Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Not getting Nougat updates on Axon mini

RK04RK04 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

Hello i just purchased an Axon mini and got all the updates available. However the ph seems to be stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i am not getting the Nougat update. The phone states that its up to date. How do i force an upgrade to the latest version supported version of Nougat for the Axon mini?

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RK04 said:
    Hello i just purchased an Axon mini and got all the updates available. However the ph seems to be stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i am not getting the Nougat update. The phone states that its up to date. How do i force an upgrade to the latest version supported version of Nougat for the Axon mini?

I don't know if ZTE has the ROM in the support section of their website or not but you can check there. You could also do a factory reset. The tech department's phone number is 800-617-5065.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI, @RK04 ,

You can tell us which Axon 7 Mini do you have? (Go to Setting-->About Phone and take screen shots for the model and build number). If it is US model, then you should be able to get it OTA. The Nougat update is rolling out on selected region and depending on the model of your phone and your region, you may or may not have it available.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,598 mod
    edited September 8, 2017 8:35AM

@RK04 said:
    Hello i just purchased an Axon mini and got all the updates available. However the ph seems to be stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i am not getting the Nougat update. The phone states that its up to date. How do I force an upgrade to the latest version supported version of Nougat for the Axon mini?

@RK04 first confirm that you have the 2017G and then if you do please go to the link below and click support and then software updates. The file to download is B12, its a large file so I recommend being on wifi. If you download direct to the phone you will need to go into the phone and select the file and then extract the file. If you download on PC you will need to extract the file and then copy the update file to the root of you internal or SD card. You can then reboot the phone and go to the settings > software update and it should locate the update file.

https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7mini/

• RK04RK04 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    HI, @RK04 ,

You can tell us which Axon 7 Mini do you have? (Go to Setting-->About Phone and take screen shots for the model and build number). If it is US model, then you should be able to get it OTA. The Nougat update is rolling out on selected region and depending on the model of your phone and your region, you may or may not have it available.

I bought it off amazon so i don't know if its a US model for sure or not. I just looked for an unlocked phone. Anyway the model number is: ZTE B2017G and the Build number is: ZTE B2017G_USAV1.0.0B21

@musicdjm said:

@RK04 said:
    Hello i just purchased an Axon mini and got all the updates available. However the ph seems to be stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i am not getting the Nougat update. The phone states that its up to date. How do I force an upgrade to the latest version supported version of Nougat for the Axon mini?

@RK04 first confirm that you have the 2017G and then if you do please go to the link below and click support and then software updates.

It is a ZTE B2017G model.. Where is the link you refer to above?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan, we may need to update IMEI for this user. Can you assist please?

edited September 7, 2017 11:25PM

@hollap said:

What do I need to do here? Can somebody clarify?

edited September 8, 2017 8:32AM

@RK04 said:

@hollap said:

What do I need to do here? Can somebody clarify? Since IMEI was mentioned the IMEI number for my ph is:

@RK04 , please edit your message to NOT include your IMEI in public! I am including @monger80 so hopefully he can assist.

@hollap said:

@RK04 said:

@hollap said:

What do I need to do here? Can somebody clarify? Since IMEI was mentioned the IMEI number for my ph is:

@RK04 , please edit your message to NOT include your IMEI in public! I am including @zte_usa so hopefully they can assist.

@hollap said:

@RK04 said:

@hollap said:

@RK04 , please edit your message to NOT include your IMEI in public! I am including @zte_usa so hopefully they can assist.

Done :-)..

@monger80 can you help this user? He's not getting the Mini Nougat update. Thanks!

@RK04 said:

@musicdjm said:

@RK04 said:

@RK04 first confirm that you have the 2017G and then if you do please go to the link below and click support and then software updates.

It is a ZTE B2017G model.. Where is the link you refer to above?

https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7mini/

• monger80monger80 DallasPosts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RK04 if you have already downloaded the package to SD card and updated your device, great, you should be able to update, if not, DM me your IMEI and I'll see if the IMEI is in the server and add into it if it's not in the list.

• freesoulfreesoul CanadaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I also purchased the Axon 7 mini a week ago from Canada Computers. The current version on the phone seems to be stuck at ZTE B2017G_USAV1.0.0B21 (Android 6.0.1 with Security patch Dec 1, 2016). Isn't the Nougat update supposed to be available in Canada or is that only for the US?

Also would it be safe if I upgrade the phone manually from the zteusa site "https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7mini/" ?

• zte_usazte_usa Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding @petershih @sshasan for assistance

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 2,994 admin

@freesoul please send me a direct message with your IMEI and we can take a look.

