** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• DamonkatzeDamonkatze Nunyabizness USAPosts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 6:18PM

First of all, I am a minimalist.
    I noticed after this update that my battery drains much much faster! I used to be able to go 3 days without charging. Now since Build B32, I have to recharge every day. No app settings have been changed that I can see, no fast draining apps, etc.. I like improvements, but I find I regret downloading new builds now.
    One option I would love to see is the ability to downgrade to the previous build if one doesn't like the new one.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Damonkatze said:
    First of all, I am a minimalist.
    I noticed after this update that my battery drains much much faster! I used to be able to go 3 days without charging. Now since Build B32, I have to recharge every day. No app settings have been changed that I can see, no fast draining apps, etc.. I like improvements, but I find I regret downloading new builds now.
    One option I would love to see is the ability to downgrade to the previous build if one doesn't like the new one.

That's kind of par for the course when it comes to updates sometimes. You can always try clearing the cache in the settings menu, and booting the phone to the recovery menu and clear the cache there too and see if that helps. If it still doesn't help the problem you can also try backing up your device, resetting the phone to factory default settings, and then restoring your info.

• architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting terrible battery life with this update... Is the next update coming anytime soon? Fixing battery life is a must!

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I was going crazy but seems like a lot of people also have bad battery life. Used this build for months now and it has difficulties lasting all day comfortably.

• ctrlamitdelctrlamitdel AmericaPosts: 5 ✭✭

my battery has been rly bad since this update also still no camera2api support!?

• bkakusbkakus Anchorage, Alaska, USAPosts: 66 ✭✭✭

After the update, my camera is much slower, and lagging.
    Battery life decreased.
    The phone is lagging a lot!!!!!
    Anyone has any clue? I rather have the last update back because the phone was smooth and camera was smooth.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bkakus said:
    Battery life decreased.
    Anyone has any clue? I rather have the last update back because the phone was smooth and camera was smooth.

After updating to a new ROM, it is best to always clear the cache from the recovery menu, as well as the app cache from the storage menu.

As it rebuilds a new cache, the device may not perform at its best, but once that is all done, the device should provide a smooth and snappy experience.

Nope, the lack of a headphone jack is too much of a deal breaker.
    For that price, there should be no compromises on a smartphone.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017 12:59AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@razor512 said:

@bkakus said:
    Battery life decreased.

After updating to a new ROM, it is best to always clear the cache from the recovery menu, as well as the app cache from the storage menu.

As it rebuilds a new cache, the device may not perform at its best, but once that is all done, the device should provide a smooth and snappy experience.

@razor512 don't you feel compelled to purchase the new Razor phone? It does have your name on it. :D

but it doesn't have 512GB of storage, lol

edited November 3, 2017 2:55PM

snip
    moved to on-topic thread

edited November 3, 2017 2:54PM

snip
    moved to on-topic thread

Once again we are of topic though, so let's not derail this one any further.
    Feel free to refresh a thread of the same topic, or start a new one.
    Thanks.

edited November 3, 2017 2:05AM

Comment moved to https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/51619/headphone-jack#latest, (just noticed I can't delete my replies :) )

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@razor512 said:

@bkakus said:
    Battery life decreased.

@razor512 don't you feel compelled to purchase the new Razor phone? It does have your name on it. :D

I know this is going to be a stupid question but who makes this Razor phone ya'll are talking about? All I can find in a search is the old flip phone by Motorola. I'd like to check out this Razor.

@ram1220 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@razor512 said:

@bkakus said:
    Battery life decreased.

I know this is going to be a stupid question but who makes this Razor phone ya'll are talking about? All I can find in a search is the old flip phone by Motorola. I'd like to check out this Razor.

Razer, not Razor
    https://www.razerzone.com/mobile/razer-phone

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2017 3:25PM

Ok thanks guys :smile:

Edit: I like!!

• chppachppa Posts: 4 ✭✭

Is there any more future updates coming to this phone?

I'd like to see at least some security updates.

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@chppa said:
    Is there any more future updates coming to this phone?

I'd like to see at least some security updates.

Don't take my word for it, but someone in ZTE's beta program claims it will get Oreo. We will see.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hate to bump an old thread, but I need to voice my opinion on this update; the battery life tanked hard. It has come to a point where I can barely scrape by a day, and it's getting frustrating.