Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Now it's the battery

ZerotovaZerotova TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Seriously ZTE what are you guys doing? Whatever update I received is killing my battery. 100% to 16% in 3 hours, and then another 4% in 6 minutes? Maybe a legit public review of how terrible this phone has become would kick your tails into gear to get something done. I have the same apps I normally use and none of them have drained a phone to this degree. For the record, the battery dropped drastically while in standby.

Comments

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any trouble shooting at all? Screenshot of battery usage? Did you clear the cache?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Zerotova said:
    Seriously ZTE what are you guys doing? Whatever update I received is killing my battery. 100% to 16% in 3 hours, and then another 4% in 6 minutes? Maybe a legit public review of how terrible this phone has become would kick your tails into gear to get something done. I have the same apps I normally use and none of them have drained a phone to this degree. For the record, the battery dropped drastically while in standby.

Whenever my phone has a system update I wipe the cache partition in recovery and then reboot. Then I go through all the settings again just like I was setting it up the first time. In your case you can do those things but this sounds pretty severe. I would definitely do what I mentioned but it really sounds like you're going to have to do a factory reset @Zerotova.

• ZerotovaZerotova TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

@hollap Restarting, checked my battery usage as well and it's the same as always. I've been clearing the cache due to the Bluetooth issues mentioned in previous posts but, the same issue still remains.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Zerotova can you post a few screen shots of your battery performance? Also, would you be willing to try the app GSAM battery monitor in order to get a better idea what's going on? Thanks!

@Zerotova did you try the things that I suggested?

• ZerotovaZerotova TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

The factory reset slightly helped. I'm still getting a moderate drop in standby but usage when not in standby is a little back normal, I'll have to test it. I checked the battery usage and only saw that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were eating the battery. But its kinda strange as I've never had this issue prior to the update and it feels a little farfetched for these two items to drop a battery that drastically.

@Zerotova said:
    The factory reset slightly helped. I'm still getting a moderate drop in standby but usage when not in standby is a little back normal, I'll have to test it. I checked the battery usage and only saw that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were eating the battery. But its kinda strange as I've never had this issue prior to the update and it feels a little farfetched for these two items to drop a battery that drastically.

If you're still not getting the battery life that you should then do what @hollap said and install GSam app so we can have better details to further help you. You said that both wifi and bluetooth were "eating" the battery. You do turn those off when you're not using them right?