** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

No I'm talking about. I'm talking about the module clicking when i'd open an app like gallery or something

I've had that happen for a while, it's just the rear facing camera turning on and quickly moving back into the center. That, for some reason causes a clicking sound.

But it shouldn't do that especially when he wasn't opening the camera itself.

This is true. Although again I'm not sure why this happens in the first place.

@14blank40 it's the OIS motor and it should not do that. If yours is doing that I would exchange it under warranty.

@xblackdemonx said:
    Why can't we get Camera 2 API?

@xblackdemonx because ZTE doesn't bother to include it in an update. It is just a software update.

• AlexBAlexB Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Well... Since that b32 update video is not smooth anymore. Usually freezes for an instant but sometimes it freezes completely, even though the sound keeps going on.
    This happens to all sort of videos. Not only when streaming video but it also happens when watching videos from my own gallery.

It might be a coincidence... I don't know. Is anyone else experimenting the same problem?

• 14blank4014blank40 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

No I'm talking about. I'm talking about the module clicking when i'd open an app like gallery or something

I've had that happen for a while, it's just the rear facing camera turning on and quickly moving back into the center. That, for some reason causes a clicking sound.

@14blank40 it's the OIS motor and it should not do that. If yours is doing that I would exchange it under warranty.

@jimlloyd40 I live in Canada and I haven't heard many good things about the exchange here specially. On top of that, my camera and everything else seems to function just fine so I'm not too concerned with it

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 I live in Canada and I haven't heard many good things about the exchange here specially. On top of that, my camera and everything else seems to function just fine so I'm not too concerned with it

I thought that I read that you were having the problem with the OIS. If you do and it's minor then your okay but others have reported that it keeps getting worse and won't take a clear picture.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

I thought that I read that you were having the problem with the OIS. If you do and it's minor then your okay but others have reported that it keeps getting worse and won't take a clear picture.

It's just a small click sound that I hear when I use the camera. Plus I've had it for at least 4-5 months and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'd assume that it's not the same problem.

• eclipseddkeclipseddk Posts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone encounter random restarts? I've had 2 in the past 12 hours. One while in the middle of a facebook messenger video chat and the other when a phone call came in while in a facebook messenger call. When I updated I did a fdr and wiped my cache several times just to avoid any weird glitches and performance issues. It's been super smooth up until those random restarts.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 309 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @maverick you do realize that the buzzing is the OIS motor don't you. If that persist and it's likely it will I would exchange it under warranty. The OIS motor going bad is turning into a big problem.

Yes. I know. they told me its the module and i could send it in for warranty repair or replace, but the stipulation of moisture inside could void that and i'd be charged for shipping back or repair. I've had the phone long enough that there will surely be moisture from humidity or dropping it in sink or something. So i just opted to let it go. I dont use the camera much anyway. Well after a while the buzzing stopped or was minimal. AFter reformat i havent heard it at all either. so maybe it got pushed back in place.

Right now I reboote dmy phone and when it came up to the pattern to unlock it it made a loud sound i havent heard before. After i put in my pattern it said "checking..." and then made the same loud sound. What is that? a knock?

• M25201M25201 Cincinnati, OHPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've just got this phone last week, had Android 6 and updated it all the way to B32. I've had no issues and I love this device!

• westside80westside80 KentuckyPosts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @maverick you do realize that the buzzing is the OIS motor don't you. If that persist and it's likely it will I would exchange it under warranty. The OIS motor going bad is turning into a big problem.

Yes. I know. they told me its the module and i could send it in for warranty repair or replace, but the stipulation of moisture inside could void that and i'd be charged for shipping back or repair. I've had the phone long enough that there will surely be moisture from humidity or dropping it in sink or something. So i just opted to let it go. I dont use the camera much anyway. Well after a while the buzzing stopped or was minimal. AFter reformat i havent heard it at all either. so maybe it got pushed back in place.

Right now I reboote dmy phone and when it came up to the pattern to unlock it it made a loud sound i havent heard before. After i put in my pattern it said "checking..." and then made the same loud sound. What is that? a knock?

Of course dropping it in the water would void the warranty. If your phone has water damage then that could very well be what is causing the problem.

• klevklev Posts: 86 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eclipseddk said:
    Anyone encounter random restarts? I've had 2 in the past 12 hours. One while in the middle of a facebook messenger video chat and the other when a phone call came in while in a facebook messenger call. When I updated I did a fdr and wiped my cache several times just to avoid any weird glitches and performance issues. It's been super smooth up until those random restarts.

Did you notice if the phone was warm to touch when it restarted? Ive noticed some phones restart it gets to hot.

edited September 13, 2017 6:51PM

@klev The weird part is it wasn't. I know sometimes it gets warm if I'm on a call plus browsing chrome or Reddit but I was doing neither. Just staring at the call screen bam restart. It was weird that it booted back up to the lock screen in about 2 seconds. But I decided to restart it again because I didn't trust that boot.

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

It's just a small click sound that I hear when I use the camera. Plus I've had it for at least 4-5 months and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'd assume that it's not the same problem.

You're not talking about the shutter tone are you?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@14blank40 said:

@maverick said:

You're not talking about the shutter tone are you?

Nope

• klevklev Posts: 86 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eclipseddk said:
    @klev The weird part is it wasn't. I know sometimes it gets warm if I'm on a call plus browsing chrome or Reddit but I was doing neither. Just staring at the call screen bam restart. It was weird that it booted back up to the lock screen in about 2 seconds. But I decided to restart it again because I didn't trust that boot.

