Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 mini telephone app, need number pad to answer questions

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 11 ✭✭✭

When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

Thanks for your consideration.
I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

Thanks for your consideration.
    I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

I don't use the stock dialer app on the Axon 7 but it does have a symbol for the number pad that you need to click on to use.
    With regards to an instruction manual I posted a link for that on the thread that you created asking for an instruction manual. That was @teutonjon78 that deserves the credit for posting the link to the manual originally.

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you are in a call, the number pad can be found by clicking on the button pictured below.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 11 ✭✭✭

Thanks, but that pad opens the dialer and that does not work. I need a number pad that sends my choice to the other party?

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what you mean by that, the number pad that it pulls up works for things like phone trees and other touch tone menu systems. A push of those numbers while in a call, sends a DTMF signal to the other party in the call.

@winta said:
    Thanks, but that pad opens the dialer and that does not work. I need a number pad that sends my choice to the other party?

There is no other number pad.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta do you just want to hear the DTMF tone when you press the selection? If that's the case, go to settings->sound->and turn on option for "dial pad tones"

@winta what happened with this problem?

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 11 ✭✭✭

I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

Don't thank me yet...we still don't know if it's fixed.