RMA Repair Status Not Working

theboozertheboozer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Camera and Flashlight App (not the camera flashlight) stopped working on my Axon 7 (error message "can't connect to camera, etc...."), so I contacted ZTE customer service (resetting phone to factory, deleting data/cache, etc. did not work). They created an RMA and I shipped the phone to ZTE on 8/21, they received it on 8/24. Whenever I try to check the status of the repair, I receive "invalid log in, contact administrator". It has been 5 days since I notified customer service, they said they escalated the issue and it will be resolved very soon. To date, NOTHING!

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or am I the only "lucky" one?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would definitely reach out again when you get a chance and ask you the status and if they can issue a new RMA # or a way to track the status. As Jim mentioned the # is 800-617-5065

• theboozertheboozer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contacted customer service via chat and they were able to locate the RMA and give me the status of the repair.

I am wondering if the "invalid log in, contact administrator" error when I try to log-on to check the status is only happing with my RMA or others have had the same problem.

When I contacted customer service last week (Thursday or Friday) to check status, I was told that phone is in "Assess" stage and it will ship in 3.5 days. Today, I again contacted them through chat to see if it has shipped, Corinne responded that the info given to me before is NOT correct, the phone is only in "Received" status. So to be blunt, the agents I communicated with before were making things up, basically lying!

Corinne promised to follow up and escalate the issue to find out why the delay. She promised that some one will contact me by phone or email within the next 2 to 3 days. I hope she comes through. As for the lying agents, they MUST be fired for lying to customers!

The Camera and Flashlight App (not the camera flashlight) stopped working on my Axon 7 (error message "can't connect to camera, etc...."), so I contacted ZTE customer service (resetting phone to factory, deleting data/cache, etc. did not work). James created an RMA and I shipped the phone to ZTE on 8/21, they received it on 8/24. (Whenever I try to check the status of the repair online, I receive "invalid log in, contact administrator". It has been 10 days since I notified customer service of this error, they said they escalated the issue and it will be resolved very soon. To date, NOTHING!).

I contacted customer service on Friday the 25th to make sure they received it, they confirmed receipt. I contacted them again on Thursday the 31st to check status, I was told that phone is in "Assess" stage and it will ship in 3.5 days. Today, I again contacted them to see if it has shipped, Corinne responded that the info given to me before is NOT correct, the phone is only in "Received" status. So to be blunt, the agents I communicated with before were making things up, basically lying!

Corinne promised to follow up and escalate the issue to find out why the delay. She promised that some one will contact me by phone or email within the next 2 to 3 days. I hope she comes through. As for the lying agents, they MUST be fired for lying to customers!

I hope this will not be a repeat of the nightmares we had a couple of months ago when it took 30 days to get back my other Axon 7 RMA repair. The excuse then was "no parts, no replacement phones". I asked Corinne what is the excuse for the delay this time, of course she did not know.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2017 1:55PM

@theboozer said:
    The Camera and Flashlight App (not the camera flashlight) stopped working on my Axon 7 (error message "can't connect to camera, etc...."), so I contacted ZTE customer service (resetting phone to factory, deleting data/cache, etc. did not work). James created an RMA and I shipped the phone to ZTE on 8/21, they received it on 8/24. (Whenever I try to check the status of the repair online, I receive "invalid log in, contact administrator". It has been 10 days since I notified customer service of this error, they said they escalated the issue and it will be resolved very soon. To date, NOTHING!).

I contacted customer service on Friday the 25th to make sure they received it, they confirmed receipt. I contacted them again on Thursday the 31st to check status, I was told that phone is in "Assess" stage and it will ship in 3.5 days. Today, I again contacted them to see if it has shipped, Corinne responded that the info given to me before is NOT correct, the phone is only in "Received" status. So to be blunt, the agents I communicated with before were making things up, basically lying!

I hope this will not be a repeat of the nightmares we had a couple of months ago when it took 30 days to get back my other Axon 7 RMA repair. The excuse then was "no parts, no replacement phones". I asked Corinne what is the excuse for the delay this time, of course she did not know.

In an effort to consolidate threads I have merged your post together please do not create multiple threads about the same issue.

Thank you for merging this post with my earlier version and bringing the matter to my attention. I will pay more attention in the future. I made this post separate than the previous version for two reasons: the first was to update the status of my RMA, but more importantly, to apprise our fellow community members of the low state of affairs that ZTE customer service has fallen to the extent of lying to the customers.

I had major delays in getting my first Axon 7 repaired under the warranty (it took over 30 days to get it back); I should have learned my lesson before buying a second one!

Happy to rep[ort that today I received from ZTE the replacement Axon 7. The replacement seems to be operating well, the camera and flash are working. So thanks to ZTE, they deserve it!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,525 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2017 7:48PM

@theboozer said:
    Happy to rep[ort that today I received from ZTE the replacement Axon 7. The replacement seems to be operating well, the camera and flash are working. So thanks to ZTE, they deserve it!

Nice to hear this.

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had to send my phone in for repair and had excellent service throughout the entire process. They even offered to send me a replacement phone while my phone was being serviced, but I didn't need it since I had an old phone that I was able to use. Though I've never had to return a phone for warranty purposes, I understand things can happen, so the real test is how the company handles their warranties. Thankfully I didn't have the same experience others have had.