Comments

• burnsy1burnsy1 VirginiaPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:
    I'm having issues with unlocking the phone since this update. The fingerprint randomly won't unlock the phone or wake it. If I press the power button the screen will come on but not allow me to type in the password or unlock with my fingerprint. After some period of time it will work again. I tried removing the sd card and doing a factory reset, but the issue still occurs. I'm considering going back to the previous version unless anyone has any ideas.

You're talking about the A7 right? Do you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed? I haven't heard of it affecting the A7 just the A7 Mini. If you do have the latest Facebook app installed you could uninstall it just to see if the problem persists.

Yes I have the A7, I do have the latest Facebook app installed... I'll try uninstalling anyhow... I also discovered recently that the notification light isn't working for texting applications... it seems to only be working for missed calls. I've checked the notification settings and all seems good. It seems like this became a problem a few days after the update so I'm confused.

One thing that I always do after a system update is wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. This usually squashes the little bugs.

Thanks, I've just tried that... but still no notification light.

I know that it's not a fix but I'm sure that you're aware of apps that you can use for notifications until the built-in function is fixed.

Most of what I've found discussing those apps is that they don't seem to work on the Axon... I'll try lightflow anyhow.

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:
    I'm having issues with unlocking the phone since this update. The fingerprint randomly won't unlock the phone or wake it. If I press the power button the screen will come on but not allow me to type in the password or unlock with my fingerprint. After some period of time it will work again. I tried removing the sd card and doing a factory reset, but the issue still occurs. I'm considering going back to the previous version unless anyone has any ideas.

You're talking about the A7 right? Do you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed? I haven't heard of it affecting the A7 just the A7 Mini. If you do have the latest Facebook app installed you could uninstall it just to see if the problem persists.

Yes I have the A7, I do have the latest Facebook app installed... I'll try uninstalling anyhow... I also discovered recently that the notification light isn't working for texting applications... it seems to only be working for missed calls. I've checked the notification settings and all seems good. It seems like this became a problem a few days after the update so I'm confused.

One thing that I always do after a system update is wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. This usually squashes the little bugs.

I know that it's not a fix but I'm sure that you're aware of apps that you can use for notifications until the built-in function is fixed.

Most of what I've found discussing those apps is that they don't seem to work on the Axon... I'll try lightflow anyhow.

Lightflow doesn't seem to work... the virbrations come through when set up... but the light does nothing. It's like something is blocking access to the lights, unless its a missed call.

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

So I thought I'd try to revert back, except I couldn't find a download for the previous version. So I downloaded the current update to the sd card and re-installed it. So far the notifications are working as they should, and I've not had issue with unlocking the phone, however that problem seemed to develop over a period of days. Fingers crossed.

• asianpianomanasianpianoman Posts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want to comment: For the first 3 or 4 days on B32, my battery life was pure garbage. It would be drained after 8 hours of standby, maybe 45-60 minutes of SOT. Ever since though, battery life just magically got better, and it's the best it's ever been since I got my A7 in August '16. The standby time seems to have improved a ton. I guess I'll chock those first few days to this supposed Android battery life adaptation/learning thing I keep hearing about.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think mine has gotten a bit better as well.

@asianpianoman said:
    I just want to comment: For the first 3 or 4 days on B32, my battery life was pure garbage. It would be drained after 8 hours of standby, maybe 45-60 minutes of SOT. Ever since though, battery life just magically got better, and it's the best it's ever been since I got my A7 in August '16. The standby time seems to have improved a ton. I guess I'll chock those first few days to this supposed Android battery life adaptation/learning thing I keep hearing about.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@burnsy1 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

So I thought I'd try to revert back, except I couldn't find a download for the previous version. So I downloaded the current update to the sd card and re-installed it. So far the notifications are working as they should, and I've not had issue with unlocking the phone, however that problem seemed to develop over a period of days. Fingers crossed.

I have my fingers crossed for you as well.

@dnewman007 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

All was well for a few days, but now it's back to randomly not letting me unlock the phone, and texting apps aren't pushing a blinking notification anymore. I may try a different launcher for the heck of it... but I'm not sure what else I could do.

@westside80 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@dnewman007 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

All was well for a few days, but now it's back to randomly not letting me unlock the phone, and texting apps aren't pushing a blinking notification anymore. I may try a different launcher for the heck of it... but I'm not sure what else I could do.

Could you return it? Once you've tried everything there's nothing else you can do but try to get it replaced. Have you tried to remove your fingerprints and then redo them?

I have redone my fingerprints, I did a factory reset when I initially started having the problem. I also re-installed the updated from sd card rather than the ota, both forced me to redo the fingerprint. Having said that... I think the problem is further up the chain. When it's not working... the fingerprint won't wake the screen. If I hit the power button the screen will wake, but the thumprint icon does not display, and I have no option to enter in my password. It's almost like it's lagging.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@westside80 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@dnewman007 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

Could you return it? Once you've tried everything there's nothing else you can do but try to get it replaced. Have you tried to remove your fingerprints and then redo them?

