Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Not getting Nougat updates on Axon mini

Comments

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will I automatically receive the update if it's a US model?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:
    I called Amazon and they are sending me out a replacement phone brand new as they are thinking I received an international model. She stated that this one should be a US model. It'll be here tomorrow. I don't understand how they could have sent me an international model when I ordered a US model. Makes me worry I'll get the same model from them tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. Meanwhile if you guys know of how I can update this phone I'll just keep it or do you think I should wait on the replacement?

Absolutely get the replacement phone. You would have nothing but problems especially with updates for the European model. For the most part we couldn't help you with any potential problems. You would need to go to the European forum.

Sounds good. Thank you for the advice. I'll wait on the replacement and hope this time I get a US model. I am worried that I won't though with Amazon.

When you get it just go to about phone in the settings and it should say A2017U for the model name.

@Dconn1975 said:

Yes, there should be an OTA waiting when you set it up.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:
    I called Amazon and they are sending me out a replacement phone brand new as they are thinking I received an international model. She stated that this one should be a US model. It'll be here tomorrow. I don't understand how they could have sent me an international model when I ordered a US model. Makes me worry I'll get the same model from them tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. Meanwhile if you guys know of how I can update this phone I'll just keep it or do you think I should wait on the replacement?

Absolutely get the replacement phone. You would have nothing but problems especially with updates for the European model. For the most part we couldn't help you with any potential problems. You would need to go to the European forum.

Sounds good. Thank you for the advice. I'll wait on the replacement and hope this time I get a US model. I am worried that I won't though with Amazon.

When you get it just go to about phone in the settings and it should say A2017U for the model name.

Oh is this the US model number? Yeah mine is definitely different than that. Man I hope Amazon doesn't send me out the same international model again. I fear they will though.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

That's what I thought and I wondered why I wasn't or didn't have them on this device. I guess I know why now. I'm going to post my model number up here once my new phone comes in so that I can verify I do indeed have the US model. I appreciate all of your help and advice.

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

That's what I thought and I wondered why I wasn't or didn't have them on this device. I guess I know why now. I'm going to post my model number up here once my new phone comes in so that I can verify I do indeed have the US model. I appreciate all of your help and advice.

I think the European model ends in a G. And it probably has an update also but because of your location you were connected to the ZTE servers for the US.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2017 1:10PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

If this is a mini, it should read B2017G. The only way you can tell it from European models is the build number of software.

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

If this is a mini, it should read B2016G. The only way you can tell it from European models is the build number of software.

Thanks @hollap. I guess that I should read the thread title more closely. :D

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

If this is a mini, it should read B2017G. The only way you can tell it from European models is the build number of software.

I'll post the build number of my new device when it's delivered tomorrow. I'm super bummed they sent me an international model. I just hope the one coming tomorrow isn't the same model.

@hollap is correct @Dconn1975. I mistakenly thought we were talking about the Axon 7. So look for the model number that hollap posted.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

I'll post the build number of my new device when it's delivered tomorrow. I'm super bummed they sent me an international model. I just hope the one coming tomorrow isn't the same model.

Sorry if you already posted it, but what's the build number of your current device?

@hollap said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Sorry if you already posted it, but what's the build number of your current device?

Stand by I'll get it. One moment.

Is that an international build number? ZTE told me it was but they were not too helpful so I am not sure what I have.

@Dconn1975 said:

@Dconn1975 that is the US model so we're back to square one. Send a PM to @sshasan with your IMEI number.

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Wait I just posted my build number and it matches the build number you posted. Does this mean I have indeed the correct US model then? If so why am I not receiving the updates? Do I have the US model or do I have the international model like ZTE told me I did. They told me I had the Canadian version. Were they wrong?

@Dconn1975 said:
    Is that an international build number? ZTE told me it was but they were not too helpful so I am not sure what I have.

No it isn't the international number. It says USA right in the build number.

@Dconn1975 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Wait I just posted my build number and it matches the build number you posted. Does this mean I have indeed the correct US model then? If so why am I not receiving the updates? Do I have the US model or do I have the international model like ZTE told me I did. They told me I had the Canadian version. Were they wrong?

According to the model posted I do indeed have the US model so why aren't I receiving the updates to nougat 7.1.1?

@Dconn1975 said:
    According to the model posted I do indeed have the US model so why aren't I receiving the updates to nougat 7.1.1?

Read my other posts that I just posted. Send the PM to sshasan with your IMEI. Sometimes an IMEI number gets left out of the data base and sshasan can get it manually added so that you will get the OTA.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Read my other posts that I just posted. Send the PM to sshasan with your IMEI. Sometimes an IMEI number gets left out of the data base and sshasan can get it manually added so that you will get the OTA.

So do I indeed have the US model then? Am I fine there? Do I even need the replacement sent out to me now?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

I just sent him both my build number and IMEI number. Will he get back to me do you think? He doesn't know me which is why I ask. I told him I was referred to him by you guys. I'm just trying to figure out if I definitely do have the correct US model already now?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

I just sent him both my build number and IMEI number. Will he get back to me do you think? He doesn't know me which is why I ask. I told him I was referred to him by you guys. I'm just trying to figure out if I definitely do have the correct US model already now?

don't worry, he is tagged and maybe just busy and not able to reply immediately. Give him a bit time to reply. He will look into this for you and get it sorted out.

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

No you don't need the replacement now. Did you mention in the message to @sshasan why you sent him your IMEI number? And yes he will get back to you. He's fantastic about that. Please be patient as he might be busy.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

No you don't need the replacement now. Did you mention in the message to @sshasan why you sent him your IMEI number? And yes he will get back to you. He's fantastic about that. Please be patient as he might be busy.

He just sent me a link to the update but it takes me to the page where you buy the phone but does not show any link to an update. Does anyone here have the correct update link they could post?

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,606 mod
    edited September 13, 2017 3:13PM

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

He just sent me a link to the update but it takes me to the page where you buy the phone but does not show any link to an update. Does anyone here have the correct update link they could post?

Please refer to my previous posted screenshot. Your on the right page you just need to scroll down and click support

Also I've already downloaded one update file but I'm not sure how to manually push the update now that it's been downloaded. Can anyone help step me through the manual update process? I have already extracted the file but unsure how to move it to my SD card if that's the next step? I simply do not know.

@musicdjm said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Please refer to my previous posted screenshot. Your on the right page you just need to scroll down and click support

Perfect. I'll try that. Thank you very much indeed.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:
    Also I've already downloaded one update file but I'm not sure how to manually push the update now that it's been downloaded. Can anyone help step me through the manual update process? I have already extracted the file but unsure how to move it to my SD card if that's the next step? I simply do not know.

If you downloaded the ZIP file from ZTEUSA.com , you won't need to extract the zip file. what you need to do is the following :

1- Move that zip "P852A12V1.2.0B12_RM_data.zip" to your SDCARD
    2- Enable OEM Unlocking under " Developers Option"
    3- Boot to Recovery
    4- Apply Update via Sdcard.
    5- Look for the zip file , after that just CLEAR CACHE and reboot system.

@musicdjm said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

Just found it. Thanks again. After they download what do I need to do from there? Will they automatically push the update once downloaded or do I need to move them somehow. I really want this latest update. I feel like I'm lacking on the phone. Lol