** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2017 3:22PM

@melvinchng and @texasmade1 try this:

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The weshare app pretty much saves just what is in the primary installation folder of an app. if an application uses additional folders outside of its primary one, then those folders will not be saved.for example, an offline GPS application may create a separate folder to store the maps, and in such a case weshare will not backup the maps.

If a game uses a separate folder for the gamesaves, then it will not backup the gamesaves.

A weshare backup is similar to backing up the installers for your windows applications, as well as the app data folder folder. restoring those 2 folders will restore the complete customizations for programs like web browsers, instant message clients such as discord and skype, and various other programs, but it will not backup gamesaves from your PC games which place them in the my documents folder.

Overall, it depends on the application and how it goes about saving progress.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2017 3:43PM

You should be able to back up your Nova layout with Google drive in Nova's settings. Use the WeShare app to back up your phone settings.

Which we share app? Found one for expenses? The axon 7 won't actually save things too SD card? Will there be a way to save game progress or settings in apps with logins?

It does allow you to save app data so it depends on how the data is saved by the game. WeShare is a great app for backups since it saves the actual apk files and data files and then copies them back it works much better than google back up which saves just a link for it to re-download the file from the playstore. It also takes alot less time to restore since it has the actual apks files its a very quick and easy process

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    The weshare app pretty much saves just what is in the primary installation folder of an app. if an application uses additional folders outside of its primary one, then those folders will not be saved.for example, an offline GPS application may create a separate folder to store the maps, and in such a case weshare will not backup the maps.

If a game uses a separate folder for the gamesaves, then it will not backup the gamesaves.

A weshare backup is similar to backing up the installers for your windows applications, as well as the app data folder folder. restoring those 2 folders will restore the complete customizations for programs like web browsers, instant message clients such as discord and skype, and various other programs, but it will not backup gamesaves from your PC games which place them in the my documents folder.

Is the backup data stored on the phone? How is it kept from being deleted during FDR?

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2017 4:04PM

Thank you @ram1220 & @hollap , it worked.

Other than the signal bar glitch that is now fixed, this update has been very good for me.. My phone is running smooth and the battery life is as good as it was before the update. Glad to have the security patch updated to the August patch level. The security updates are more important to me than an updated OS (Oreo)..

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ggreg said:

@razor512 said:

Is the backup data stored on the phone? How is it kept from being deleted during FDR?

The backup is saved to a micro SD card, if you do not have one, I think it can save to the internal storage, but in that case, you will have the connect the phone to your PC and manually copy and paste those files to a folder on your PC.

PS, if doing a FDR, do not check the box to also erase the micro SD card.

@texasmade1 said:

Other than the signal bar glitch that is now fixed, this update has been very good for me.. My phone is running smooth and the battery life is as good as it was before the update. Glad to have the security patch updated to the August patch level. The security updates are more important to me than an updated OS (Oreo)..

All thanks goes to @ram1220 for this one. He's the one that came up with the fix :)

@westside80 said:

It's great having a community full of people ready to help one another. Sometimes someone may have a fix for something that you would've never thought of but thanks to the community you found help. I love it. I love to see people solve their problem with the help of other community members.

Couldn't agree more @westside80

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

All thanks goes to @ram1220 for this one. He's the one that came up with the fix :)

It's great having a community full of people ready to help one another. Sometimes someone may have a fix for something that you would've never thought of but thanks to the community you found help. I love it. I love to see people solve their problem with the help of other community members.

@westside80 Well Said!!

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I was wrong about Auto Brightness being temporarily corrupted. It keeps getting stuck and turning it off and on makes the screen go dark.

• wuziqwuziq Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

DND settings from quick tiles.. YES! also thankful that i can remove some of the other tiles, too.

will explore more but for now i'm happy :)

I'm getting a force close when I tap to check my WLAN Data usage, I haven't ever had this bug which I can replicate over and over. Has anyone else ran into this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 , I just checked and I don't have such issue. Though I did do a factory reset after updating to the B32. I would suggest try to clear the cache to see if that would fix the issue.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2017 9:23AM

Question. I found the we share app but will it save things like an image? So when I reboot after factory reset, I can open chrome and my tabs will still be there? I backed up everything I needed and about to do the reset but figured I'd double check one last time. Thanks folks

• why's it say drive is disabled by my admin?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:
    Question. I found the we share app but will it save things like an image? So when I reboot after factory reset, I can open chrome and my tabs will still be there? I backed up everything I needed and about to do the reset but figured I'd double check one last time. Thanks folks

Are you talking about Google Drive?

yes. i went into the phones backup thing Advanced Settings > Backup & reset > google account > and its faded and says disabled by admin. is that something on my gmail or in the phone? want to reset this garbage device and see if it improves...

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

yes. i went into the phones backup thing Advanced Settings > Backup & reset > google account > and its faded and says disabled by admin. is that something on my gmail or in the phone? want to reset this garbage device and see if it improves...

Nothing is wrong with your phone, it's a bug that's going to be fixed 9/21 according to a chat that was done with Google's support team. Go into your Google Drive and select backups and see when the last one was done. Mine says the same thing, but yet it's been backing up as my latest backup was yesterday.

edited September 8, 2017 10:55AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@texasmade1 said:
    I'm getting a force close when I tap to check my WLAN Data usage, I haven't ever had this bug which I can replicate over and over. Has anyone else ran into this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can try the usual things like wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If those don't work you would have to decide if it's worth a factory reset.
    According to your screenshot you used 91.24 GB of WLAN data in slightly less than a month. All I can say is WOW. And you have your data usage warning set at 19.53 TB data usage warning. You certainly qualify as a power user.

@jimlloyd40 @samsamha Thank you both for responding.
    I already did all of the above but I will do them all again, if it doesn't work I'll just stay out of that area so it doesn't drive me crazy ;)
    As far as my data usage, that's actually a pretty low amount for me as I stream everything from music to movies and I usually end up using at least 150 GB on my WLAN. I hardly ever use my cell data (about 1 GB a month) as I'm always connected to Wifi.

• mrbostonmrboston BostonPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to say...

I have T-Mobile and the last update lowered my signal quality... I drive home and have one area where I usually drop my connection in a 1/4 mile range... but after the last update this range was MUCH bigger... more like 3/4 miles. I googled this and many people were effected.

THIS UPDATE FIXED THIS PROBLEM!!! and now my phone is back to normal.

And this update makes the phone more speedy... Very nice update. Lets hope we get Android 8.

I was very happy with this phone until the last update... I hope I will become happy again. For my next phone I want a 6" screen... I hope Axon 8 does this (but I doubt it).

• mrbostonmrboston BostonPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Wanted to add... I wiped the cache partition before I did the update and after I did the update... just did not want to take any chances. Update went VERY SMOOTH.

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

Progress for most games are saved by Google, but not all. It depends on the game.

• chunkybunzchunkybunz Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOVE the update. security updates, night mode, tiles... wicked fantastic!!!!! Thank you zte support team!!!! BUT battery has dropped like 10% during normal use which isn't wicked fantastic . Any other concerns have been addressed in the survey! One "open" gripe: what's the point of qhd, omeld, ppi's if you cant stream in hd???

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

I wouldn't bother resetting it. Mine says the same thing but I verified in my Google account that Drive is actively synchronizing.

Dont bother reformatting the phone? the signal sucks, it overheats every 10 seconds, battery doesnt last as long, etc... I havent done a factory reset since purchase...

Did a factory reset and its overheating while installing all the apps from backup and i have zero service now lol