Phone stuck on "Checking connection... this can take a while" screen at start-up

Hi all,

I had to do a factory reset recently just to get my phone to get past the ZTE Blade V8 Pro loading screen. However, now, when I am setting up my phone, after I have connected to the WiFi it just stays on the "Checking connection... This can take a while" screen. It is frustrating particularly because I am traveling for work today and will need my phone.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mzhou93 said:
    Hi all,

I had to do a factory reset recently just to get my phone to get past the ZTE Blade V8 Pro loading screen. However, now, when I am setting up my phone, after I have connected to the WiFi it just stays on the "Checking connection... This can take a while" screen. It is frustrating particularly because I am traveling for work today and will need my phone.

It would be faster to exchange the phone then it would to troubleshoot the problem since you're traveling today.

• mzhou93mzhou93 USAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mzhou93 said:
    Hi all,

It would be faster to exchange the phone then it would to troubleshoot the problem since you're traveling today.

I got it to connect but then it crashed again. I suspect something's up with the launcher because both times before my phone stopped working, it said that my launcher had stopped responding. I use Nova, and when it stopped working I tried to use the default but it wouldn't work either.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2017 12:35PM

@mzhou93 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mzhou93 said:
    Hi all,

I got it to connect but then it crashed again. I suspect something's up with the launcher because both times before my phone stopped working, it said that my launcher had stopped responding. I use Nova, and when it stopped working I tried to use the default but it wouldn't work either.

Have you wiped the cache partition in recovery and cleared the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot?

• CorpSuitCorpSuit Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Question, when you wipe are you loading up Facebook? A few of us determined the Facebook App is causing an issue with Google Play Store and it is hanging the phone up on the boot, which is the never ending Blade V8 Pro screen.

• There is also a discussion in progress at link below. In an effort to consolidate, this thread will be locked. Please join in the discussion at:
    https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/50152/phone-not-waking-up-lots-of-stock-android-has-stopped-working-home-button-wonky#latest

This discussion has been closed.