Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Moderator Posts: 1,126 admin
edited September 1, 2017 10:07AM in Axon

We've got great news for Axon 7 owners; another software update is upon us, rolling out in the next 48 hours. This update brings us to the latest build, B32, which incorporates several pieces of feedback from our community since the initial Nougat launch. Please find the release notes below:

Release Notes:

• Multi-user support added
  • Enhanced Daydream, Google's mobile VR platform, performance
  • Improved battery performance
  • Quick Settings Tiles support added
  • Night mode updated with adjustable scale
  • Modified notification from tone to vibrate on calls
  • Hiya app able to be updated via Google Play Store
  • Android Pay issue (isolated to 6GB/128GB version) resolved
  • Google security patches through August 1, 2017
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes

As of 11:05PM EDT on 8/30/2017 the issue with the OTA message saying that the device is updating to B25 has been corrected and now states B32

NOTE: It is always recommended to remove your SD card prior to software updates to avoid potential update interruptions.

Drop a line below after you've updated and share your first impressions!

Comments

• chrisrodsa210chrisrodsa210 San Antonio TXPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did MiFavor update?

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome update, users should also find it easier to work with the raw files from the camera :)

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,606 mod

@chrisrodsa210 said:
    Did MiFavor update?

MiFavor 4.2

great to see multi user support making its way back

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is an older post that was edited. What is different from the original post? Also battery life was mentioned as improved and everyone is complaining about battery life since this update.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! UPDATED! Too late to play with it now though. That'll have to wait for tomorrow.
    I do see that HiYa has been upgraded. Recently I have been getting notifications to update it,
    but then when it tried to install it would fail. Hopefully this update fixes that.

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Nice! UPDATED! Too late to play with it now though. That'll have to wait for tomorrow.
    I do see that HiYa has been upgraded. Recently I have been getting notifications to update it,
    but then when it tried to install it would fail. Hopefully this update fixes that.

@DoppelgangerD what am I not understanding about this pos? It was edited today but the update was a while ago.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@DoppelgangerD what am I not understanding about this pos? It was edited today but the update was a while ago.

Not sure what you mean, but the update for public users just went live within the past hour. From B25 to latest B32.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

The post was posted at 12am and then editted at 12:02 , likely due to a miss spelling or something

• Fantastic. I was hoping for quick tiles and an adjustable night mode. And multiuser was always a weird absence. Now we just need some clarity on Oreo.

@DoppelgangerD said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

Not sure what you mean, but the update for public users just went live within the past hour. From B25 to latest B32.

Sorry I misunderstood @DoppelgangerD.

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome to see an update :)

• fathermockerfathermocker ChilePosts: 3 ✭✭

Amazing! Thanks for keeping our device so updated. Any links for a flashable ZIP for us with unlocked bootloaders?

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    This is awesome news. It's great to see that ZTE continuous to hear users feedback and improve on the software front. The fact that we are still getting software update and improvements and new features is something that is quite rare for a phone that is an year old.

Exactly. We may not get frequent updates, but at least we get meaningful ones.

• fooofooo Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭

Updated fine here. No idea what quick tiles was before this update but now there's a whole bunch of new options I can choose from various apps, very nice!

That and the amazingly annoying notification tone fix, yay! Plus the hiya fix. So good, thanks!

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 6:18AM

Great Update!! Thank you for adding Quick Setting Tiles!!!!

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 6:20AM

IMO and you've seen my complaints... Modem performance is back to b29 marshmallow performance... Finally!

• J0hnnyM0nkJ0hnnyM0nk MeridenPosts: 1 ✭✭

IDK what happened but in July it was like 90 something if not a 100 degrees out and my phone was blazing hot after that my battery been overheating constantly I just decided to factory reset and I check for an update after that and just got this I hope this update helps me and everyone out and I have to say the amount of updates this phone has received is impressive for a lesser known company others should take note of that

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well done ZTE. Some great enhancements in this update!

• redbirdredbird Gotham CityPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭

Great, update seems to have gone well.
    Hiya updated through the playstore and it looks like the full app now is installed with access to all the settings, nice.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It certainly took awhile but it was worth it. So glad to have quick setting tiles in this update and enhancements to night mode.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the updates. But is the phone still with L3 certification

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job ZTE! Looks like a meaningful update for those on stock.

Kernel source please?

@acatrus said:
    Thanks for the updates. But is the phone still with L3 certification

I think at this point I would say that L3 is not coming. I could always be wrong, but I am not getting my hopes up.

• samwichsesamwichse Posts: 32 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else getting the same version number as before for the update?

Mine says:

Current version: A2017UV1.1.0B25 Update version: A2017UV1.1.0B25, Size 793.24MB

But then lists all the stuff that B32 is supposed to have.

Except, of course, camera2 API support and on-screen button support (the two things I wanted :-(, oh well).

edited August 31, 2017 9:04AM

@samwichse said:

Mine says:

> Current version: A2017UV1.1.0B25 > > Update version: A2017UV1.1.0B25, Size 793.24MB >

Except, of course, camera2 API support and on-screen button support (the two things I wanted :-(, oh well).

I don't need on screen buttons, but I did want Camera2 API support.

@samwichse said:

Mine says:

> Current version: A2017UV1.1.0B25 > > Update version: A2017UV1.1.0B25, Size 793.24MB >

Mine said the same. It will be B32 after it updates.

• mrjlturnermrjlturner Posts: 19 ✭✭✭✭

Yes! Updating right now! Just got the alert on my phone :) I was hoping for Oreo... but this is a step in the right direction :)