LOL. RIP Zmax Pro

asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 24, 2017 10:22AM in ZMAX

I did not know ZTE officially does not give a **** about Zmax Pro anymore. I have this thread on bookmark. So I was unaware. I am using different PC and has to go to hoops to find this Zmax Pro thread. Wow so those still hoping for unlock bootloaders or even nougat.... in your dreams. More like nightmare.

I still own this as my current phone. Even though it's ******. I can't let go. There are no other 6 in. screens with VR that's affordable as far as I can see. Unless someone here can tell me so I can ditch this ****** company for good like Alcatel.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Zmax pro is a carrier device developed for MetroPCS (T-Mobile) by ZTE.
    ZTE does not control what gets updated and/or when. Complaints would go to Tmo.
    As mentioned above though, the Zmax Pro is now replaced with the Blade Z Max,
    also only available from MetroPCS at this time.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@asianrocker said:
    I did not know ZTE officially does not give a **** about Zmax Pro anymore. I have this thread on bookmark. So I was unaware. I am using different PC and has to go to hoops to find this Zmax Pro thread. Wow so those still hoping for unlock bootloaders or even nougat.... in your dreams. More like nightmare.

I still own this as my current phone. Even though it's ******. I can't let go. There are no other 6 in. screens with VR that's affordable as far as I can see. Unless someone here can tell me so I can ditch this ****** company for good like Alcatel.

You can blame the carrier for the non upgrades.... not ZTE.

It is what it is.... the Carrier writes the checks to the OEM's...... that is true in every situation. If the carrier does not want the device to receive an upgrade then...... it doesn't get one other than "Maybe" security patches.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@coldheat06 said:

@asianrocker said:

You can blame the carrier for the non upgrades.... not ZTE.

It is what it is.... the Carrier writes the checks to the OEM's...... that is true in every situation. If the carrier does not want the device to receive an upgrade then...... it doesn't get one other than "Maybe" security patches.

I know that you don't endorse that but it's illogical for the carrier to not ask for updates if they want their customers to be happy and help ensure repeat business. I don't buy carrier phones but if I did and I found out the very company that I bought a phone from is impeding getting a phone updated I would find a new carrier.

The companies don't want to spend the extra money on maintenance and updates... yes it is illogical, but carriers are out to make money..... they know exactly what they are doing.....lol

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 173 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Carriers control updates not the OEM....if that were the case, old phones made from Samsung, LG, Sony etc would have ALL of their old phone on 7.x

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 687 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 1:34PM

Thus the reason I only buy unlocked phones. I have found that buying unlocked is the best route for me, it may not be for everyone as a lot of people like the payment plans over paying the lump sum upfront. I do not want carriers having control over anything but the price of my bill and the towers staying updated