Battery Life

LaShelleKinney1LaShelleKinney1 GardendalePosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

I am having an issue with battery life. I am constantly having to charge my phone throughout the day! It's really inconvenient. I have a battery saver app installed but it's obviously not working. I keep my WiFi off and all apps not in use hibernated. But it doesn't seem to be helping.

Best Answer

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@LaShelleKinney1 said:
    I am having an issue with battery life. I am constantly having to charge my phone throughout the day! It's really inconvenient. I have a battery saver app installed but it's obviously not working. I keep my WiFi off and all apps not in use hibernated. But it doesn't seem to be helping.

Thoroughly go through the settings and select the choices that you know will use less battery. Such as location. If you turn off location you will use less battery. That's just one example but there's lots of other choices like that to save battery power. Oh and uninstall the app that you're using to save battery. Those apps use more battery monitoring your usage then if the app wasn't installed in the first place.

Answers

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LaShelleKinney1 Please install GSAM Battery https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en then please post a screenshot of your apps running.

Also what is your build # that you are currently running.

• LaShelleKinney1LaShelleKinney1 GardendalePosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

jimlloyd40 I took your advice and it worked great for a while but I'm now back to the same issue? Also, any tips on cleaning my phone? I have 32g of space and I have no where near enough apps to occupy that much space?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LaShelleKinney1 did you install GSAM Battery Monitor? That way you can share a screenshot of everything that is running in the background.

I keep Location and Bluetooth on all day and still have great battery life. The only thing that I turn off is WiFi when I am not using it.

Also I have about 173 apps installed.

• My husband and I have each had 3 ZTE ZMAX phones, we loved them, the battery life was awesome, never ran out and we us our phones all day for business... could not get them anymore so we settled for ZMAX Pro. These are the worst phones we have ever had. They have to be charged constantaly, we both have to charge 6 or more times a day. We complained when we first got them and we were told that there had been very few complaints about battery life on the Pro but there was an update coming, I asked for it to be sent then, I was refused, and told we would get the update when it was released as our turn. This was last March it's December and we have started carring around pocket chargers so we can make it thru the day. We have checked what's running in the background and closed what needs to be closed. With no extras running, I unplugged my phone at about 7:30 AM and now at 9:25 AM after about 6 texts, 1 call and nothing else, it is now at 79%. What happens when i actually use it? This is not an acceptable phone, my SD card has been
    a hassle as well, but I can deal with that. The phone is soooooo inferior to the ZMAX we loved so much and ZTE's only help is reset your phone or send it in.....2 weeks without a phone...I was told to go to Walmart and buy a new phone, send mine in and take back the phone when mine comes back. That's also crappy service. We spent our money with ZTE several times and we are told to purchase another one and HOPE we can return it. LAST ZTE DOLLAR SPENT. While we had ZMAX phones we were cheerleaders, the phones were awesome but this PRO and the way ZTE has handled our problems has sent us shopping with our chargers attached.

• My husband and I have each had 3 ZTE ZMAX phones, we loved them, the battery life was awesome, never ran out and we us our phones all day for business... could not get them anymore so we settled for ZMAX Pro. These are the worst phones we have ever had. They have to be charged constantaly, we both have to charge 6 or more times a day. We complained when we first got them and we were told that there had been very few complaints about battery life on the Pro but there was an update coming, I asked for it to be sent then, I was refused, and told we would get the update when it was released as our turn. This was last March it's December and we have started carring around pocket chargers so we can make it thru the day. We have checked what's running in the background and closed what needs to be closed. With no extras running, I unplugged my phone at about 7:30 AM and now at 9:25 AM after about 6 texts, 1 call and nothing else, it is now at 79%. What happens when i actually use it? This is not an acceptable phone, my SD card has been
    a hassle as well, but I can deal with that. The phone is soooooo inferior to the ZMAX we loved so much and ZTE's only help is reset your phone or send it in.....2 weeks without a phone...I was told to go to Walmart and buy a new phone, send mine in and take back the phone when mine comes back. That's also crappy service. We spent our money with ZTE several times and we are told to purchase another one and HOPE we can return it. LAST ZTE DOLLAR SPENT. While we had ZMAX phones we were cheerleaders, the phones were awesome but this PRO and the way ZTE has handled our problems has sent us shopping with our chargers attached.

BTW.... we have purchased 8 chargers which are all inferior and 1 even shorted out and burned me.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017 11:23AM

Hello @[email protected].com I will try to assist you in your battery life issues. I need to start with some simple info. Where did you purchase the device and what carrier are you using? What is the current build of software that's on your device? Are you willing to perform a Factory Reset on your device so we can start from scratch? If so, when performing the FDR, do not install from a backup. Install clean and test before adding any other apps as a starting point. Thanks!

Hello @[email protected] I will try to assist you in your battery life issues. I need to start with some simple info. Where did you purchase the device and what carrier are you using? What is the current build of software that's on your device? Are you willing to perform a Factory Reset on your device so we can start from scratch? If so, when performing the FDR, do not install from a backup. Install clean and test before adding any other apps as a starting point. Thanks!

@LaShelleKinney1 said:
    jimlloyd40 I took your advice and it worked great for a while but I'm now back to the same issue? Also, any tips on cleaning my phone? I have 32g of space and I have no where near enough apps to occupy that much space?

I assume you mean your space is filled, and the amount of apps you use shouldn't be using that much space. In the settings options, is there an option for memory or storage? If so, that should give us a clue as to what is using all of your storage.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,548 mod
    edited November 29, 2017 11:24AM

@[email protected] Good morning. I see that you have created a duplicate thread. In an effort to consolidate this thread will be merged. Thank you.
    Please continue your discussion here:
    https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/51089/battery-life#latest