Axon 7 mini telephone app, need number pad to answer questions

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 31 ✭✭✭✭

When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

Thanks for your consideration.
I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

Comments

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you are in a call, the number pad can be found by clicking on the button pictured below.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 31 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but that pad opens the dialer and that does not work. I need a number pad that sends my choice to the other party?

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what you mean by that, the number pad that it pulls up works for things like phone trees and other touch tone menu systems. A push of those numbers while in a call, sends a DTMF signal to the other party in the call.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta do you just want to hear the DTMF tone when you press the selection? If that's the case, go to settings->sound->and turn on option for "dial pad tones"

I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

Don't thank me yet...we still don't know if it's fixed.

• ksmithheadsksmithheads Romoland, CAPosts: 2 ✭✭

I don't have a dialpad symbol at all on Axon Mini 7 :'( can someone assist me? I only have the red phone mute and speaker

• ksmithheadsksmithheads Romoland, CAPosts: 2 ✭✭

I know it's not just the DMTF tones, the dialpad is missing disabled etc. and no one a tech support can help

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ksmithheads said:
    I don't have a dialpad symbol at all on Axon Mini 7 :'( can someone assist me? I only have the red phone mute and speaker

You can do all the normal things to try and fix the problem. Wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If that doesn't help use a different dialer app. I use the ZenUI dialer and contacts app and it also has a black theme and the dial pad symbol works @ksmithheads.

How do you wipe the cache partition in recovery? How do you clear the main storage cache? I need detailed instructions because I am a newbie. If all that works, is the number icon on the phone?

Thanks. I tried the ZenUI dialer and that didn't help. I found no way to get a button to get another number pad that would correspond with a second party. @ winta

I did a dumb thing. The time, date and weather that is usually on the first screen, moved to the second. I tried to move it back to the first, but I must have deleted it by mistake. How do I get it back?

@winta

• lilywlilyw USAPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have the same problem as Winta. After upgraded to Android 7, my phone call lost the in call number pad, so I could not use my voice mail since it would not allow me to enter my security code without the number pad. It was working fine before upgrading to Nougat. The picture above is not the same as my phone call image as I don't have the number pad on the side. I only have the mute button and red phone icon (hung up) and volume icon.
    I'm not sure if this is the carrier problem (Tracfone) or System problem. Tracfone tech could not help. They don't even know why I don't have forwarding and caller ID function. If I checked the setting of the carrier about forwarding, it says network error or sim card error.
    Does anyone know if this is because I did not take the sim card out before I upgraded from MM to Nougat? Will a new sim card help? Or I'm just wasting my time? Should I just do a reset? Anyone know the best way to do a reset back to MM?

I tried everything except factory reset. None helped at all. I was hoping to get a good roll back MM instruction. Anyone?

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilyw said:
    I tried everything except factory reset. None helped at all. I was hoping to get a good roll back MM instruction. Anyone?

I would back everything up and then do a "factory reset".

I tried at least 3 more dialer apps including ZenUI, the same as Winta said, the number pad just won't show up on the bottom screen or anywhere else. I started to think it's the carrier problem, not the system.
    Hey, Winta, what's your carrier? I will also back everything up and try reset tonight.

Great news to report. I did a factory reset and the phone is back to business. In-call number pad shows up. I would suggest to @Winta to do the same. Thank you everyone.
    btw, the factory reset did not roll back to MM. I guess when I did an upgrade to Nougat, my build is now changed to Nougat even with a factory reset.

• @winta said:
    When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

I'm having a similar problem; see my earlier post today about the dial pad disappearing.

The new number pad appeared in the phone App and now it works. Why?????