WiFi connection problem

dewiburidewiburi WisconsinPosts: 1

I'm using Android 7.1.1 and recently my phone has problem connecting to the internet. It has no problem connecting to the internet at home but can't seem to connect to the university WiFi. It says 'IP Configuration Failure' most of the time. I have no problem connecting to the university WiFi using other devices though.

I tried restarting the phone a few times but it didn't work

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Go into settings, and click "more" under Dual SIM Settings, scroll to the bottom and try the Network Settings Reset. Restart the phone again and see if that helps. If not, does your university use certificates perhaps?

• woopsywoopsy United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Switched to this phone a ZTE axon7, came from a Galaxy j7 which I lost and immediately noticed that it has a hard time connecting via WiFi to internet. On networks that are easy to connect, the ZTE flips around and doesn't connect unless the signal is 100% and that without guarantee. It doesn't look like a antenna problem. Is ZTE just not that good in connecting to weaker signals?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dewiburi said:

I'm using Android 7.1.1 and recently my phone has problem connecting to the internet. It has no problem connecting to the internet at home but can't seem to connect to the university WiFi. It says 'IP Configuration Failure' most of the time. I have no problem connecting to the university WiFi using other devices though.

I tried restarting the phone a few times but it didn't work

I would reach out to your University IT department to see if they have any suggestions. Being in IT myself, they should be able to monitor your connection attempts and determine what the issue might be.