Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Aerospaceman said:
    Hello All. Just a quick note. The device might say that it is updating from B25 to B25 but in fact it will show B32 after the update. This was just a typo that the engineers are working to resolve.

Thanks for the update @Aerospaceman !

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you ZTE.

• saeedtedsaeedted TexasPosts: 668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 11:44AM
    • Improved battery performance
    • Quick Settings Tiles support added

Happy to see those! :D although I am worried about the overall health of my battery.

Does > Miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes

mean Camera2api???

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@saeedted said:

mean Camera2api???

Unfortunately, no. :/

@DoppelgangerD said:

@saeedted said:

mean Camera2api???

:'(

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@saeedted said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@saeedted said:

mean Camera2api???

:'( same here @saeedted

• blatidoblatido Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated here... will toy with new features later.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a nice update, but no L1 certification is deceiving. It's still one of the best for the money phone. Hope it gets supported for a long time

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Shout out to @stevec5375. I hope that you saw this. Android Pay should be working for you now.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,606 mod

@hollap said:

@saeedted said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@saeedted said:

mean Camera2api???

:'( its definitely high on most members list of things that NEED to make it to the Axon 7 soon

• I'm honestly proud I purchased a ZTE phone the track record for most Chinese OEMs is horrible but ZTE is doing a fine job with their phone the only thing that I hate about this device is if I drop it half my screen looks like static but a simple tap in the back usually resolves it now the update is good definitely a step in the right direction with security an such just kinda depressing we didn't get mifavor 5.0 but hey that'll probably come with the Android O update wink wink ZTE great phone

• qarimanqariman torontoPosts: 1 ✭✭

WOW! I literally just got my phone and can get the update. great stuff ZTE.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@musicdjm said:

@hollap said:

@saeedted said:

:'( its definitely high on most members list of things that NEED to make it to the Axon 7 soon

:p

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE I appreciate the fixes for Android Pay on the Premium model. I will be waiting for the weekend to do this update to give it time for the dust to settle.

Does anyone know what version of Android this is based on? (7.1.1 or 7.1.2) There are supposedly quite a lot of Bluetooth fixes by Google in Android 7.1.2.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 101 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome! I am updating now!

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevec5375 said:
    ZTE I appreciate the fixes for Android Pay on the Premium model. I will be waiting for the weekend to do this update to give it time for the dust to settle.

Does anyone know what version of Android this is based on? (7.1.1 or 7.1.2) There are supposedly quite a lot of Bluetooth fixes by Google in Android 7.1.2.

It's 7.1.1

• mastewmanmastewman Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

Thank you!!! ZTE for this update... :)

• aexcorpaexcorp Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks a lot to the whole ZTE team!

Phone is noticeably snappier both in terms of performance (app launch for example) and in terms of UI smoothness. Finally we have caught up with some really critical security patches, which I've been complaining about on this forum for a while now, and the ability to edit tiles is pretty clutch!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the hard work.

• ryampolskyryampolsky Posts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 10:55PM

Wow - nice list of fixes/features. Thanks.

I have only one complaint. Why didn't you tell us this was in the works? I would've spent the last 2 months a happy customer instead of a customer worried that my 9 month old phone may have been end-of-life'd by ZTE. What purpose can this kind of secrecy possibly serve? I'm going to be an optimist and assume this means that the A7 is going to get Oreo sometime soon-ish too ;-)

Hey. I upgraded, And they seem to have fixed an annoying problem with game sounds cutting out. Good work, ZTE!

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 5:29PM

@busyman said:
    Where are the people that keep complaining about a lack of support? Seems like they just fixed the majority of the issues MiFavor had. Awesome work mods!

This is a joke right? First update since March and they didn't even update MiFavor to 5.0

@hollap said:

@samwichse said:
    Anyone else getting the same version number as before for the update?

Mine says:

> > Current version: A2017UV1.1.0B25 > > > > Update version: A2017UV1.1.0B25, Size 793.24MB > >

But then lists all the stuff that B32 is supposed to have.

Except, of course, camera2 API support and on-screen button support (the two things I wanted :-(, oh well).

I don't need on screen buttons, but I did want Camera2 API support.

Yeah, I'm disappointed there was no onscreen button support as well.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll said:

@busyman said:
    Where are the people that keep complaining about a lack of support? Seems like they just fixed the majority of the issues MiFavor had. Awesome work mods!

This is a joke right? First update since April and they didn't even update MiFlavor to 5.0

And if they did, people would cry because of bloated software. BTW, it's MiFavor not MiFlavor lol.

@busyman said:

@lllgurulll said:

@busyman said:

This is a joke right? First update since April and they didn't even update MiFlavor to 5.0

And if they did, people would cry because of bloated software. BTW, it's MiFavor not MiFlavor lol.

mistyped. not that it matters.

And its still 7.1.1. wow.

edited August 31, 2017 5:42PM

@shoman94 said:
    IMO and you've seen my complaints... Modem performance is back to b29 marshmallow performance... Finally!

Hmmmm, mine is still completely in the yellow. Guess it depends on area. Oh well, I've never really had a problem with with the modem anyway so no biggie.

Definitely happy I won't be hearing the button keypress tone in a call anymore.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll said:

I know right? We should have gotten 8.0 before everyone else! Shame on ZTE!

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll said:

Yup, is all good to me. ZTE was the 1st OEM to bring 7.1.1 instead of 7.0 which is what BIG OEM been using

The only device. With 7.1.2 are the Nexus/Pixel , and the just announced V30 and Note 8...