Axon 7 mini telephone app, need number pad to answer questions

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

Thanks for your consideration.
I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    When I make a phone call, frequently I am instructed to press 1 for something, press 2 for another thing, etc. How do I get access to a number pad? The phone number pad doesn't work for this.

I like the phone, but it should have a manual that gives much more instruction for users.

I don't use the stock dialer app on the Axon 7 but it does have a symbol for the number pad that you need to click on to use.
    With regards to an instruction manual I posted a link for that on the thread that you created asking for an instruction manual. That was @teutonjon78 that deserves the credit for posting the link to the manual originally.

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you are in a call, the number pad can be found by clicking on the button pictured below.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but that pad opens the dialer and that does not work. I need a number pad that sends my choice to the other party?

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what you mean by that, the number pad that it pulls up works for things like phone trees and other touch tone menu systems. A push of those numbers while in a call, sends a DTMF signal to the other party in the call.

@winta said:
    Thanks, but that pad opens the dialer and that does not work. I need a number pad that sends my choice to the other party?

There is no other number pad.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta do you just want to hear the DTMF tone when you press the selection? If that's the case, go to settings->sound->and turn on option for "dial pad tones"

@winta what happened with this problem?

I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta said:
    I turned on DTMF, so I'm waiting till I have aN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY IT.

Thanks hollap. this was my biggest problem with the phone.

Don't thank me yet...we still don't know if it's fixed.

• ksmithheadsksmithheads Romoland, CAPosts: 2 ✭✭

I don't have a dialpad symbol at all on Axon Mini 7 :'( can someone assist me? I only have the red phone mute and speaker

• ksmithheadsksmithheads Romoland, CAPosts: 2 ✭✭

I know it's not just the DMTF tones, the dialpad is missing disabled etc. and no one a tech support can help

@ksmithheads said:
    I don't have a dialpad symbol at all on Axon Mini 7 :'( can someone assist me? I only have the red phone mute and speaker

You can do all the normal things to try and fix the problem. Wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If that doesn't help use a different dialer app. I use the ZenUI dialer and contacts app and it also has a black theme and the dial pad symbol works @ksmithheads.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ksmithheads said:

You can do all the normal things to try and fix the problem. Wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If that doesn't help use a different dialer app. I use the ZenUI dialer and contacts app and it also has a black theme and the dial pad symbol works @ksmithheads.

How do you wipe the cache partition in recovery? How do you clear the main storage cache? I need detailed instructions because I am a newbie. If all that works, is the number icon on the phone?

@winta said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ksmithheads said:

How do you wipe the cache partition in recovery? How do you clear the main storage cache? I need detailed instructions because I am a newbie. If all that works, is the number icon on the phone?

I don't think that wiping the cache partition in recovery will fix your problem. It's a good option for a multitude of problems and is generally only done after a system update. But you can try it. Turn your phone off. Then press and hold the power button and the volume up button at the exact same same time. When you feel the vibration that your phone is starting immediately release the power button and continue to hold the volume up button for about 3 seconds and then release it. You will be booted into recovery. Then use the volume down button to scroll down to "wipe cache partition" and use the power button to select it. Then the volume down button to the choice of "yes" and then the power button to select it. You will see at the bottom of the screen that it says that it succeeded and now the "reboot" button will be highlighted. Use the power button to select "reboot" and your phone will start normally. "CAUTION" directly above "wipe cache partition" is "factory reset" your phone so be careful not to select it.
    To clear all the cache go to the settings and select "advanced settings" and then select "storage". Then select "phone memory" and wait until it calculates the cache and then click on the cache and clear it. THAT is for the Axon 7. I'm not sure if the Mini has that listed under "advanced settings". If it doesn't just look for "storage" in the settings and do the same thing.
    You can also just go to apps in the settings and select the dialer app and clear the cache and data only for the dialer.
    If none of those things work then a factory reset is next. If a factory reset doesn't fix it you can go through the return process since your phone is still under warranty.
    If it were me I would just go to the Play Store and download the ZenUI dialer and contacts app. You will like that better than the stock app anyway. And as a bonus the ZenUI dialer and contacts app has a black theme.
    Please let us know if that works @winta.