Sounds like it wasnt a restart then. Rather just the temporary freeze mode, likely to occur if available RAM is low, just like on a computer. Was it sluggish before it went out? Do you have a battery app? You can check whats running in the background

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Of course dropping it in the water would void the warranty. If your phone has water damage then that could very well be what is causing the problem.

well yes but i'm saying theres no actual water damage but there will most likely show moisture spec inside. humidity in a bathroom or droplets of water sprinkled on it. obv. so i'm not going to send it in in perfectly working condition and have them say i have to pay to have it shipped back.

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

well yes but i'm saying theres no actual water damage but there will most likely show moisture spec inside. humidity in a bathroom or droplets of water sprinkled on it. obv. so i'm not going to send it in in perfectly working condition and have them say i have to pay to have it shipped back.

If you haven't dropped it in water I highly doubt it would show water damage. That's all I'm saying. It's your phone. Do what you want to with it. Good luck.

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

If you haven't dropped it in water I highly doubt it would show water damage. That's all I'm saying. It's your phone. Do what you want to with it. Good luck.

I had another phone years ago that i sent into verizon and they said it had water damage even though it was never in a puddle or spilled on... if its in a humid setting it can collect moisture which can they can then claim as damage. I think its a sticker inside that indicates that? I dont recall now. not a big deal

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

I had another phone years ago that i sent into verizon and they said it had water damage even though it was never in a puddle or spilled on... if its in a humid setting it can collect moisture which can they can then claim as damage. I think its a sticker inside that indicates that? I dont recall now. not a big deal

Yeah, there's a little white sticker that turns red if liquid touches it but I've never had that happen before so I don't know. I would think that they would make the little sticker so it wouldn't turn red with just steam or humidity but I don't know that for sure.

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Yeah, there's a little white sticker that turns red if liquid touches it but I've never had that happen before so I don't know. I would think that they would make the little sticker so it wouldn't turn red with just steam or humidity but I don't know that for sure.

Yeah true, plus it was verizon so I'm sure they would flat out lie to get more money out of customer as thats their M.O.

Here's another thing I'm noticing now. I restart my phone and after I put in my pattern, it loads wallpaper and says "android is upgrading...." not sure why? o.O

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Yeah true, plus it was verizon so I'm sure they would flat out lie to get more money out of customer as thats their M.O.

Here's another thing I'm noticing now. I restart my phone and after I put in my pattern, it loads wallpaper and says "android is upgrading...." not sure why? o.O

Not sure. It usually only says that right after an update.

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Granted you are at the mercy of the company you send it back to for the honesty regarding water damage. But if you know you never had a situation that could cause water damage that's a risk I would take. Water damage from humidity has to be extremely rare or otherwise areas of the world that do experience very high humidity couldn't use smartphones. The main way for water damage to occur on a phone that wasn't dropped in water or had liquid spilled on it would come from the phone getting very hot and then suddenly cooled very fast causing moisture to form inside the phone. And @maverick it does suck to be at the mercy of a company to trust their honesty.

Anyone else experiencing thier WiFi calling dropping off after an hour or so?

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every now and then my WiFi calling drops and refuses to work again until I restart my phone but it seems very random. Most times it will go for days without needing to be restarted. Once I had major problems with it not working, but after I restarted my routers it worked great again. Try restarting your router.

• burnsy1burnsy1 VirginiaPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with unlocking the phone since this update. The fingerprint randomly won't unlock the phone or wake it. If I press the power button the screen will come on but not allow me to type in the password or unlock with my fingerprint. After some period of time it will work again. I tried removing the sd card and doing a factory reset, but the issue still occurs. I'm considering going back to the previous version unless anyone has any ideas.

@burnsy1 said:
    I'm having issues with unlocking the phone since this update. The fingerprint randomly won't unlock the phone or wake it. If I press the power button the screen will come on but not allow me to type in the password or unlock with my fingerprint. After some period of time it will work again. I tried removing the sd card and doing a factory reset, but the issue still occurs. I'm considering going back to the previous version unless anyone has any ideas.

You're talking about the A7 right? Do you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed? I haven't heard of it affecting the A7 just the A7 Mini. If you do have the latest Facebook app installed you could uninstall it just to see if the problem persists.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

You're talking about the A7 right? Do you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed? I haven't heard of it affecting the A7 just the A7 Mini. If you do have the latest Facebook app installed you could uninstall it just to see if the problem persists.

Yes I have the A7, I do have the latest Facebook app installed... I'll try uninstalling anyhow... I also discovered recently that the notification light isn't working for texting applications... it seems to only be working for missed calls. I've checked the notification settings and all seems good. It seems like this became a problem a few days after the update so I'm confused.

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

Yes I have the A7, I do have the latest Facebook app installed... I'll try uninstalling anyhow... I also discovered recently that the notification light isn't working for texting applications... it seems to only be working for missed calls. I've checked the notification settings and all seems good. It seems like this became a problem a few days after the update so I'm confused.

One thing that I always do after a system update is wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. This usually squashes the little bugs.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

One thing that I always do after a system update is wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. This usually squashes the little bugs.

Thanks, I've just tried that... but still no notification light.

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

Thanks, I've just tried that... but still no notification light.

I know that it's not a fix but I'm sure that you're aware of apps that you can use for notifications until the built-in function is fixed.