I have redone my fingerprints, I did a factory reset when I initially started having the problem. I also re-installed the updated from sd card rather than the ota, both forced me to redo the fingerprint. Having said that... I think the problem is further up the chain. When it's not working... the fingerprint won't wake the screen. If I hit the power button the screen will wake, but the thumprint icon does not display, and I have no option to enter in my password. It's almost like it's lagging.

I agree with @westside80 you've done all that you can do and a different launcher shouldn't change anything. Even if a different launcher would fix it you shouldn't be put in that position. I would return it.

I seemed to have been able to resolve the notification light issue. While lightflow doesn't work, there is an app called "led blinker" that does seem to work so far. I'm ok with that for now, I'm not sure about the unlock issue yet... I did try uninstalling some unused apps... and the issue was intermittent. I'm going to keep my eye on that, and figure out if the pain is worth returning the phone.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was hoping this update would stop repeat text messages but it didnt. I'm on Tmobile with my A7 and i still get repeat texts or send repeat texts. sometimes i'll receive a text 2 or 3 times. And others will say they got it 2 or 3 times. It's not every text but it is occasional and its a nuisance. Any ideas? I've cleared partition cache, I've pulled sim, I've talked to tmobile, i've reset apns... i dunno

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2017 10:12PM

@burnsy1 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@burnsy1 said:

So I thought I'd try to revert back, except I couldn't find a download for the previous version. So I downloaded the current update to the sd card and re-installed it. So far the notifications are working as they should, and I've not had issue with unlocking the phone, however that problem seemed to develop over a period of days. Fingers crosse

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:
    Was hoping this update would stop repeat text messages but it didnt. I'm on Tmobile with my A7 and i still get repeat texts or send repeat texts. sometimes i'll receive a text 2 or 3 times. And others will say they got it 2 or 3 times. It's not every text but it is occasional and its a nuisance. Any ideas? I've cleared partition cache, I've pulled sim, I've talked to tmobile, i've reset apns... i dunno

Do you have more than one texting client installed?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

That's very odd. I use the A7 with Tmo and have never had the issues you describe.
    Are you using a 3rd party messaging app?
    As a last resort you may want to try resetting the phone to factory default settings.

• AzarAzar Melrose ParkPosts: 1 ✭✭

My phone turn on and off by it self no data no service, reset phone and now I can't get any updates ZTE please help.

edited September 25, 2017 9:58PM

Yeah I have Google messenger. Set it as default but didnt uninstall the stock app. its not all the time. its random times. sometimes someone will text me and i'll receive the same text 2 or 3 times on google messenger. i dont know.

signal still sucks

• Anyone else having issues with Wi-Fi calling since the update? I have noticed when my phone is making calls via Wi-Fi after a min or so I can hear my caller but the caller can not he at me at all... Every call on Wi-Fi does this anyone with any suggestions?

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:
    Yeah I have Google messenger. Set it as default but didnt uninstall the stock app. its not all the time. its random times. sometimes someone will text me and i'll receive the same text 2 or 3 times on google messenger. i dont know.

signal still sucks

@maverick Go to Android Authority. They just published an article talking about Android Messages being broken after latest update. They said some people aren't getting their messages and some are getting duplicate messages. You can read the article. Maybe that's what's happening to you?

Interesting. I'll check it out. Its been going on since I first started using the phone with the stock messaging app too.

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

signal still sucks

@maverick Go to Android Authority. They just published an article talking about Android Messages being broken after latest update. They said some people aren't getting their messages and some are getting duplicate messages. You can read the article. Maybe that's what's happening to you?

Interesting. I'll check it out. Its been going on since I first started using the phone with the stock messaging app too.

Oh, okay. I don't know then. I thought you were using Android Messages. If it's happening with stock too I don't know. Maybe just try putting one Texting app on your phone and delete the rest if you haven't already tried it. I would still check out that article on Android Authority.

no I'm saying i've been getting and supposedly others are receiving from me, duplicate messages. Other day i got the same message 3 times from one person. I do use google messenger but I'm saying before i downloaded another messaging app i used the stock one.

Anyway, in regard to signal, any way of boosting taht with an app or internal settings?

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 said:

@maverick said:

signal still sucks

Oh, okay. I don't know then. I thought you were using Android Messages. If it's happening with stock too I don't know. Maybe just try putting one Texting app on your phone and delete the rest if you haven't already tried it. I would still check out that article on Android Authority.

no I'm saying i've been getting and supposedly others are receiving from me, duplicate messages. Other day i got the same message 3 times from one person. I do use google messenger but I'm saying before i downloaded another messaging app i used the stock one.

Anyway, in regard to signal, any way of boosting taht with an app or internal settings?

The texting issue could be a carrier issue, or SIM card problem. There are no ways I know of to increase signal strength apart from taking the device apart and messing with the antennas. In other words, apps or settings will not work. Others may have ideas though.