Thanks. I tried the ZenUI dialer and that didn't help. I found no way to get a button to get another number pad that would correspond with a second party. @ winta

I did a dumb thing. The time, date and weather that is usually on the first screen, moved to the second. I tried to move it back to the first, but I must have deleted it by mistake. How do I get it back?

@winta

@winta said:
    Thanks. I tried the ZenUI dialer and that didn't help. I found no way to get a button to get another number pad that would correspond with a second party. @ winta

It works for me @winta. I don't understand exactly what you mean with a second party. You just tap the number pad icon to get it to reappear regardless of how many parties are on the call.

@winta said:
    I did a dumb thing. The time, date and weather that is usually on the first screen, moved to the second. I tried to move it back to the first, but I must have deleted it by mistake. How do I get it back?

@winta on most phones you long press on an open area on your homescreen and select from widgets or however you get to widgets on your phone.

• lilywlilyw USAPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have the same problem as Winta. After upgraded to Android 7, my phone call lost the in call number pad, so I could not use my voice mail since it would not allow me to enter my security code without the number pad. It was working fine before upgrading to Nougat. The picture above is not the same as my phone call image as I don't have the number pad on the side. I only have the mute button and red phone icon (hung up) and volume icon.
    I'm not sure if this is the carrier problem (Tracfone) or System problem. Tracfone tech could not help. They don't even know why I don't have forwarding and caller ID function. If I checked the setting of the carrier about forwarding, it says network error or sim card error.
    Does anyone know if this is because I did not take the sim card out before I upgraded from MM to Nougat? Will a new sim card help? Or I'm just wasting my time? Should I just do a reset? Anyone know the best way to do a reset back to MM?

I tried everything except factory reset. None helped at all. I was hoping to get a good roll back MM instruction. Anyone?

@lilyw said:
    I have the same problem as Winta. After upgraded to Android 7, my phone call lost the in call number pad, so I could not use my voice mail since it would not allow me to enter my security code without the number pad. It was working fine before upgrading to Nougat. The picture above is not the same as my phone call image as I don't have the number pad on the side. I only have the mute button and red phone icon (hung up) and volume icon.
    I'm not sure if this is the carrier problem (Tracfone) or System problem. Tracfone tech could not help. They don't even know why I don't have forwarding and caller ID function. If I checked the setting of the carrier about forwarding, it says network error or sim card error.
    Does anyone know if this is because I did not take the sim card out before I upgraded from MM to Nougat? Will a new sim card help? Or I'm just wasting my time? Should I just do a reset? Anyone know the best way to do a reset back to MM?

@lilyw it is definitely a manufacturer problem. The carrier wouldn't have the ability to change things like that in an app. My favorite dialer app is the ZenUI dialer and contacts app. I promise you that it has the number pad icon and it will work fine on your phone and has way more features than the built-in dialer app. It includes the contacts app also and has a black theme.

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilyw said:
    I tried everything except factory reset. None helped at all. I was hoping to get a good roll back MM instruction. Anyone?

I would back everything up and then do a "factory reset".

I tried at least 3 more dialer apps including ZenUI, the same as Winta said, the number pad just won't show up on the bottom screen or anywhere else. I started to think it's the carrier problem, not the system.
    Hey, Winta, what's your carrier? I will also back everything up and try reset tonight.

@lilyw said:
    I tried at least 3 more dialer apps including ZenUI, the same as Winta said, the number pad just won't show up on the bottom screen or anywhere else. I started to think it's the carrier problem, not the system.
    Hey, Winta, what's your carrier? I will also back everything up and try reset tonight.

@lilyw I have the ZenUI dialer and contacts app on 3 phones currently and the icon for the number pad is in the lower left corner. No carrier has the ability to take that out of an app. Just look in the lower left corner of the dialer app it's the square with the dots and an arrow pointing down. If you click on it the number pad will either appear or disappear depending on the number pad already being visible.

Great news to report. I did a factory reset and the phone is back to business. In-call number pad shows up. I would suggest to @Winta to do the same. Thank you everyone.
    btw, the factory reset did not roll back to MM. I guess when I did an upgrade to Nougat, my build is now changed to Nougat even with a factory reset.

• msweinbergmsweinberg Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

@winta said:

I'm having a similar problem; see my earlier post today about the dial pad disappearing.