** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

1101112131416»

Comments

• westside80westside80 KentuckyPosts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:
    @westside80 I looked and play services is at 1% but i noticed earlier while viewing facebook or something i dont remember, i saw my phone go from 17% to 16% then almost immediately to 15% then lingered a bit. I guess android is designed so apps run all the time for no reason so its just constantly using power.

But that comes to an end with Oreo. Oreo changes how background apps work. I wouldn't worry about the phone sticking on a percentage and then immediately falling. I've had phones do that before. My Pixel XL will do it sometimes. As long as it doesn't do it a lot. If Google Play Services is at 1% then you should be good to go. It shouldn't get over 5% through a full charge.

• Poopie1960Poopie1960 USAPosts: 1 ✭✭

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum and I am new to the community. I just got an Unlocked Axon 7 today from Amazon. I tried to update it and it says its up to date. But the build is B11, and Android Version 6.0.1. Does anyone know how to update it. Also I'm in the US an it came with a Euro charger, is this a Euro phone? Is that why it won't update? I have ATT service and I'm only getting 3G data service. I'm thinking maybe I should send this back.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:
    @westside80 I looked and play services is at 1% but i noticed earlier while viewing facebook or something i dont remember, i saw my phone go from 17% to 16% then almost immediately to 15% then lingered a bit. I guess android is designed so apps run all the time for no reason so its just constantly using power.

@maverick some processes have to run continuously but not all the apps run in the background all. Actually very few.

@Poopie1960 said:
    Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum and I am new to the community. I just got an Unlocked Axon 7 today from Amazon. I tried to update it and it says its up to date. But the build is B11, and Android Version 6.0.1. Does anyone know how to update it. Also I'm in the US an it came with a Euro charger, is this a Euro phone? Is that why it won't update? I have ATT service and I'm only getting 3G data service. I'm thinking maybe I should send this back.

You should send it back. Something doesn't sound right and that's proabaly why it won't update.

edited December 6, 2017 1:29AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

@maverick some processes have to run continuously but not all the apps run in the background all. Actually very few.

You'd be surprised at how many apps run in the background. It depends on how many apps you have installed and whether or not you go through and force close the apps you don't regularly use one by one. Even then, some of them start back up on their own. Most people probably don't do that and the only way you can see which apps are running in the background is to go to "running servcies" in developer options. Depending on which model phone you have. Any app that you have push notifications set up for is running in the background. Maybe not constantly but it's running. Oreo gives the user more control over background running apps. You can even choose whether or not Google Play Services runs in the background or not on Oreo just by tapping a toggle and you can do that for most apps, on Oreo.

@Poopie1960 said:

@Poopie1960 that's the global version. You should definitely return it. You can check places like Newegg but I'm not sure the US version is available new anywhere. If you can't find any new models there's several used ones for sale on eBay.

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

You'd be surprised at how many apps run in the background. It depends on how many apps you have installed and whether or not you go through and force close the apps you don't regularly use one by one. Even then, some of them start back up on their own. Most people probably don't do that and the only way you can see which apps are running in the background is to go to "running servcies" in developer options. Depending on which model phone you have. Any app that you have push notifications set up for is running in the background. Maybe not constantly but it's running. Oreo gives the user more control over background running apps. You can even choose whether or not Google Play Services runs in the background or not on Oreo just by tapping a toggle and you can do that for most apps, on Oreo.

@westside80 if I was to stop Google Play Services from running in the background besides manually checking for app updates what else would be turned off?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 if I was to stop Google Play Services from running in the background besides manually checking for app updates what else would be turned off?

You can't stop Google Play Services. It'll start right back up. On Oreo you can toggled a switch that will limit the activity but not completely stop it. I leave it fully running but for those who wish to limit it the option is there.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@maverick said:

@westside80 when you had the wake lock problem with Google Play Services did you have run in the background turned off?

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @westside80 when you had the wake lock problem with Google Play Services did you have run in the background turned off?

I tried it both ways. My problem was something to do with Google Play Services but it wasn't that. The Play Services Beta update fixed my issue.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and now, I cant use speaker phone while on a call b/c it mutes my microphone apparently... jesus christ i'm so tired of this damn phones continuous problems...

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Poopie1960 said:

It sounds to me like you may have received the international version of the Axon 7 and not the version meant for use in the USA. Especially since it came with a European charger.
    There are ways to make the phone work in the US if you are very tech savy, but unless you are into that kind of stuff, I would highly suggest sending it back. It's not going to work well in the US in it's current state.

• wongster82wongster82 nycPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017 12:33PM

Would B32 fix the camera focus issue?
    Right now i'm still on B25, and every time I need to use the camera I have to tap the phone in order for it to focus. Literally banging it to make it work.

thanks,
    kevin

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Poopie1960 said:

@Poopie1960 that's the global version. You should definitely return it. You can check places like Newegg but I'm not sure the US version is available new anywhere. If you can't find any new models there's several used ones for sale on eBay.

I purchased my Axon 7 from Best Buy. I'm on AT&T also and it has LTE.