** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B32 **

Comments

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like having a thread that is supposed to be about the Axon 7 update hijacked. :(

• blurayagentblurayagent the OCPosts: 107 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone is still hesitant about B32 update, I recommend doing it. Don't let a few posters that keep posting repeated posts deter you - it may have to do with their carrier and apps. My battery life, smoothness and signal/wifi have improved! B32 is a great update! As always, remove microsd before updating and wipe cache on system and partition after update. Keep up the great work ZTE

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said: It's your money but if I already had a flagship that was just a few months old I'd probably hang onto it until at least the end of 2018. That's what I'm doing anyway. I don't have a grand to spend at the moment.

Sound, solid and smart advice! Substitute "for at least 2+ years" for "until at least the end of 2018." and the recommendation can hold in nearly all cases.

Why some people are obsessed with changing a perfectly capable and functioning devices after just one year is beyond me. Granted the technologies are not the same but they don't do it for cameras, televisions, laptops, watches, tablets, etc. However for phones, there is almost an insatiable craving for the latest piece of hardware.

If this current Axon 7 lasts for the next couple of years, I won't be buying any other smartphone except if I can get an outrageous deal on eBay or Amazon on a HTC 10 or LG G6 or LG V20 (if they don't start bootlooping) with which to play around.

That is why I'm not bothered about an Axon 8. At the rate ZTE are going maybe an Axon 9 or 10 :) .

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 5:12PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@stevec5375 said:
    Nothing like having a thread that is supposed to be about the Axon 7 update hijacked. :(

That's exactly why @westside80 posted that.

@jimlloyd40 , I had to wade thru so much off-topic stuff that after a while it just all became the same. I didn't see @westside80 's post. But it is very welcome. Thanks for moving your discussion to another place.

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@blurayagent said:
    If anyone is still hesitant about B32 update, I recommend doing it. Don't let a few posters that keep posting repeated posts deter you - it may have to do with their carrier and apps. My battery life, smoothness and signal/wifi have improved! B32 is a great update! As always, remove microsd before updating and wipe cache on system and partition after update. Keep up the great work ZTE

Personally, I will likewise recommend updating. In my case, the improvements, nearly always outweigh any glitch that may crop up.

None of the features I was hoping for (optional on-screen nav buttons, option to remove non-essential built-in apps, option to disable all sounds and vibrations, etc) was included. As such, on the functionality side, the update was a bit of a downer. However as regards system security, the update is massively important because the Android August security patches were bundled in. Personally, that alone makes updating worthwhile and crucial. I'll take security updates any day!

• ramses8211ramses8211 Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 6:48PM

So this is something different and letters size is not to blame here xD

No brightness bar, its gone xD.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 8:25PM

@ramses8211 said:

Try restarting, if that does not work, clear the cache partition. From B25 to B32 I don't think there were any changes made to the brightness control.

Other than that, improvements were made in a bunch of other areas including the camera app, as well as the raw capture process.

@razor512 said:

@ramses8211 said:

Try restarting, if that does not work, clear the cache partition. From B25 to B32 I don't think there were any changes made to the brightness control.

I did all that its still the same, and another change I noticed is that the color of the notification bar.

I use nova launcher but as far as I now it shouldn't affect that bar