• freesoulfreesoul CanadaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    @freesoul please send me a direct message with your IMEI and we can take a look.

PM sent

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please help me. I just got my new axon 7 mini in today from Amazon and I'm still stuck on 6.0.1 and haven't received any updates for nougat 7.1.1 which was the main reason I bought the phone. Can someone help me to receive the latest updates to nougat. I found the files and downloaded them but I'm not sure how to get them manually installed plus I'd rather just receive the updates automatically. Please help! Thanks very much.

I just got the phone in today and I have not received any updates for nougat 7.1.1 which was one of the reasons I bought the phone. Can anyone help me get the latest updates installed on my device? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Dconn1975 said:
    Please help me. I just got my new axon 7 mini in today from Amazon and I'm still stuck on 6.0.1 and haven't received any updates for nougat 7.1.1 which was the main reason I bought the phone. Can someone help me to receive the latest updates to nougat. I found the files and downloaded them but I'm not sure how to get them manually installed plus I'd rather just receive the updates automatically. Please help! Thanks very much.

@Dconn1975 did you download the update to an SD card?

@Dconn1975 said:
    I just got the phone in today and I have not received any updates for nougat 7.1.1 which was one of the reasons I bought the phone. Can anyone help me get the latest updates installed on my device? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would go back to the thread that you first posted this in. In that thread you said that you downloaded it but either don't know how to manually install it or you didn't want to manually install it but I'll ask you the same question that I ask you in that thread did you download it to an SD card?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

I've tried but it's not downloading. Right when it's about to finish it stops and starts over. Also shouldn't I have gotten these updates automatically? Please help.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Also if you could direct me to a link with the proper download that would be helpful. The link I'm downloading is not completing. I've also downloaded the regular file but I'm not sure how to move it to my SD card or get the system to recognize the download. It's in my downloads list and I've extracted the file but still nothing on the manual side. I really could use some help. One of the major reasons I purchased this device was that it said it was running 7.1.1 but I'm stuck on 6.0.1. Why am I not receiving the auto update?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

I would go back to the thread that you first posted this in. In that thread you said that you downloaded it but either don't know how to manually install it or you didn't want to manually install it but I'll ask you the same question that I ask you in that thread did you download it to an SD card?

It's not that I don't want to manually install it rather I'm not sure how to exactly. Of course I would have preferred to have received the updates over the air but I don't mind t doing a manual install. I just am not sure how to exactly after I've downloaded the file. Right now I'm trying to download directly yo my SD card instead of my other download that I can't seem to move to my SD card and it keeps stalling right before the install is complete. Can you step through how to take the file I've installed and manually push the update if you don't mind?

@Dconn1975 when you attempt to check for an update, does it say you are already up to date? The following link should be the correct one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s//795e4x4qynloeuc/P852A12V1.2.0B12_RM_data.zip?dl=1

I would try downloading it to PC first, then moving it to your SD card.

@Dconn1975 In an effort to consolidate threads your post has been merged with this thread as this is an active discussion on the same issue.

@Dconn1975 where do things stand now? Were you able to complete the download?
    Yes there was an OTA for the update and I don't know why you're not getting it. If it still won't download you should send your IMEI to @sshasan in a private message.

ZTE stated that I have a Canadian phone but I bought directly brand new from Amazon supposed to be the US model. Do I need to send it back or is there a update for a Canadian phone? I'm really confused now. I sent my IMEI over to the guy someone said send it to. Any ideas?

I called Amazon and they are sending me out a replacement phone brand new as they are thinking I received an international model. She stated that this one should be a US model. It'll be here tomorrow. I don't understand how they could have sent me an international model when I ordered a US model. Makes me worry I'll get the same model from them tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. Meanwhile if you guys know of how I can update this phone I'll just keep it or do you think I should wait on the replacement?

@Dconn1975 said:
    I called Amazon and they are sending me out a replacement phone brand new as they are thinking I received an international model. She stated that this one should be a US model. It'll be here tomorrow. I don't understand how they could have sent me an international model when I ordered a US model. Makes me worry I'll get the same model from them tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. Meanwhile if you guys know of how I can update this phone I'll just keep it or do you think I should wait on the replacement?

Absolutely get the replacement phone. You would have nothing but problems especially with updates for the European model. For the most part we couldn't help you with any potential problems. You would need to go to the European forum.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Absolutely get the replacement phone. You would have nothing but problems especially with updates for the European model. For the most part we couldn't help you with any potential problems. You would need to go to the European forum.

Sounds good. Thank you for the advice. I'll wait on the replacement and hope this time I get a US model. I am worried that I won't though with Amazon.