentioned here. I do agree it can be pretty slow to reload apps occasionally when you're switching, but it's also $129 and not any worse than phones with similar specs that sell for $200. With only 2GB of RAM, you have to expect it's going to take a little time to switch apps, but freezing is unusual for sure.

• nycourtclerknycourtclerk NYCPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

I tried the reset, didn't help. Shazam and Twitter still slow or stop responding.

@nycourtclerk said:
    I tried the reset, didn't help. Shazam and Twitter still slow or stop responding.

@nycourtclerk is it only those 2 apps that run slow or stop responding? If it's only those two then go to the settings and select the app and delete the cache and data and then try them. If they still run slow or stop responding try uninstalling and reinstalling them. If they still aren't right I would return the phone under warranty.

• nycourtclerknycourtclerk NYCPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@nycourtclerk said:

@nycourtclerk is it only those 2 apps that run slow or stop responding? If it's only those two then go to the settings and select the app and delete the cache and data and then try them. If they still run slow or stop responding try uninstalling and reinstalling them. If they still aren't right I would return the phone under warranty.

@jimlloyd40 Those aren't the only 2 apps, just that those are the 2 popular apps that I use. Surprisingly, never had this problem with the Zmax Pro. Go figure.

@nycourtclerk said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@nycourtclerk said:

@jimlloyd40 Those aren't the only 2 apps, just that those are the 2 popular apps that I use. Surprisingly, never had this problem with the Zmax Pro. Go figure.

@nycourtclerk what are the things that you've done to try and fix this? Without knowing exactly what you have done I would recommend clearing the cache in the main storage settings and wipe the cache partition in recovery and and then reboot. And then clear all recent apps. If you still have the problem I would return it under warranty. With only 2 GB of RAM it's not going to be a super snappy phone but it shouldn't be as bad as you described especially the freezing part. I have used that phone and I think that it's a great value considering the price. I did experience sluggishness and when it was sluggish I would close recent apps and clear the main storage cache. I only wipe the cache partition in recovery after I receive the phone for the first time and then after any system update.