** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 6:04PM

@busyman said:

@lllgurulll said:
    And its still 7.1.1. wow.

I know right? We should have gotten 8.0 before everyone else! Shame on ZTE!

????? I was referring to 7.1.2. If this phone gets 8.0 it will probably be in 12 months and also be the last update it ever sees.

@DrakenFX said:

@lllgurulll said:

Yup, is all good to me. ZTE was the 1st OEM to bring 7.1.1 instead of 7.0 which is what BIG OEM been using

The only device. With 7.1.2 are the Nexus/Pixel , and the just announced V30 and Note 8...

I didn't realize 7.1.2 was in such a small amount of phones.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lllgurulll said:

@DrakenFX said:

@lllgurulll said:

Yup, is all good to me. ZTE was the 1st OEM to bring 7.1.1 instead of 7.0 which is what BIG OEM been using

The only device. With 7.1.2 are the Nexus/Pixel , and the just announced V30 and Note 8...

I didn't realize 7.1.2 was in such a small amount of phones.

Also keep in mind devices such as the Galaxy S8 & G6 don't even have 7.1.1, so there's a lot to be grateful for.

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see battery life (it was quite good with Marshmallow) battery life being addressed and Android post March security updates were inclused. That was becoming a bit absurd.

Any of the following was added or addressed?

1. Optional onscreen buttons
    2. Option to disable some of those annoying vibrations and audible alerts - notably that awful 15% low battery beep
    3. Option to not only disable bit completely dump non-essential bundled software that users don't want
    4. Overheating issues

If not, it's a bit underwhelming.

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 7:00PM

@jazzi said:
    Good to see battery life (it was quite good with Marshmallow) battery life being addressed and Android post March security updates were inclused. That was becoming a bit absurd.

Any of the following was added or addressed?

1. Optional onscreen buttons
    2. Option to disable some of those annoying vibrations and audible alerts - notably that awful 15% low battery beep
    3. Option to not only disable bit completely dump non-essential bundled software that users don't want
    4. Overheating issues

If not, it's a bit underwhelming.

No, not sure, no, and not sure yet... But overall it's not that underwhelming. You gain quick tiles, as well the ability to switch users on top of all that you do get a much needed update to security patch.

• asianpianomanasianpianoman Posts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh oh. I had minor battery drain issues today after I updated this morning. I've had my A7 since last August, so over a year now, and today it was definitely losing battery much faster than usual. I mean I just let it sit in my pocket in DND mode for an hour and a half and it was warm the whole time (38 degrees celsius according to the battery temp monitor). Anyone else? I've rebooted, hoping that will go away.

These random battery drain issues seem to be more of an Android problem than a MiFavor problem, but it was kinda worrying that this is happening today immediately after the update.

Not sure why, but it seems like the screen looks sharper after the update, if thats even possible.

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@asianpianoman said:
    Uh oh. I had minor battery drain issues today after I updated this morning. I've had my A7 since last August, so over a year now, and today it was definitely losing battery much faster than usual. I mean I just let it sit in my pocket in DND mode for an hour and a half and it was warm the whole time (38 degrees celsius according to the battery temp monitor). Anyone else? I've rebooted, hoping that will go away.

These random battery drain issues seem to be more of an Android problem than a MiFavor problem, but it was kinda worrying that this is happening today immediately after the update.

Could you check to see if GPS was on for an excessively long during that time? Because I noticed that my GPS at one point wouldn't turn off and only stopped after I restarted it.

• Harold815Harold815 Los Angeles, CA.Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE. Great job with the updates. Definitely sets you apart from the competition. I love my Axon 7 and the support provided by your great team.
    Make sure to address the overheating issue.

Thanks ????????

• Harold815Harold815 Los Angeles, CA.Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry. I guess I can't use emoji's
    I meant... Thanks!! :-)

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 537 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 10:14PM

Thanks for letting us know its down for a moment. Curious any improvement to reception?

• revlis240revlis240 Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

I haven't gotten the update yet as mentioned the file has been pulled for now.

