Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

axon zte 7 performance after a year

desiinusa123desiinusa123 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
edited September 14, 2017 3:10PM in Axon

Any one? How is the performance after a year? Any depreciation in battery, performance? I bought 2 months ago once it did little bit clutter but came back to normal nicely. However I feel heat on the screen to my fingers when I type, usual?
Over all after 2 months I hate to put it down, this is the first phone I used most with in first 2 months after I bought:-)
Good work zte,

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@desiinusa123 said:
    Any one? How is the performance after a year? Any depreciation in battery, performance? I bought 2 months ago once it did little bit clutter but came back to normal nicely. However I feel heat on the screen to my fingers when I type, usual?
    Over all after 2 months I hate to put it down, this is the first phone I used most with in first 2 months after I bought:-)
    Good work zte,

I've had 2 A7's for over a year and do not notice any degradation with the battery or any other function. Once the software bugs were fixed everything has been fine.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am still using it. I love the build on the Axon 7. The size, weight, and metal body is just perfect for me. Not to mention great speaker on the unit.

• chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still love my Axon 7. I do think that the battery on mine has degraded some and doesn't last as long as it did, overall it is still a tremendous phone! Especially considering the price and updates that it has received.

• There are 3 Axon7s in my house and a 4th close by. From the time I wake up, my Axon7 is with me, and doesn't venture to far off. It has gotten 3 devoted Iphone Brats to switch over to Android, ok I have to give credit to ZTE's Blade V8 Pro on one of these converts..lol but it was an Axon7 that got her interested. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I see all these posts asking for Axon8, and although I am curious, I am still content, and it would take a bit to pry this from my lil hands.

Excellent @musicdjm. Very well written.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter Tallahassee FLPosts: 493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 is both mine and my wifes daily driver. I have a few other phones I use, but Axon 7 is always with me and my main SIM is always in it. Can't wait for Axon 8 or whatever is next!

• notamoosennotamoosen Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 13 month's in. Still get about 5 hours of screen on time. My memory usage has gotten a bit higher with each update, but I tend to only max out at 3-3.25gb usage.

Looking forward to the successor. I kind of hope they buck the bezel-less trend and keep the front facing speakers, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker so long as they are stereo, and the price point is similar.

• @notamoosen said:
    I'm 13 month's in. Still get about 5 hours of screen on time. My memory usage has gotten a bit higher with each update, but I tend to only max out at 3-3.25gb usage.

Looking forward to the successor. I kind of hope they buck the bezel-less trend and keep the front facing speakers, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker so long as they are stereo, and the price point is similar.

How do I check screen time? Do I browse for 5 hr continuesly?

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

To check your screen on time.

1, Swipe down from the top of the screen.
    2, Click on the battery icon.
    3, Then under hardware usage, click on screen.

• tonyg41tonyg41 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

I've had the Axon 7 since January and have been very pleased. I purchased an HTC U11 as a possible upgrade but after a couple days I returned it.
    I hated the fingerprint scanners location and poor performance. I also missed MI pop as well (I know, I'm one of its few fans). ZTE interface is much more user friendly as well.
    I just hope the 8 comes soon.

• kenbr1960kenbr1960 Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

I've had my Axon 7 since January and it's still the best phone I've owned. I look around every now and again out of habit but nothing that has come out that has seemed like it would be better, at least for the price. I would probably take a Note 8 if someone gave it to me but it's not worth $930 to me.

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Battery life is degrading a bit from what I've noticed either from battery degradation or software. Got 3h SoT yesterday. That being said, I love how ZTE has been listening to their customers and have improved the software a lot since the beginning.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No matter what device I use, when I go back to the A7 it's always my favorite. Year long user now and quite happy. There may be better phones, but for the money I have no complaints about my money spent.

• morningmorning Muskegon, MiPosts: 4 ✭✭

Bought mine on 1/8/2017... tonight it stopped working. It keeps acting like I just turned it on but it is stuck with AXON on the screen and makes a musical noise from time to time.

@morning said:
    Bought mine on 1/8/2017... tonight it stopped working. It keeps acting like I just turned it on but it is stuck with AXON on the screen and makes a musical noise from time to time.

@morning what happens if you push and hold the power button for up to 45 seconds?

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This thread ask a strange question. Most people who would answer "No" to this question are probably not even on this forum anymore.

• saeedtedsaeedted TexasPosts: 668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, had this phone a whole year. it has a few scuffs and scratches because I never used a case for it. Battery drain has been significant but I don't fret on that since I am using custom software and I walk around with a power bank.

What does have me worried is the OIS motor, it really gets in the way if the weather is hot or I am taking a lot of photos. Will probably RMA once I get a second phone.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still using it and is my daily driver.
    Battery life is a little easier to consume, but I do have it maxed out so it is expected.
    Other than that I haven't had issues. Very satisfied with it.

• jazzijazzi Posts: 98 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ musicdjm

"I love...
    "... it's what controls everything around me ..."
    "I meant its my everything"

Dude are you sure you're talking about an electronic device? :D

• chuckbortchuckbort USAPosts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have personally seen how he caresses the phone when he is holding it.

@jazzi said:
    @ musicdjm

"I love...
    "... it's what controls everything around me ..."
    "I meant its my everything"

Dude are you sure you're talking about an electronic device? :D

• jazzijazzi Posts: 98 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 8:52AM

@chuckbort said:
    I have personally seen how he caresses the phone when he is holding it.

Well the back is silky smooth. :D

On a serious note though, I have noticed that the "big players" Samsung, Apple and LG are still releasing 2017 flagships with 4GB of RAM (in Apple's case 3GB for the iPhone X) and 64GB of internal storage.

This just just shows how remarkable the Axon 7's hardware specs were back in 2016. I first started using mine in January of this year and the phone is still fast. Battery life has never been a strong point but it's by no means the worst. I expect the device to easily handle what I throw at it the next couple of years :).