However am I the only one that is worried that ZTE changed the god awful DTMF notification thing to a vibration now? That seems even worse than the DTMF. At least give me the option to choose to turn the damn thing off! This was supposed to be in the works back in March. Here we are 6 months later with not only a delay in updates but a seemingly step backwards from the existing step backwards with this whole DTMF issue

@revlis240 said:
    I haven't gotten the update yet as mentioned the file has been pulled for now.

However am I the only one that is worried that ZTE changed the god awful DTMF notification thing to a vibration now? That seems even worse than the DTMF. At least give me the option to choose to turn the damn thing off! This was supposed to be in the works back in March. Here we are 6 months later with not only a delay in updates but a seemingly step backwards from the existing step backwards with this whole DTMF issue

That is the way all my other phones worked. I like the vibration. I hated the damn tone.

• rjt378rjt378 ChicagoPosts: 63 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 11:02PM

Phone feels snappier - but I have thought that before after previous updates. Quicksettings editing is long overdue and awesome, if not also underwhelming given it is such a basic feature at this point. Nightlight temp adjustment is good as I always wanted it a bit yellower for my eyes at night. 3rd party apps did that better until now.

Ive totally forgotten about Daydream, which is what I knew would happen. I have that headset around here somewhere...

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The radios definitely weren't fixed. WiFi still dies after waking the phone. LTE data still quits working even while on an LTE channel.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

Well Done ZTE!

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kevinmcmurtrie said:
    The radios definitely weren't fixed. WiFi still dies after waking the phone. LTE data still quits working even while on an LTE channel.

I don't know about the wifi but it's easy to see from your screenshot why LTE isn't working. Your signal strength is too weak at - 115.0 dBm.

It does this all the time. Take it out of my pocket and there's no data until cycling airplane mode. Letting it sit in a stronger signal area doesn't fix it. If the phone didn't like Band 4 it could have switched to Band 12 or HSPA+ at that specific location. Some cell towers cause data to turn off like this even with full bars.

Only the Axon 7 with stock ROM does this. Moto X Pure is OK. iPhone 7 is OK. Axon 7 with LineageOS is OK.

• Thanks ZTE, so far so good! Great update with very useful things we wanted! Keep doing what you do, I think you are doing and excelent work with this phone!

• magnikmagnik SwedenPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi, being a newbie with the Axon 7 and Android too for that matter, I need help. Looking at my phone, it says B02 and I see everyone here talking about later versions. I got my phone this summer (in Sweden) and did an OTA update to what I have now... Where can I find the latest updates, as it seems I don't get it OTA as others here?

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kevinmcmurtrie said:

Never ever experienced that. Your phone may be defective.

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kevinmcmurtrie said:

I don't know about the wifi but it's easy to see from your screenshot why LTE isn't working. Your signal strength is too weak at - 115.0 dBm.

Not true, LTE should work down to -120dbm although slow at that point.

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 6:46AM

@magnik said:
    Hi, being a newbie with the Axon 7 and Android too for that matter, I need help. Looking at my phone, it says B02 and I see everyone here talking about later versions. I got my phone this summer (in Sweden) and did an OTA update to what I have now... Where can I find the latest updates, as it seems I don't get it OTA as others here?

Hey @magnik, these are the US ZTE forums and they have slightly different software and different OTA updates to us European users. Unfortunately for us, they are ahead of the game, so we get to see a taste of what we may have in the future.

The European forums are here: https://www.ztemobile.de/forums/
    But they are in German so you might need Google Translate. They're not very active or responsive, so quite a lot of European users gravitate to this US forum instead.

• magnikmagnik SwedenPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@ladyhazy said:

@magnik said:

Hey @magnik, these are the US ZTE forums and they have slightly different software and different OTA updates to us European users. Unfortunately for us, they are ahead of the game, so we get to see a taste of what we may have in the future.

The European forums are here: https://www.ztemobile.de/forums/
    But they are in German so you might need Google Translate. They're not very active or responsive, so quite a lot of European users gravitate to this US forum instead.

Thanks, that clarifies the situation. I guess I'll just have to wait for the good stuff to make its way to Europe then... =)